• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AVB must be so tinkled off. He wants a striker but probably now knows that Levy is not going to give him the massive funds to do so. At Chelsea he could have whoever he wants. Here he has to do with Kane. Fcuks sake.

One of the questions AVB would have asked, as any sane manager would have is, HOW MUCH YOU GONNA GIVE ME TO SPEND?

if AVB asked and was told a figure he would have thought it was sufficient enough to get a few good players. If Levy backtracked n that then I doubt AVB would have stayed.

I feel sorry for AVB.
From Hulk and Falcao, Then to a Drogba who scored 6 goals in the league and a Torres who was crap and now he has Defoe and Kane.

:lol:

I feel sorry for AVB.
From Hulk and Falcao, Then to a Drogba who scored 6 goals in the league and a Torres who was crap and now he has Defoe and Kane.

:lol:

Speaking to fans of other clubs at work most of them can't believe Spurs have allowed themselves to get to this late stage a few days remaining with still only one striker. It's the predicament you might expect to see a 3rd division club who are on the brink of administration in.

Speaking to fans of other clubs at work most of them can't believe Spurs have allowed themselves to get to this late stage a few days remaining with still only one striker. It's the predicament you might expect to see a 3rd division club who are on the brink of administration in.

If we had all our other for the window done and had our midfield in place then it wouldnt be a disaster however....

The thing is the whole Ade thing wouldnt appease me so much because as far as im concerned it shows not so much ambition and a lack of pro-activeness. It smacked of that last summer.

Ade last summer was a convenience and this summer? also a fudging convenience. It really is not a marquee type significant signing.

We are so fudging reactive in the transfer windows and I dont really give a brick what anyone thinks and if anyone has a go at me - ****S.

What I find funny is that those same people who are being patient were blaming Harry for the lack of buying a striker and couldnt make his mind up etc. When in fact the issue will be ever present until levy changes how he does things.

I do not see the window shutting at the end of the month. I see the window shutting last fudging week.

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david
Spoken to M'Vila camp, who say he'd only leave Rennes for a club in Champions League & currently no interest from CL clubs in England #thfc

The thing is the whole Ade thing wouldnt appease me so much because as far as im concerned it shows not so much ambition and a lack of pro-activeness. It smacked of that last summer.

Ade last summer was a convenience and this summer? also a fudging convenience. It really is not a marquee type significant signing.

We are so fudging reactive in the transfer windows and I dont really give a brick what anyone thinks and if anyone has a go at me - ****S.

What I find funny is that those same people who are being patient were blaming Harry for the lack of buying a striker and couldnt make his mind up etc. When in fact the issue will be ever present until levy changes how he does things.

Was it harry or was it levy. Guess we will never know. Our lack of activity thus far in the striker acquisition stakes does tend one to the conclusion that it was Levy.

Even in our reduced circumstances (no CL, no CL money so no top wages, still no deal for Modric or Ade, no new stadium, etc) we should be lowering our sights on a transfer target we can afford and will want to play for us. We need a virtual bagpuller out of the hat. Saudi Sportswashing Machine seem to be able to buy decent strikers at circa £15m why cant we?

I do not see the window shutting at the end of the month. I see the window shutting last fudging week.

Whatever happens in the lead up to the closure of the transfer window, the cold hard facts of the matter are that if nothing happens in the next 24/48 hours we will be opening our campaign with only one recognised PL striker for AVB to choose from. If Levy thinks that this is the right way to prepare for the season, then he is a Grade A muppet of the highest calibre.

Last edited:

Ade is a £25m forward who we are lucking for about £5m. Llorente is no better than him. At this point in time Ade really is as good as it gets. Hopefully in a year or two Leandro will also emerge beyond him.

Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur target Joao Moutinho has hinted that he remains open to a move to the Premier League.

The Porto midfielder has been linked with a move to both clubs following an excellent Euro 2012 campaign for Portugal earlier in the summer. As Spurs have been faced with the increasingly likely prospect of life without Luka Modric, who is finally edging closer to a move to Real Madrid reports today suggest, Moutinho has been identified as a player of sufficient class to help fill the void left by the Croatian.

Andre Villas-Boas managed Moutinho during his reign as Porto boss, but Sir Alex Ferguson and the Manchester United hierarchy are also reported keen admirers. Speaking to Portuguese publication Record, the 25-year-old reiterated that he looks forward to winning more titles at Porto, but cryptically refused to rule out a move before the end of the transfer window. "It is clear that by August 31st, anything can happen,” Moutinho told Record.

Both clubs were heavily linked with a move for Moutinho last month, but both have been quiet on the matter recently, as Manchester United shifted focus onto Brazilian ace Lucas Moura and Luka Modric’s proposed move to the Bernabeu has stalled.

Now that Manchester United’s efforts to sign Moura have failed, the club may reignite their interest in the metronomic midfielder Moutinho. United’s lack of cover in midfield has been well documented, and Sir Alex Ferguson’s recent admission that he may have to deploy Michael Carrick in central defence may reinforce the 70-year-old manager’s necessity to add to his midfield numbers.

Sounds like a man who knows Daniel Levy.

Its so frustrating, Saudi Sportswashing Machine aside our next 5 or 6 games are hugely winnable

We couldve with strikers started well got maybe 18 points from 21, be right up there then the momentum builds for the season..

Unless something big happens soon I could see us blowing our start, I hope im wrong

M'Vila is 22. Vieira at 22 was a Premiership winner, an FA Cup winner (both in the same season) and a World Cup winner. And people were raving about him in his first season at Arsenal (he was 20 btw). This isn't a put down to M'Vila (I've never paid attention to him and don't know anything about him to say he is over, under or perfectly rated) but to suggest that no one was shouting home about Vieira at 22 is simply wrong.

Captained Cannes as a teenager too.

Ade is a £25m forward who we are lucking for about £5m. Llorente is no better than him. At this point in time Ade really is as good as it gets. Hopefully in a year or two Leandro will also emerge beyond him.

I dont care much for Llorente. I am not saying I mind Ade but he needs back up so two strikers we need and yes we do need them.

What I care about is show some ambition.

What I care about is our team and preparation. What I care about is us being successful this season. What I care about is having a capable spine.

At the moment - can you even name our spine? To be successful you need a spine. Parker maybe? Kaboom maybe?

Is Friedel first choice or not? Who is up front for us? Two fairly key areas.

Its about learning from lessons and at the moment we dont seem to have learnt from last summers window.

Who: Grey Fox
When: 13th August
Where: SC

JJ might just have been wrong on this one, enquiries definitely made [for M'Vila]. I will also lay my head on the block and say we get a striker in, other than Ade this week.

Who: Grey Fox
When: 13th August
Where: SC

JJ might just have been wrong on this one, enquiries definitely made [for M'Vila]. I will also lay my head on the block and say we get a striker in, other than Ade this week.

No-one gives a toss what you do. So much self importance, they are fudging deluded.

What I find funny is that those same people who are being patient were blaming Harry for the lack of buying a striker and couldnt make his mind up etc.

In my case, not true at all.

In the CL season, I was happy enough with Crouch, Defoe and Pav. The fact they ALL had poor seasons could not have been predicted. Last season, I was happy with Ade, Defoe and Pav. I confess to being less than delighted at Saha (was worried about the injury record).

What was always debated here was WHY we didn't go and splash mega-wonga on a striker in one of three or fur windows, and I said it was because of indecision. In fact, in the case of ONE of those players (Suarez) I was personally happy we dithered and didn't sign him!

There is no doubt that Levy is a penny-pincher (even I'm not Magoo!) but I think we do forget that we are not in the CL, do not have a massive stadium right now yet we expect CL standard fare. Quite right too! I am still convinced we could've won the title last season but for distractions,and I am still convinced we have a fine squad which needs two more players.

Final thought; Madrid have really fudged both Modric and us over IMHO. The player was once again unsettled, a valuation was set early, nothing changed until Madrid decided to pull back and try to 'cheap' up out, and Levy isn't going for it. If Levy folded for 25-27 mill now, he'd (rightly) get a slagging.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto @AssouEkotto

With a nap,the day is not enought long...i make a dream!As we signe a BIG STRIKER. Very good! who score many goal!!!but it was. A dream LOL

Who is this A.Dream? What kind of striker is he? I assume he's rather tall due to the BIG STRIKER moniker he seem to have following him :-k

Back