• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Olympics started the last week of July, I would think they probably met up maybe 3 weeks before, at the most a month. So taking worst case scenario of a month then he would have met up in the last week of June, that would still give him around a month of free time from the Fulham game to Brazil Olympic training.

The more I think about it the more pee'd off I'd be if he was given time off now.

Can't we give him the next two weeks off after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game? I mean we have West Brom and someone else who shouldn't be too testing (albeit I know there are no easy games) after that if I remember correctly?

In Before The Merge! ;)

As I mentioned already next door - why have so many assumed we are indeed the club who've placed a concrete offer for him? Could be a whole host of PL names.

But beyond that - he is nothing like Modric as a player, imv so if this is the replacement - I'm rather underwhelmed to say the least. Unless of course AVB doesn't rate Parker at all and is looking to ship him out (plausible)

Last edited:
He's also gonna have to pair up with someone new in the middle seeing as Parker and Modric won't be there...

In Before The Merge! ;)

As I mentioned already next door - why have so many assumed we are indeed the club who've placed a concrete offer for him? Could be a whol host of PL names.

But beyond that - he is nothing like Modric as a player, imv so if this is he replacement - I'm rather underwhelmed to say the least

I can't for a second believe that AVB would think that he was a replacement for Modric. I would guess, maybe, that Scotty obviously has a finite career left in front of him, some of our playing staff don't make the grade and we need strength in depth. Him and Sadro would be two very good long term options I think.

I can't for a second believe that AVB would think that he was a replacement for Modric. I would guess, maybe, that Scotty obviously has a finite career left in front of him, some of our playing staff don't make the grade and we need strength in depth. Him and Sadro would be two very good long term options I think.

Freudian slip??

This is getting like the Right back situation of a few years ago :eek: I haven't seen him play at all so I'm not entirely sure what he would offer, I don't see why we need another DM right now unless Sandro or parker are leaving, although M'villa is slightly different from what I gather from the video, he reminds me a bit of Song from the scum in that he is fairly mobile and has a good long pass but, otherwise technically limited in comparsion to modric (This is all on the basis of the video and I know modric plays a different style and position). Who would he replace because he seems far too direct to replace modric.

Yeah but, I can't see sandro being too happy with any more rotation this season and M'villa will probably expect to start.

This is getting like the Right back situation of a few years ago :eek: I haven't seen him play at all so I'm not entirely sure what he would offer, I don't see why we need another DM right now unless Sandro or parker are leaving

This is why I put the passing stats in. He is actually a lot more than a Parker type DM. He has the ability to be a Big Willy G type player and calm things in possession as well as when we're defending. Let's not forget, nobody knows who AVB actually rates and wants to keep at this point. M'Vila might not be needed as such, but he is going for a song and maybe AVB or Levy recognises this.

We didn't exactly "need" Siggy, but for less than £10m, why the hell not. A full season playing like he did for Swansea and he'll double his value at least... Maybe we're playing Moneyball a bit?

He doesn't need to be a direct replacement for Modric, he needs to be able to form a balanced combination with our other defensive and attacking midfielders, all of whom have different combinations of qualities.

Right where's my banning stick?

I don't know enough about him, but he did catch my eye in the 1 or 2 times I saw him play. Looked energetic, by no means a Modric type player but that's not what we necessarily need.

Thudd. The only concern would be speed and possesion with those two in the centre but, if VDV is fit and playing it may not be too much of a problem (possesion) but, pace would still be a worry.

This is why I put the passing stats in. He is actually a lot more than a Parker type DM. He has the ability to be a Big Willy G type player and calm things in possession as well as when we're defending. Let's not forget, nobody knows who AVB actually rates and wants to keep at this point. M'Vila might not be needed as such, but he is going for a song and maybe AVB or Levy recognises this.

We didn't exactly "need" Siggy, but for less than £10m, why the hell not. A full season playing like he did for Swansea and he'll double his value at least... Maybe we're playing Moneyball a bit?

Hmmm... can he play upfront?

I get what you mean about being a different type of player and as I have said, I've seen next to none of him. I just feel the money could be better spent moneyball should be done when we have stuff left over but, then again we may have ade atleast wrapped up.

Back