• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thudd. The only concern would be speed and possesion with those two in the centre but, if VDV is fit and playing it may not be too much of a problem (possesion) but, pace would still be a worry.

How would possession ever be a problem with Thudd there?

There is no way Levy would accept £25 mill for Modric. Maybe 25 with 15 in add ons but 25 is a stupid amount 5 mill more than henderson? hmmm

A strange move if it happens, and one I think would signal our intention to get rid of Parker or Sandro. The 25 man squad rule doesn't really allow for stockpiling of pros in the same position.

I cant remember the last time a rag got a transfer fee correct. Unless the club says what the fee is. When I got my accounts info through from the club being a shareholder the fee's mentioned and what we actually paid or received were miles apart.

I cant remember the last time a rag got a transfer fee correct. Unless the club says what the fee is. When I got my accounts info through from the club being a shareholder the fee's mentioned and what we actually paid or received were miles apart.

Are you able to give us a couple of examples mate? Would be interesting to see the differences....

Olympics started the last week of July, I would think they probably met up maybe 3 weeks before, at the most a month. So taking worst case scenario of a month then he would have met up in the last week of June, that would still give him around a month of free time from the Fulham game to Brazil Olympic training.

The more I think about it the more pee'd off I'd be if he was given time off now.

I agree. Now is not the time (unless M'Vila arrives...hmm). I don't see why Sandro can't slot straight in and play for certain number of matches. He is match fit and midfield of Hudd/Sandro/VDV looks good to me.

--------Ade------
Bale------VDV------Lennon
----Hudd------Sandro-----

When is Parker due back?

Its so frustrating, Saudi Sportswashing Machine aside our next 5 or 6 games are hugely winnable

We couldve with strikers started well got maybe 18 points from 21, be right up there then the momentum builds for the season..

Unless something big happens soon I could see us blowing our start, I hope im wrong

I can't for a second believe that AVB would think that he was a replacement for Modric.

Then the next question would be - is this really a priority signing at this point in time considering our shortcomings upfront, potentially in the middle as well as cover out wide?

If funds are scarce - I'd much rather see investment in far more pressing areas

Last edited:
I think a lot will happen this week, find it extremely possible that we will bag one striker and a midfielder. If not, then I´ve lost all beleive in Levy...

There is no way Levy would accept £25 mill for Modric. Maybe 25 with 15 in add ons but 25 is a stupid amount 5 mill more than henderson? hmmm

I think i've cracked this one.

We've 'agreed' £25m with RM for LM. It also says that it will not complete until we find a replacement.

All those clubs with potential replacements (that inc you Porto) we've received 'only' £25m for LM, so we are a bit tight for cash.

I mean get real! £25m would never be acceptable to Levy, its just a tactic to save a few shekles down the line

Sid Lowe‏@sidlowe
So, it's confirmed: Fernando Llorente will not renew his Athletic contract. Huge pity.

Man, if he ends up somewhere else in the PL it's going be gutting.

Back