• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So...Ade, M'Vila, Niang...would we be happy? Assuming Modric stays?

I think Niang could be the perfect back-up striker to Ade from what little I've seen of him...would be a great solution...

If M'Vila is as good as he's said to be and is very good on the ball and can set up attacks from a deep position then I would almost be happy even if we bring in those and Modric left.

For me, if Modric stays (and is reasonably happy to stay) and we bring in a proper striker anything else would feel like a bonus.

If we did get M'Villa it would represent quite a step change for the way we play. Not necessarily bad, but definitely a change. I expected we would add strength to a number of areas even without the Modric issue, but the striker one now is absolutely chronic.

Well, according to Ben Ade will be announced Tuesday at the latest.

I for one will clear my schedule the next two days, hook my computer up to the TV with the official site open and a script refreshing it once a minute. I will then live in front of that TV until we sign him. For bathroom breaks I will bring my ipad. I will only order in food and I won't sleep until we sign him!

Get yourself one of those text-to-speech gizmos and listen to the official twitter feed for the next 48 hours.

oh ok, yeah can't see us signing a 17 year old as first choice back up to Adebayor tbh

I can't quite see that either. Third choice would make a lot more sense to me, then get some games in the EL games perhaps.

Not sure if steff meant that he would be the 2nd choice though, could more just be that he would be a great understudy to have coming through.

Well, according to Ben Ade will be announced Tuesday at the latest.

I for one will clear my schedule the next two days, hook my computer up to the TV with the official site open and a script refreshing it once a minute. I will then live in front of that TV until we sign him. For bathroom breaks I will bring my ipad. I will only order in food and I won't sleep until we sign him!

I guess when I say striker I dont mean Ade I mean someone else.

I cant deal with just having Ade (better than nothing) but still

Moutinho, Niang, M'Vila, Llorente, Ade, Lloris and Modric to stay. Nailed on.
Selling JJ, Bentley for £30m to Villa to balance books. Levy you evil bald genius

Ade in time for Saudi Sportswashing Machine, second striker by the end of the window is how I see it now.

Will it be a little like getting 2nd place when you thought you would get the gold?

McKayla-Maroney--008.jpg

Mumorn you've been pretty quiet for a while, then you pop up and declare we've signed M'Vila and Niang and Utd have bought RVP... are you Mystic Meg or ITK?

Moutinho, Niang, M'Vila, Llorente, Ade, Lloris and Modric to stay. Nailed on.
Selling JJ, Bentley for £30m to Villa to balance books. Levy you evil bald genius

Now, if you could just get your son-in-law to sign on the dotted line as well, it would be a perfect summer.

Back