• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know what the ITK's have been saying as I mostly gaze to see what Spurs ITK's are saying, but I am very very confident.

Dave Goddard @DaveGoddard1971

For those asking RVP hasn't signed for MUFC yet but I'm told it is imminent.

I do wonder if this is why they wouldn't mind getting rid of JD once we have Ade and someone else in as could they class Bale/Gulfi/VDV possibly as back up for them along with Kane?

AVB's system only has room for one striker, which JD wouldn't fit. So two main strikers (Ade + Leandro most likely) would be acceptable for the league, while we can classify Gylfi as a forward on occasion since he's like a VdV-lite who plays more advanced. Kane wouldn't be able to play in anything higher than a cup game I'd think (shouldn't be playing as lone striker anyways), and Bale is too experimental atm (doesn't quite make the runs yet) but could be an option in one or two games. Gio is still technically listed as a striker, but he's clearly not a central one.

If we can't get Leandro in this window but have a shot in January, I think JD will stay for now. But if Leandro comes in now I suspect JD would kick up a fuss, so we'll let him leave, and then pray that Ade stays injury-free and that Leandro settles in quickly before January. Because we already know that Defoe can't fit AVB's system, whereas Leandro at least has a shot - a risky shot, but a shot nevertheless.

We could also try to get Sahin and a young striker from RM in the Modric deal since they can't give us enough money, but that's even more complicated.

Basically we're screwed if Ade gets injured even if JD stays, so I'll be pulling out the incense and rosaries.

When some on here said 3 months ago

'We won't sign a striker til 31/8/12'.

I laughed. But you were right. Sorry to doubt you. I'm fudging outraged it's come down to this.

It will happen before the 31st. I'm sure of it. I'd put my house on it, in fact, if I hadn't already lost it when I declared that we would sign a new forward before January 31st.

Actually i prefer him over all the other itk's as it's painfully obvious his intention is to wind people up and if you actually do believe him then it's more a case of you being a gullible taco (not you personally mate) then anything else.

I sure hope that is the case. :)

Football Agent ‏@agent_153

#Mvila is delighted to be a spurs player and has enraged #AFC fans by claiming #THFC is the biggest club in London

So apparently we've had an £18m bid accepted for m'Vila

Ah, the joys of getting excited about a player I've seen play twice or something based on nothing other than some rumour somewhere...

Really looking forward to the end of the window and just look at our squad and see what players we have playing for us. The sick thing though is that come November I'll be getting slightly excited about the January transfer window and the prospect of bringing in some quality player.

So...Ade, M'Vila, Niang...would we be happy? Assuming Modric stays?

I think Niang could be the perfect back-up striker to Ade from what little I've seen of him...would be a great solution...

.............Adebayor?
Bale......van der Vaart....Lennon
......M'Vila?...........Sandro

M'Vila is an enigma. Arsenal really, really wanted him before cooling their interest for some reason. City could have gone for him (their scouts were apparently spotted at several Rennes games) but chose to go for Rodwell instead. United need a central midfielder, yet they've never been linked with him.

And apparently he's now available for 12 million euros or something, a ridiculous price. Why is no one interested?

He's 6 foot something, fast, strong, with great technique and a good pass on him. He's got attitude problems, judging by his shenanigans with Rennes, but that should be a minor concern at best. So there must be something deeper behind this apparent lack of interest. I hope we don't buy him and he turns out to be Ali Dia's younger brother or something.

Obviously M'Villa is replacement for Modric BUT WHERE THE fudge IS MY STRIKER

Well, according to Ben Ade will be announced Tuesday at the latest.

I for one will clear my schedule the next two days, hook my computer up to the TV with the official site open and a script refreshing it once a minute. I will then live in front of that TV until we sign him. For bathroom breaks I will bring my ipad. I will only order in food and I won't sleep until we sign him!

If M'Vila is coming, clearly AVB doesn't rate more than one or two of our current crop of Jenas, Parker, Livermore, Sandro.

Back