• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
btw am i the only one not the least bit excited about the potential Leandro signing? He seems like a poacher type striker that doesn't really get himself involved in general play.

Damn. If they add Sahin then it's not gonna be a top 4 finish for us this time around.

Lets see whether RvP walks. I wouldnt be surprised if the signings which they make are a way of appeasing fans before he leaves. They then have to integrate Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla and any others and hope that they succeed

Dave Goddard @DaveGoddard1971
According to @reluctantnicko mcfc about to make a surprise signing. Interesting.

Nixon is a journo I think, mostly clued up on Blackburn.

Lets see whether RvP walks. I wouldnt be surprised if the signings which they make are a way of appeasing fans before he leaves. They then have to integrate Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla and any others and hope that they succeed

Mate even if he does walk they still have a stronger first x1 than we do.

btw am i the only one not the least bit excited about the potential Leandro signing? He seems like a poacher type striker that doesn't really get himself involved in general play.

Perhaps our new system would be geared to accommodate such a player (not that he's purely that imv, anyway)

Never seen him play but if he's a target man/finisher then I think thats exactly what we need. We have wide men (both wingers and attacking FBs) and players like VdV, Sigurddson who play a bit deeper and creative CMs in Modders and Thudd....we need a big penalty box man who will score 20 per season

In the sense that he is a young Brazilian forward with a quality scoring record breaking into the international side its very exciting.

In the sense I dont know the first thing about him as a player Im inclined to temper than excitement until I see more of him and decide how good he is/might be.

Also, in the sense that if we brought him he would likely need a fair amount of time and patience to really settle in I advise not expecting the world of him in the short term

Perhaps our new system would be geared to accommodate such a player (not that he's purely that imv, anyway)

I don't like those sort of players tbh regardless of the amount of goals they contribute. The only 'poacher' type player i like is Huntelaar and that's only because i think he has a bit more to his game then simply scoring and has decent general play.

I don't like those sort of players tbh regardless of the amount of goals they contribute. The only 'poacher' type player i like is Huntelaar and that's only because i think he has a bit more to his game then simply scoring and has decent general play.

They might not be everyone's cup of tea but if he banged in 30 goals a season, I'd be prepared to look past and set sights on next season's CL group draw.

Last season Ade's finishing made the difference between 18 and 28 league goals, imv. Perhaps that's what we've been missing considering the chances our midfield can create

Last edited:
Isnt an out and out goalscorer who can hold up play precisely what we need?

Adebayor did well in the role last year and had it not been for the period mid-season when his formed slumped, would have had an amazing record for the season (above an beyond his all round play)

Ideally, we'll be getting in Adebayor and an Adebayor mk II....however I'm very sceptical that we have the cash for that

Cazorla will be for sure, Podolski can go either way and i haven't really seen Giroud tbh.

What makes you think Cazorla will definitely be an instant hit?

Also does this mean Theo Walcott will be leaving or Gervinho? surely he cannot keep all of them happy week in and week out? plus you have the Ox who will also be played more on the wing than anywhere.

Back