• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
------------------RVP/Giroud
Gervinho/Podolski-----------Walcott/Chamberlain
----------------Cazorla/Ramsey
----------Arteta/Wheelchair----Song/Diaby

No expert on Arse, but I'd imagine something like this. Sahin to replace Wheelchair possibly.

What makes you think Cazorla will definitely be an instant hit?

Also does this mean Theo Walcott will be leaving or Gervinho? surely he cannot keep all of them happy week in and week out? plus you have the Ox who will also be played more on the wing than anywhere.

Surely it would be nice to have that strength in depth to be able to leave Walcott on the bench lol

Similarly it would be good if we had the strength in depth to not have Defoe as our only established striker.

No expert on Arse, but I'd imagine something like this. Sahin to replace Wheelchair possibly.

....Yeah... yeah ;)

Dave Goddard @DaveGoddard1971
According to @reluctantnicko mcfc about to make a surprise signing. Interesting.

Nixon is a journo I think, mostly clued up on Blackburn.

What, another £30m+ signing on £250,000 a week with money they club doesnt generate ? Yeah thats a surprise alright.

You made that asumption of him on that penalty didnt you ? LOL fudge me.

No I didn't actually (Because I didn't see it). I made it on the various bits I've sen of him on television and the internet. He just doesn't look that quick. I'll be glad to be proved wrong though.

Liverpool have joined the race to sign Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin.

And Brendan Rodgers’ close relationship with Jose Mourinho could give the Anfield club an edge over Arsenal and Tottenham in negotiations.

Spanish newspaper Marca says Liverpool want to take the Turkey international on a season-long loan, which could suit all parties.

Sahin showed reluctance to join Spurs when Andre Villas-Boas wanted him as part of a proposed deal to sell Luka Modric to the Spanish champions.

It had been claimed that Arsenal were favourites to sign him in recent days, but Mourinho could convince the 23-year-old that a year with Rodgers would benefit his development.

Rodgers impressed the Portguese at Chelsea, where he worked as the youth team manager from 2004 before being promoted to look after the reserves in 2006.

Sahin struggled to make an impact at the Bernabeu after signing from Borussia Dortmund for £8million last year and the former Chelsea boss says he is prepared to let him leave.

He made just four league appearances - 10 in all competitions - and has asked for more first-team football.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2179841/Nuri-Sahin-join-Liverpool-instead-Tottenham.html

Daily Mail inventing as they see fit as usual.

What, another £30m+ signing on £250,000 a week with money they club doesnt generate ? Yeah thats a surprise alright.

To be fair, Emirates Marketing Project have been very quiet this summer, aside from the RVP and Agger speculation.

Surprised that they haven't made the level of signings that Chelski have made

To be fair, Emirates Marketing Project have been very quiet this summer, aside from the RVP and Agger speculation.

Probably due to the fact their squad is already stacked to the brim (25) with quality players?

They have Dzeko, Tevez, Ade and Santa Cruz. At least three need to leave before they can bring in another attacker.

Are Emirates Marketing Project finally realising how hard it is to shift all of the early players they spunked stupid wages on?

I bet loads of clubs would take some of their outcasts if they were on normal wages.

I really don't know why they are after Sahin unless Walcott is leaving. I know they play different positions but if Walcott leaves then they're probably planning to play Cazorla in the RWF position and Arteta as the advanced playmaker.

--------------------------------RVP/Giroud--------------------------------

Podolski-------------------------------------------------------------Cazorla

---------------------------------Arteta--------------------------------------

-----------------------Sahin-------------------Song-------------------------

I really don't know why they are after Sahin unless Walcott is leaving. I know they play different positions but if Walcott leaves then they're probably planning to play Cazorla in the RWF position and Arteta as the advanced playmaker.

--------------------------------RVP/Giroud--------------------------------

Podolski-------------------------------------------------------------Cazorla

---------------------------------Arteta--------------------------------------

-----------------------Sahin-------------------Song-------------------------

Where does superstar Wheelchair play when he is fit?

Back