• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Greg Stobart @gstobart
As I wrote in my piece, Spurs bid for Leandro Damiao is independent of ongoing Adebayor saga
Agents who brokered Sandro's move to #THFC have offices in Porto Alegre are also involved in the Leandro deal
A few have said that it will take more than £15m to sign Leandro Damiao. Probably right but it's a good offer & clubs will negotiate

Levy will make one final offer of 14 mill....just watch

got to admit the Cazorla signing is a good bit of business by the scum....like Silva, he can split defences with killer passes

fookers

Walcott better than Azza ...what a load of codswallop. If Azza played as many minutes and further up the pitch like Walcott then he'd walk every category:

Winger-Comparison-1.png

Yeah that's right, I brought out the stats. I went there.

Nothing like some a-contextual meaningless numbers to prove a point. Oh, wait...

None of the above players share the same formation or team-mates, etc.

Him and Lennon don't play in the same position per se - so the comparison is largerly inaccurate, imv.

Walcott is a good player - his gooner association however (like with most of their players) along with he fact he's competing with a Spurs player for an England spot - results in tremendous bias and motivation to produce questionable stats like the one above (which was actually made by someone else, iirc.)

Berbatov was probably one of the most efficient goal scorers in the PL last season in terms of goals per minute - would have walked a similar table and finished 'on top'. Is he a better striker than Aguero and RVP?

Last edited:
I think the Walcott / Lennon debate was done before the Euro's, I thought it had been put to bed in that thread. Can't believe I'm still seeing people favouring Walcott?! Not even my Arsenal supporting mates think he's any good anymore !

Nothing like some a-contextual meaningless numbers to prove a point. Oh, wait...

None of the above players share the same formation or team-mates, etc.

Him and Lennon don't play in the same position per se - so the comparison is largerly inaccurate, imv.

Walcott is a good player - his gooner association however (like with most of their players) along with he fact he's competing with a Spurs player for an England spot - results in tremendous bias and motivation to produce questionable stats like the one above.

How do you explain his own fans thinking he's brick then?

Back