• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Andre Mitrovski ‏@AaronLennon10
Claims that Damaio has rejected advances from other clubs because he wants to join Spurs, according to his father. (@THFCNews_Views )

Football Agent ‏‪@FootyAgent92
Spurs doing all they can to bring Leandro Damaio to White Hart Lane #Tottenham#Leandro#THFC

Some bloke on twitter reckons Leandro is holding out for Spurs

I seen a lot of Leandro to Spurs teletext today including supposed quotes that his da said he was going. I won't hold my breath but it could happen I suppose. Maybe he's taken to London while over here.

Lloris da said he think Spurs will move in for him. Lot of this agent da thing going on.

fudge it. If my kids are any good I want to be their agent. One of them is showing promise.

There's just been a journo on talksport saying that juventus have pulled out of trying for vp and are going to bid for Suarez. If this is true I'm worried they'll maybe also go in for damiao. They seem to be as desperate as us to get someone in.

Getting hopes up on an overrated player?

Are we sure he's overrated though? The man is 22 years old and leading the line for Brazil. His hold-up game has improved by leaps and bounds, and he has always been a class finisher. He is incredibly strong and has surprising mobility for a man of his size. Sure he is not rapid, but not too many strikers of his size are, and he has HUGE potential. Taking a player straight over from South America is always a risk, but with the striker market as inflated as it is (Carroll 35 mil, Torres 50, Falcao 36, etc) , it may be a wise one to take. For every Falcao there is a Keirrison, but I think that, at this stage, LD is worth the outlay. At the very least, he'll always be able to score goals at a slightly lower level and he's young, so he'll still have some value even if he struggles. I honestly was unsure about LD until the last six-eight months of listening to Tim Vickery talk about his massive improvement. Nobody has their finger on the pulse of Brazilian football better than him, IMO.

Honestly, if the price is around 18 million euros, who would you rather get? Don't think that kind of money is going to get Lewandowski (also doubt he'd come), and would get us nowhere near Falcao, Llorente, Hulk, etc. I like Adebayor, but for 180k per week, you are going to end up paying much more than the 5 million pound transfer fee for a player who is deprecating in value. Honestly, I'm not sure Damiao would come anyway, but if we ended up with him and a cheaper alternative, like Abel Hernandez, Victor Moses, or Daniel Sturridge (not my favorite by any means), I'd be pretty happy with our options.

Are we sure he's overrated though? The man is 22 years old and leading the line for Brazil. His hold-up game has improved by leaps and bounds, and he has always been a class finisher. He is incredibly strong and has surprising mobility for a man of his size. Sure he is not rapid, but not too many strikers of his size are, and he has HUGE potential. Taking a player straight over from South America is always a risk, but with the striker market as inflated as it is (Carroll 35 mil, Torres 50, Falcao 36, etc) , it may be a wise one to take. For every Falcao there is a Keirrison, but I think that, at this stage, LD is worth the outlay. At the very least, he'll always be able to score goals at a slightly lower level and he's young, so he'll still have some value even if he struggles. I honestly was unsure about LD until the last six-eight months of listening to Tim Vickery talk about his massive improvement. Nobody has their finger on the pulse of Brazilian football better than him, IMO.

Honestly, if the price is around 18 million euros, who would you rather get? Don't think that kind of money is going to get Lewandowski (also doubt he'd come), and would get us nowhere near Falcao, Llorente, Hulk, etc. I like Adebayor, but for 180k per week, you are going to end up paying much more than the 5 million pound transfer fee for a player who is deprecating in value. Honestly, I'm not sure Damiao would come anyway, but if we ended up with him and a cheaper alternative, like Abel Hernandez, Victor Moses, or Daniel Sturridge (not my favorite by any means), I'd be pretty happy with our options.

With what i have seen of him he is not as good as some say and lets be honest a lot of the people who rate him have just jumped on the bandwagon and have probably never seen him other than youtube vid's. Doumbia would be my preferred choice.

With what i have seen of him he is not as good as some say and lets be honest a lot of the people who rate him have just jumped on the bandwagon and have probably never seen him other than youtube vid's. Doumbia would be my preferred choice.

I've seen much less of Doumbia than I have of Damiao, but I wouldn't have a problem with him, except that he is going to be very expensive. I remember Napoli having an 18 million pound bid knocked back and him being rated at about L26 million by CSKA. Either way, he'd also be a risk. I rarely watch Russian football, but I don't think the defending is of a significantly higher standard than the Brazilian championship. Doumbia has scored goals in the Champions League, but it's unclear how he'd do week-in, week-out. Either one would be an expensive gamble, but I think Damiao could be had for less, and as I've seen more of him, I'd lean towards him.

I think we are all so desperate for a striker that we would just get excited about anyone really.

More importantly it seems that either due to our 'pull' or lack of rather and financial constraints we cant really go for the proven established players so we have to go for the players that may pose a risk but thats what we have to do. Look at Cisse at Noocastle (I dont think he will perform as well next season mind) but he performed well.

I havent seen Doumbia but a) what would he cost and b) has he really played at a higher level in a better league than LD?

I think we are all so desperate for a striker that we would just get excited about anyone really.

More importantly it seems that either due to our 'pull' or lack of rather and financial constraints we cant really go for the proven established players so we have to go for the players that may pose a risk but thats what we have to do. Look at Cisse at Noocastle (I dont think he will perform as well next season mind) but he performed well.

I havent seen Doumbia but a) what would he cost and b) has he really played at a higher level in a better league than LD?

He has scored a couple in the Champion's League against decent teams, iirc. I was doing some Twitter trolling and evidently Sunderland had a bid accepted but he didn't want to go there. Around the 13 million euro mark. If that is true, I'd go for him and Damiao, and let Defoe go in January. Doumbia can also play out wide if necessary.

------------Lloris----------
Walker--Kab--Vert----BAE
--Modric/Mou--VDV--Sandro
-Bale-----Damiao--------Doumbia

I know it's asking a lot, but that would be pretty pretty pretty tasty.

I think that he looked a bit like Dzeko but better hold up play. Didn't look to have quick feet.

imo, dzeko would be incredible at spurs. obviously tough for him to shine in Emirates Marketing Project's fantasy forward line, but i think if you stick ED up top on his own at spurs, he would score 20 goals easyyyy.

Not to sure if true , but just heard ade in 48 hours and another by end of week , a mate told me that is a very good source ! I'm not itk just passing on what a mate told me

There's just been a journo on talksport saying that juventus have pulled out of trying for vp and are going to bid for Suarez. If this is true I'm worried they'll maybe also go in for damiao. They seem to be as desperate as us to get someone in.

Juventus don't really have the money needed for the players they're pretending to be interested in.

Back