• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i prefer levy to keep it behind closed doors. don't need to get the press involved in player negotiations.

Normally I would agree, in this case I would like to see us take some kind of stand and put in an ultimatum of sorts. Make it abundantly clear to Modric what will have to happen for him to get his move and make sure he accepts that if that doesn't happen he will be a Spurs player.

NOt talked to him in full view of cameras when we are potentially in negotiations with Hulks parent club?

just saying, there are some professions where your position demands a certain level of caution and behaviour

AVB isnt a young guy out on the lash with his buddies. He's a manager of a multi million pound football club. casually talking to potential targets they belong to a club we are in negotiations with is treading on dangerous territory

Maybe if the cameras were the ones where you had to hold the pan up over your head and tell your subjects to sit still for 30 seconds. Someone can whip out an iPhone like clint eastwood in a western and put it on twitter before AVB even blinks.

NOt talked to him in full view of cameras when we are potentially in negotiations with Hulks parent club?

just saying, there are some professions where your position demands a certain level of caution and behaviour

AVB isnt a young guy out on the lash with his buddies. He's a manager of a multi million pound football club. casually talking to potential targets they belong to a club we are in negotiations with is treading on dangerous territory

but i doubt Hulk is even a target, so why would Porto have a problem with this quick chat they had?

Nayim - thought you had droped it yet you seem to be stoking the fire again

What exactly are you trying to achieve having now refused to answer valid / rational comments addressed on the matter

Careful Affy - that wont go down well! LOL!

Real Madrid are tinkling me off right now.

You want a player? Thats fine.
You want to get a deal for the player? Thats fine, you are welcome to try.
You want to have already struck a deal with the player before his club? That IS NOT fine.
You want to get that player to force a move, weakening our negotiating position? That IS NOT fine.
You want to dictate a limit on what he can be sold for? F**K YOU MADRID!

We have been abundantly clear in our position from the off. We want to keep him. In order to sell it must be at a price agreeable TO US. Thats it.

Not stop f**king us about, and just do the deal or not.

yeeeaaah, i can see the scope now that i read through the thread.

looks like you set off a landmine i should have removed myself from the vicinity of

Careful Affy - that wont go down well! LOL!

Real Madrid are tinkling me off right now.

You want a player? Thats fine.
You want to get a deal for the player? Thats fine, you are welcome to try.
You want to have already struck a deal with the player before his club? That IS NOT fine.
You want to get that player to force a move, weakening our negotiating position? That IS NOT fine.
You want to dictate a limit on what he can be sold for? F**K YOU MADRID!

We have been abundantly clear in our position from the off. We want to keep him. In order to sell it must be at a price agreeable TO US. Thats it.

Not stop f**king us about, and just do the deal or not.

I cannot see the problem personally. THey have named the price they are willing to pay for Modric which they are entitled to. Unfortunately that figure differs from Levy's figure so the deal will not be done, end off. I am actually amused by Madrid's bravedo, they obviously have never played poker with Levy.

but i doubt Hulk is even a target, so why would Porto have a problem with this quick chat they had?

He is not a target - the suggestion is completely off target based on at least 10 factual points jimmy mentioned this morning.

It is mere ammo for those who feel the need for it againt avb

Cameras? It wasn't like he was at Wimbledon or The Open. Seemed to quite clearly be a photo taken with a crappy mobile phone camera.

So it's not just "in full view of cameras", but rather you would have to ask him to not talk to Hulk (at all) if there were anyone else present in the room apart from those two and our coaches. I agree that there are demands, he's not just some dude, but that demand seems to me quite ridiculous.

Say he was there to talk to Sandro (or Oscar :)), I think we can assume he had the permission of the Brazilian manager/director to do so, he walks through a public area in the hotel and he sees Hulk. Is he really just going to walk right past him? Really?

Luckily I don't think there are anyone at Porto that will care. Just a media/fans on the internet reaction I'm guessing.

Anyone know more about the rule that Tevez almost had in effect last season?

I think it was something like if the player plays less than 10% of the first teams matches, he can quit the contract. Does this apply to all games in a season or just league games?

So if Modric doesnt train, he cant play matches and in the end he can leave on a free??

I cannot see the problem personally. THey have named the price they are willing to pay for Modric which they are entitled to. Unfortunately that figure differs from Levy's figure so the deal will not be done, end off. I am actually amused by Madrid's bravedo, they obviously have never played poker with Levy.

Thing is Madrid Barca think they can go round bullying clubs to get what they want, its about time a chairman stood upto them and in Levy we ave the man

Nayim - thought you had droped it yet you seem to be stoking the fire again

What exactly are you trying to achieve having now refused to answer valid / rational comments addressed on the matter

Trying to police threads again Arcy? You are right though, I said Id leave it as its pointless and I should stick to that.

People need to realise the complaint isnt the conversation at all. Its getting caught!

Unless there is evedience that AVB is trying to tap him up there is nothing to complain about. He has the right to talk to talk to Hulk if it is a personal matter.

Besides, you have to be extremely naive if you think tapping up does not go on. Besides if you do not have the 30 million plus pounds in your pocket then tapping up means nothing. Lets face it Madrid were in contact with Modric before officially contacting us. But as they have failed to make an acceptable offer he is going nowhere

Maybe if the cameras were the ones where you had to hold the pan up over your head and tell your subjects to sit still for 30 seconds. Someone can whip out an iPhone like clint eastwood in a western and put it on twitter before AVB even blinks.

this is true. the best way to avoid it is to NOT go there. talk to him on the phone or something, or talk to him when he is with porto reps there...or wait till all manner of negotiations with porto in the press is at an all time low...i dont know. But getting your photo taken with a prominent footballer that plays for a club you are in negotiations with will set off alarm bells. how is this not obvious as far the PR and Media is concerned?

Amazing...i supposed jose should just get his photo taken with modric then, or even bale. everythings fine in that scenario according to some

Anyone know more about the rule that Tevez almost had in effect last season?

I think it was something like if the player plays less than 10% of the first teams matches, he can quit the contract. Does this apply to all games in a season or just league games?

So if Modric doesnt train, he cant play matches and in the end he can leave on a free??

Surely if he refuses to train there will be other parts of the contrac that screws him before it screws us.

AVB went to the hotel Brazil stay at with some of our coaches. The most logical explanation is that they went to see Sandro before Spurs fly out to the US. When they were there they bumped into other players from the Brazil squad. Why do we have to keep dragging this conspiracy any further due to some differing opinions?

this is true. the best way to avoid it is to NOT go there. talk to him on the phone or something, or talk to him when he is with porto reps there...or wait till all manner of negotiations with porto in the press is at an all time low...i dont know. But getting your photo taken with a prominent footballer that plays for a club you are in negotiations with will set off alarm bells. how is this not obvious as far the PR and Media is concerned?

Amazing...i supposed jose should just get his photo taken with modric then, or even bale. everythings fine in that scenario according to some

biut we are not in negotiations for Hulk!!!! whats gowan on 'ere today???? no transfer news and the place has gone mad

Back