• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And RM have set a limit of £27.5m

This will drag on for a long time, im afraid. Maybe until the end of the transfer window.

Could easily disrupt our start to the new season

I would actually like to see Levy come out publically (after talking to Modric) and set a deadline for getting this done or he will stay no matter what.

And RM have set a limit of £27.5m

This will drag on for a long time, im afraid. Maybe until the end of the transfer window.

Could easily disrupt our start to the new season

I think we need a good bit of AVB-banishment-to-the-reserves.

In this case I think it will be entirely justified and worthwhile. The whole sage is boring. All sagas are boring. This. This last year. RVP. Fabregas. Nasri. It's the most boring crap and it's made worse by the fact that it's written about as if it's the most important thing ever.

Banish Modric from the club until September. Tell him that if the asking price is met, he goes, if not, he rots in the reserves or decides to join the squad again. But he has a 4 year contract left and we will not be forced into a sale. But for goodness sake keep the whole saga away from our players. It's so frickin boring.

FIFA and UEFA does not have a clue.

Why have a transfer window deadline after the season has started?

The deadline should be July 31 so it does not disrupt the start to the season. Amazing they havent changed that.

The other thing is, we aren't Arsenal. We haven't let a player run down into the last 2 years of their contract. Why on earth do Madrid think setting a derisory limit is going to force our hand?

I think we need a good bit of AVB-banishment-to-the-reserves.

In this case I think it will be entirely justified and worthwhile. The whole sage is boring. All sagas are boring. This. This last year. RVP. Fabregas. Nasri. It's the most boring crap and it's made worse by the fact that it's written about as if it's the most important thing ever.

Banish Modric from the club until September. Tell him that if the asking price is met, he goes, if not, he rots in the reserves or decides to join the squad again. But he has a 4 year contract left and we will not be forced into a sale. But for goodness sake keep the whole saga away from our players. It's so frickin boring.

I understand the rationale behind keeping dissenters away from the group and all, but should we be so eager to deploy the same man management strategy that helped AVB out the door at his previous club?
Plus, do we even know Modric is whining and bitching in training?

I am absolutely for trying to keep team morale high, but somehow I don't think everyone will be pleased with such a choice.

I don't think anyone is twisting anything to fit an agenda Huddy. I just think someone voiced an opinion that didn't fit with everybody else's.

Absolutely. Not sure why its caused such a stir and certainly not interested enough to drag it out.

I feel it wasnt the best situation to be caught in. I have never doubted his motivations at all. Simple really. People disagree, thats fine, Ill leave it through fear of it becoming more ridiculous.

Absolutely. Not sure why its caused such a stir and certainly not interested enough to drag it out.

I feel it wasnt the best situation to be caught in. I have never doubted his motivations at all. Simple really. People disagree, thats fine, Ill leave it through fear of it becoming more ridiculous.

Its a difficult situation. In a fantasy world, if I were AVB, I'd call Scott Parker, Rafa VDV and Michael Dawson into my office, individually, and ask them their feelings about the saga.

If the theme is that he's disrupting the team, then banish him to the reserves by all means. If they feel he's still got a role to play, keep him in the squad and get the players to have a word

I understand the rationale behind keeping dissenters away from the group and all, but should we be so eager to deploy the same man management strategy that helped AVB out the door at his previous club?
Plus, do we even know Modric is whining and bitching in training?

I am absolutely for trying to keep team morale high, but somehow I don't think everyone will be pleased with such a choice.

Because I think in this case, all the players know he wants to leave, they've accepted it, and I reckon if asked most of them would say they'd rather the whole thing was over so they could concentrate on gelling with players that actually want to be there.

I don't hate Luka, I respect that he wants to move on and take the chance to play for Real. But we simply can't let it distract us this summer again. Send him away, I'm sure he'll keep himself fairly fit so that he can slot into the Real team if the move comes off. And they can either meet the asking price, or sod off. If he then has to come back and play for us. Good. If not, he can see if a team wants him enough next summer.

But he has 4 years left. We could conceivably go even another summer after this one without being forced to accept what is our fair valuation. I don't want him and his boring saga hovering around our club when we are trying to gel under a new manager. I don't think the players will be too fussed if Luka is told to stay away considering he's actually engineered the move himself, it's not similar to the Chelsea situation.

So, Madrid aren't going to meet our valuation of Modric, who has 4 years left on his contract. That's end of story in my opinion, Modric is our player this season. If Madrid can't afford him, tough brick on them.

So, Madrid aren't going to meet our valuation of Modric, who has 4 years left on his contract. That's end of story in my opinion, Modric is our player this season. If Madrid can't afford him, tough brick on them.

Exactly, and if Madrid don't want to pay and no other club does either, then Modric needs to re-evaluate if leaving is the best move for him.

The whole idea that Madrid set a price that we are happy to roll over and accept is laughable to be honest.

so... as it stands today

only ITK is that Ade has perhaps signed...

there has been nothing except the Jjetset flimflam after the signing of Vert

this comes to show that ITKs dont know brick with the new regime

the realistic valuation for Modric is around 30 mill pounds isnt it??? especially to a continental club??

The only thing we know is that he talked to Hulk...

I cannot understand what he should have done differently based on that.
NOt talked to him in full view of cameras when we are potentially in negotiations with Hulks parent club?

just saying, there are some professions where your position demands a certain level of caution and behaviour

AVB isnt a young guy out on the lash with his buddies. He's a manager of a multi million pound football club. casually talking to potential targets they belong to a club we are in negotiations with is treading on dangerous territory

Careful Affy - that wont go down well! LOL!

Real Madrid are tinkling me off right now.

You want a player? Thats fine.
You want to get a deal for the player? Thats fine, you are welcome to try.
You want to have already struck a deal with the player before his club? That IS NOT fine.
You want to get that player to force a move, weakening our negotiating position? That IS NOT fine.
You want to dictate a limit on what he can be sold for? F**K YOU MADRID!

We have been abundantly clear in our position from the off. We want to keep him. In order to sell it must be at a price agreeable TO US. Thats it.

Not stop f**king us about, and just do the deal or not.

It's not or the worlds gone mad.

If he was there as I believe to speak to Sandro which he would have be given approval by the powers that be in charge of the Brazilian U23 team, he was always going to be in the vicinity of players he once managed or knows personally. Is he supposed to ignore these people? All I see is him in a photo with Hulk that in all reality was just a conversation between friends, but as always some will twist it to meet their own agenda.

Well said. Poeple need to realise that he developed and maintained good relationships with his players at Porto so what he did was natural.

Back