• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thing is Madrid Barca think they can go round bullying clubs to get what they want, its about time a chairman stood upto them and in Levy we ave the man

Agreed, and that is why I am not bothered about Madrid telling us how much they will pay for Modric. Bottom line if they do not offer 35 mill methinks sure Modric will be playing in all white next summer, just not the all white of Madrid

but i doubt Hulk is even a target, so why would Porto have a problem with this quick chat they had?

does it actually matter? ever heard of court of public opinion? people get sacked just for talking to the competition in certain jobs

Levy talking to juande ramos. obviously we know now what went on but how on earth do we know prior to jol getting the boot that the pair arent good acquaintances

The only reason I was dragging anything is because the point I raised was completely missed in almost every response it received.

Affy gets it. I now dont feel like the lone nutter :p

this is true. the best way to avoid it is to NOT go there. talk to him on the phone or something, or talk to him when he is with porto reps there...or wait till all manner of negotiations with porto in the press is at an all time low...i dont know. But getting your photo taken with a prominent footballer that plays for a club you are in negotiations with will set off alarm bells. how is this not obvious as far the PR and Media is concerned?

Amazing...i supposed jose should just get his photo taken with modric then, or even bale. everythings fine in that scenario according to some

Mate he's gone to the hotel to speak with Sandro, has seen Hulk and had a quick chat to one of his former players. He hasn't gone to a place full of cameras, someone has stirred it up with a mobile phone.

He wanted to speak to Sandro in person. Nothing wrong with that. After the Olympics the season has already started basically, so maybe AVB wanted to speak to him before the preparations for that get properly underway so as not to distract him.

The conversation was written out on the previous page how it would go if he decided to simply ignore Hulk completely. It's ridiculous. They are adults. AVB is there to see Sandro and there is nothing wrong with that.

biut we are not in negotiations for Hulk!!!! whats gowan on 'ere today???? no transfer news and the place has gone mad

riiight, i forgot...you're ITK. you know this 100%. or at least you believe ITKs 100%. no mention of hulk in ITK news means we arent in for Hulk at all. gotcha.

and aside from that, we are or at least were in negotiations with porto for moutinho.........that basically puts a no fly zone over porto and their assets for key employees

so what if Levy was talking to hulk?

There is no evidence to suggest that we are in talks with Porto about Hulk anyway, especially since they are asking for 38 mill. Infact I would suggest that recent history has shown that the Porto board are as tough/stubborn as Levy when it comes to negotiating ytansfer details. Once they set a price they simply do not budge on it

riiight, i forgot...you're ITK. you know this 100%. or at least you believe ITKs 100%. no mention of hulk in ITK news means we arent in for Hulk at all. gotcha.

and aside from that, we are or at least were in negotiations with porto for moutinho.........that basically puts a no fly zone over porto and their assets for key employees

Looking at the fee quoted for Hulk I would be shocked if we were in for him.

That's obviously completely different and isn't likely to happen unless Levy and Hulk both find themselves in the scenario of a transfer negotiation.

It's just that this is a grey area because AVB represents the club, has gone to see his player which is perfectly reasonable to do, and yet bumped into an ex player there. But really looking at it anyone should be able to see that a few kind words is nothing, it doesn't amount to tapping up, a transfer negotiation and I don't think it will ruin the relationship with Porto.

I would suggest that as Porto have said Moutino will not go for less than 30mill pounds and Hulk 38 million pounds it really does not matter if we tap them up or not. Porto has out prices on both players heads and if you do not match it then it i sirrelevant whether you tap them or not. If you have the money either or both of them are yours if they want to come

does it actually matter? ever heard of court of public opinion? people get sacked just for talking to the competition in certain jobs

Levy talking to juande ramos. obviously we know now what went on but how on earth do we know prior to jol getting the boot that the pair arent good acquaintances

but Levy wanted Ramos :-s we dont want Hulk, there is a big difference

Hulk is a former player of AVB, they met and had a little chat. Good for them

Mate he's gone to the hotel to speak with Sandro, has seen Hulk and had a quick chat to one of his former players. He hasn't gone to a place full of cameras, someone has stirred it up with a mobile phone.

He wanted to speak to Sandro in person. Nothing wrong with that. After the Olympics the season has already started basically, so maybe AVB wanted to speak to him before the preparations for that get properly underway so as not to distract him.

The conversation was written out on the previous page how it would go if he decided to simply ignore Hulk completely. It's ridiculous. They are adults. AVB is there to see Sandro and there is nothing wrong with that.

dude, you come from the 'what if' and 'all men are the same and answer to the same code of behaviour' position so i wouldnt expect you to understand my view on this thing. but when you get into certain occupations you sign away some freedom. I am of the belief that someone in AVBs position shouldnt have put himself in that situation...say or wave hello to Hulk and tell him you'll call him later...or tell sandro to meet you outside or in a restaurant or something....dont go having a chat to a competitors asset in a situation that can make you and the club you work for look compromised

but Levy wanted Ramos :-s we dont want Hulk, there is a big difference

Hulk is a former player of AVB, they met and had a little chat. Good for them
you clearly didnt read what i wrote so i wont waste mine and your time responding in depth but what i will say is...
did you know that levy for sure wanted ramos before or after that photo caught the pair of them together. at which point levy denied it but the photo was a killer

Surely if he refuses to train there will be other parts of the contrac that screws him before it screws us.

But what can we do to him? Cancel his contract? That would profit him...

Fines? No footballer will ever be fined enough that it hurts...not with their salary...

you think we can afford Hulk????

:ross::ross:

and Hulk would even consider joining us

:ross::ross:

ok, i leave you with your conspiracy theories

African I really think you are overreacting. It is the most natural thing in the world for our new manager to want to personally talk to a player that he expects to play a significant part of our future. There is no conspiracy here, nothing to see.

heeeey , what would the this place be without a the polarization tactics of our local idiot. good to know his reasoning is as monumentally stupid as ever despite quantity LOL

you clearly didnt read what i wrote so i wont waste mine and your time responding in depth but what i will say is...
did you know that levy for sure wanted ramos before or after that photo caught the pair of them together. at which point levy denied it but the photo was a killer

i was sure that Levy wanted Ramos because there were strong suggestions that Levy wanted rid of Jol, and Ramos himself said that Spurs had made a "dizzying offer"

busted

Back