• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guardian sport @guardian_sport
Arsenal have turned down a bid from Manchester United for Robin van Persie

United trying for Baines, Lucas Moura, RVP and possibly Sahin. I thought they had finished their shopping?

They simply have to buy, their squad is paper thin, too many old and injury prone players and the latest crop of youngsters is not that great..

Not at all, Im simply saying conduct is important. Thats a very silly extreme to go to.

But players and managers from different clubs bump into each other at social functions ALL THE TIME. The only reason this has gotten any legs is because of the Porto - Chelsea - Spurs triumvirate. If it turns out that we have ANY interest in Hulk, then AVB has just stupidly been caught tapping up and should not have been there. Otherwise there is absolutely nothing wrong in what he has done.

Anyway, back on track... Spanish Media causing a brick storm with Modric apparently:

-------------------------
AS carry as their main headline today that Luka Modric refused to train with the rest of the team at Tottenham Hotspur and it was his choice that he left the training ground, but not after disucssion about such a scenario. They say he defaulted on his obligations because he is angry with the club for not releasing him to join Real Madrid.

AS claim they were told from sources close to the player that Modric said "I want to go to Madrid. There is no turning back. Now I'm not ready psychologically to train."

Now the same outlet says he's planning 'total rebellion' at the London club to force through a move to Real Madrid. They say he was expected to train today and has simply refused again and made it clear he doesn't see himself returning.
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...otal-rebellion-in-relation-to-spurs-say-spani

But players and managers from different clubs bump into each other at social functions ALL THE TIME. The only reason this has gotten any legs is because of the Porto - Chelsea - Spurs triumvirate. If it turns out that we have ANY interest in Hulk, then AVB has just stupidly been caught tapping up and should not have been there. Otherwise there is absolutely nothing wrong in what he has done.

Anyway, back on track... Spanish Media causing a brick storm with Modric apparently:

AS carry as their main headline today that Luka Modric refused to train with the rest of the team at Tottenham Hotspur and it was his choice that he left the training ground, but not after disucssion about such a scenario. They say he defaulted on his obligations because he is angry with the club for not releasing him to join Real Madrid.

AS claim they were told from sources close to the player that Modric said "I want to go to Madrid. There is no turning back. Now I'm not ready psychologically to train."

Now the same outlet says he's planning 'total rebellion' at the London club to force through a move to Real Madrid. They say he was expected to train today and has simply refused again and made it clear he doesn't see himself returning.
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...otal-rebellion-in-relation-to-spurs-say-spani

Probably flimflam - but if he does refuse to go to the US, just fine him £40m and let him rot in the reserves until his contract runs out. Then we spend the money on his replacement.

Quite happy that AVB was networking with the Brazil U23 side. There's a big difference between that and Redknapp's tapping up of players via the media.

My only hope is that he wasn't there primarily to see Hulk, as he's about the least talented of that group of players.

Im not paranoid. Im not even that bothered the picture exists - Ive simply pointed out I think he could have done better in the situation.

The only reason its seems more than that is the hearty defence he has enjoyed from people here. I wonder if they would be so sympathetic had it been another manager talking to one of our players?

I would have said the same about any manager.

The only thing we know is that he talked to Hulk...

I cannot understand what he should have done differently based on that.

They simply have to buy, their squad is paper thin, too many old and injury prone players and the latest crop of youngsters is not that great..

I agree. Especially in central midfield they desperately need another player.

If they have a chance to get RvP for a decent fee I think that could make a huge difference this season. Welbeck is pretty good and some peple really rate Hernandez, but no matter how highly you rate either of those RvP is just different class and a Rooney - RvP partnership could win them the league title back from City I think.

He pointed out on numerous occasions how his conduct should be 'spot on' at all times, in turn insinuating what he's done in that photo is the very opposite - i.e. misconduct

I think that he said two things; he doesn't like his managers getting caught in situations where it might be construed that they are tapping up and secondly being caught in such a situation might tinkle off the player's club and it is possible that this could interfere with any other business that we may want to do with that club.

You might not agree with Nayim but is it such an outrageous viewpoint?

Think they're about ready to give up on Anderson as well.

If Fletcher and/or Anderson could reach consistently high fitness levels again then they might be the answer(s), but currently none of them can be trusted even to do a job so they really are relying on Giggs and Scholes to keep performing.

Ignored him by the sounds of things.

or dived behind the sofa when he see a camera?

Sounds like a joke, but that is what it would have taken to ensure this kind of photo didn't appear...

I ask again - how is saying hi to and old friend considered 'misconduct'?

It's not or the worlds gone mad.

If he was there as I believe to speak to Sandro which he would have be given approval by the powers that be in charge of the Brazilian U23 team, he was always going to be in the vicinity of players he once managed or knows personally. Is he supposed to ignore these people? All I see is him in a photo with Hulk that in all reality was just a conversation between friends, but as always some will twist it to meet their own agenda.

I don't think anyone is twisting anything to fit an agenda Huddy. I just think someone voiced an opinion that didn't fit with everybody else's.

It will take £40m to prise Luka Modric away from Tottenham, according to Press Association Sport. The Croatia international has long been linked with a move away from White Hart Lane, with Real Madrid thought to be the favourites for the midfielder's signature.

Tottenham are willing to sell Modric at the right price, but Press Association Sport understands they are looking for a fee nearer to £40m than the widely-reported figure of £35m.

And RM have set a limit of £27.5m

This will drag on for a long time, im afraid. Maybe until the end of the transfer window.

Could easily disrupt our start to the new season

Back