• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It could go either way though.

It could be a genius move whereby the rest of europe looks on in awe eventually adopting it as our own.

Or it could convince agents to attempt to talk their players out of moves to Germany, which other countries wouldn't exactly be against. Less competition. Clubs would love that. Especially the ones that can afford the higher agent fees.

All the BuLi has to do is advertise the fact that they have fixed scale agent fees in place. I'm sure players are at the very least smart enough to realise when their agent is blatantly looking out for his own interests and not the player's.

'Yeah, I know Bayern Munich want you, but...errr...you'll like Q.P.R too, honest! They're sleeping giants, don't you know...what's Mario Gomez got that Djibril Cisse hasn't?'

How I rate Hulk has nothing to do with my POV here at all, so stop trying to attribute that to me straight away.

I appreciate people meet up in a friendly manner. Ive already stated Im happy to believe it is perfectly innocent.

That is besides the point. AS A MANAGER Villas Boas has a responsibility to conduct himself in a manner befitting his position.

So much damage can be done if this situation was taken the wrong way - whether it was innocent or not has no bearing on it - its PR, it relations, professionalism.

Im guessing we want to keep good relations with Porto considering their midfield start is supposed to be our priority target. Porto could well take this situation the wrong way - thats not good...

I disagree completely with your analogy here - 'conduct himself in a manner befitting his position'? By saying hi to an ex-player. Come on, fella

How I rate Hulk has nothing to do with my POV here at all, so stop trying to attribute that to me straight away.

I appreciate people meet up in a friendly manner. Ive already stated Im happy to believe it is perfectly innocent.

That is besides the point. AS A MANAGER Villas Boas has a responsibility to conduct himself in a manner befitting his position.

So much damage can be done if this situation was taken the wrong way - whether it was innocent or not has no bearing on it - its PR, it relations, professionalism.

Im guessing we want to keep good relations with Porto considering their midfield start is supposed to be our priority target. Porto could well take this situation the wrong way - thats not good...

Oh i see so to keep on people's good side he should not speak to friends / ex players and ignore them while in the same room? Don't think so.

Sorry Nayim, I'm going to have to say WALOB on this one. AVB is well within his rights to visit one of his senior players, especially as he isn't going to see him until the season starts. He probably said hello to half the Brazil squad that night but some little wind up merchant gets a snap of him and Hulk specifically to wind things up. What should AVB do, give him a custard pie as he breezes past?

That would actually be brilliant LOL.

I say again, for the umpteenth time I have no issue with him seeing Sandro (on a side note I think having common language between the two could have brilliant results)

It is, IMO, AVBs responsibility as manager of a football club to avoid getting caught in politically insensitive situations. The intent is not and never has been my issue. Getting caught having a private conversation with a player that would cause a real media stir is my issue.

I dont even care that he was talking to Hulk, Im sure they are old buddies so why the hell not? I just care that he lacked discretion which has allowed this mischief to occur.

Like I said, its PR games, how we present ourselves - which is very important IMO.

TEAMtalk @TEAMtalk

Sao Paulo claim to have turned down an offer of around £27m from Manchester United for midfielder Lucas Moura

That would actually be brilliant LOL.

I say again, for the umpteenth time I have no issue with him seeing Sandro (on a side note I think having common language between the two could have brilliant results)

It is, IMO, AVBs responsibility as manager of a football club to avoid getting caught in politically insensitive situations. The intent is not and never has been my issue. Getting caught having a private conversation with a player that would cause a real media stir is my issue.

I dont even care that he was talking to Hulk, Im sure they are old buddies so why the hell not? I just care that he lacked discretion which has allowed this mischief to occur.

Like I said, its PR games, how we present ourselves - which is very important IMO.

What's he supposed to do though? Ignore Hulk if he sees him on the way to seeing Sandro? Or know that the guy that took the photo was going to do it before it happened? He couldn't have done anything else there.

The intent is not and never has been my issue. Getting caught having a private conversation with a player that would cause a real media stir is my issue.

Hulk: Andre, Andre, over here, how have you been?
AVB: keeps walking
Hulk: Andre, remember me, we won every single game few seaons ago, I played in your team
AVB: looks the other way
Hulk: Andre, have you lost your mind?
AVB: Can't talk - bad for PR. They are watching us

Seriously - you are really blowing this out of proportion

And in this specific instance I am saying WALOB mate. He is in the team hotel, he probably said hello to everybody. The problem is you, me, the media and the whole spectacle of sensationalism. Manager cordially says hello to ex-player... THIS IS fudging NEWS I TELL THEE...

Anyway, it would have been funny if he'd palmed him off though.

this is getting ridiculous.

lets get back to real life.
john terry talking with his team mate's wife is fine
terry sleeping with his team mate's wife is insensitive.

no fifa rules saying you can't talk to anyone. you can't tap the player, but you can't just ignore someone you know.

Im not paranoid. Im not even that bothered the picture exists - Ive simply pointed out I think he could have done better in the situation.

The only reason its seems more than that is the hearty defence he has enjoyed from people here. I wonder if they would be so sympathetic had it been another manager talking to one of our players?

I would have said the same about any manager.

It's funny that the longer this conversation goes on the more polarised people's views become and they end up bearing little resemblance to the reasonable but different interpretation of events that they started out with.

Like with most things, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Le Football Man @LeFootballMan_

Manchester United are speaking to Real Madrid about a possible transfer for Nuri Sahin.

Guardian sport @guardian_sport
Arsenal have turned down a bid from Manchester United for Robin van Persie

United trying for Baines, Lucas Moura, RVP and possibly Sahin. I thought they had finished their shopping?

I hold a view, that AVB should be careful - how dramatic huh?

by that definition he should do nothing in life other than turn up for training and matches, and even at matches he better be careful who he looks at in a certain way

its crazy mate

Kenyon with Cashley was a little more dodgy, but even that could have been innocent

Back