• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
how does anyone know what is world class in JJetsets mind....we all have our own interpretations of players.

ok, he mentions world class, and then says "better than Kranjcar, worse than Sandro"......i mean, wtf !!

Hmmm let's just hope it's someone good.

Totally OT but i'm relieved we didn't go for Brendan Rodgers as his transfer dealings and planned formation is becoming very predictable and not very impressive in the slightest. Walcott , Dempsey and Allen are all decent but i wouldn't be very impressed if that was who we were targeting this summer.

-----------------------------Reina----------------------------------

Johnson------------Skrtel----------Agger----------------Enrique

----------------------Gerrard------Allen---------------------------

-----------------------------Dempsey------------------------------

----Walcott-----------------------------------------------Suarez---

------------------------------Borini----------------------------------

Pretty meh to me and they're probably not even gonna get Walcott so it's Suarez right and fudging Stewart Downiing on the left.

Rodgers has a bigger job on his hands than AVB IMHO.

It may be that that team is a step to getting his methods set up, and then a season or so later he will take it on even more.

As well as that it seems money is an issue for him.

There is a long road between the Liverpool of Dalglish/Hodgson and the style Rodgers had Swansea in...

You forgot Lucas.

No i didn't.

If they sign Allen then it will be Lucas vs Allen for a place in the cm position. Rodgers already stated that he doesn't play with a dedicated DM so Lucas will have to play a box to box role (which he can do). Allen though will be the creative force in that midfield so i can't see how Lucas is going to fit (unless he plays ahead of golden boy Gerrard which i doubt).

Ade will be on the plane, no stress

maybe not when the whole squad flies out, but he could always fly out during the tour if it takes that long to sort out the deal

Emirates Marketing Project want 7 mill, Levy has offered 5 mill.....this one could run and run.

I have him as the first manager to get the boot next season

ive gone for Allardyce, with guess who as his replacement

Harry+Redknapp++looks+happy+as+he+leaves+the+club+training+ground+in+Chigwell+today+amid+speculation+that+David+Beckham+is+joining+the+team+on+a+three+month+loan+deal+from+LA+Galaxy,+January+2011

No i didn't.

If they sign Allen then it will be Lucas vs Allen for a place in the cm position. Rodgers already stated that he doesn't play with a dedicated DM so Lucas will have to play a box to box role (which he can do). Allen though will be the creative force in that midfield so i can't see how Lucas is going to fit (unless he plays ahead of golden boy Gerrard which i doubt).

Lucas will more or less be the first name on the team sheet, regardless of Joe Allen.

I have him as the first manager to get the boot next season

I think he'll be fine, and have them around the top 6 which they will consider decent progress.

Borini will do well for him, their defence is solid, and with a couple of additions in midfield - let's say Sturridge and someone else, they will have a decent team.

I don't think they will really scare the top 4 this year, although they may hover around it and may occupy 4th position from time to time, but I don't think they will be so bad as to get him sacked. With moving Carroll out they seem to be doing everything they can to give him the platform he needs to succeed, and I think Rodgers has been clever so far in what he has been saying, aside from the Sigurdsson mess which was very transparent.

No i didn't.

...At Swansea. If its the interview Im thinking of he said basically there arent any tacklers in his team so he has to compensate by a high intensity pressing game and trying to get interceptions.

Im not sure he said he WOULDNT play a DM though

...At Swansea. If its the interview Im thinking of he said basically there arent any tacklers in his team so he has to compensate by a high intensity pressing game and trying to get interceptions.

Im not sure he said he WOULDNT play a DM though

Yeh that's the one i was refering too. Still though if he has a choice of Gerrard, Lucas, Dempsey, and Allen for the 3 central spots i really can't see Lucas ahead of the others (unless it's away to stronger teams where he'd play Lucas ahead of Dempsey possibly).

Yeh that's the one i was refering too. Still though if he has a choice of Gerrard, Lucas, Dempsey, and Allen for the 3 central spots i really can't see Lucas ahead of the others (unless it's away to stronger teams where he'd play Lucas ahead of Dempsey possibly).

Lucas has been one of their best players over the last 1-1.5 season (prior to his injury) - personally I'd be surprised if he dropped him

Lucas has been one of their best players over the last 1-1.5 season (prior to his injury) - personally I'd be surprised if he dropped him

He'll start every game when fit, I can guarantee that now. Kingdawson just seems to think Lucas is as cack as he was 3 years ago I guess.

He'll start every game when fit, I can guarantee that now. Kingdawson just seems to think Lucas is as cack as he was 3 years ago I guess.

I think he's cack even though i stated he was a good player in the last conversation i had about him with you only a few days ago?

We disagree on something which is fine but don't put words in my mouth.

Pienaar the priority - Distin

Toffees determined to bring playmaker back for a third spell

Last Updated: July 16, 2012 2:46pm

The South African playmaker returned to Merseyside for a second spell in January, with Tottenham Hotspur allowing him to head out on loan.

He remains surplus to requirements at White Hart Lane, with new Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas granting him permission to secure a permanent summer switch.

Everton lead the chase, with David Moyes keen to add a familiar face to his ranks.

Those already on the Toffees' books would welcome Pienaar back with open arms, with Distin conceding that fresh faces are required if the club are to compete in 2012/13.

"We are looking forward to the new season," the French defender told the Liverpool Echo.

Fight

"If we can add Steven and maybe one other player, that would be great.

"Steven is the priority. When he came back last season, he changed the way we played. It was good to see him coming back. We have got everything crossed that he will be back soon.

"We have to be honest and say that we don't have the financial power of some of the other teams. But we will still keep competing.

"We hope not to lose any players but if we do, we will just keep working hard. We will fight to finish as high as we can.

"Hopefully we will keep everyone, get players like Pienaar and everything will be great."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7904516/Pienaar-the-priority-Distin

Back