• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vancouver Whitecaps announce the signing of Cardiff striker Kenny Miller.

Heck, darn, golly. We really missed out there.

It's on again.

Sky Sports @SkySports
Sky Sports News understands Chelsea have agreed a £25m deal in principle to sign Brazil international Oscar

Who has been busy on Falcao's wiki page then?

Tottenham Hotspur
2012–
Falcao joins Tottenham Hotspur for a fee rumoured to be around €40000000 (£31000000), the clubs record fee payed for a player.

Number 9
2001–2009 River Plate 90 (34)
2009–2011 Porto 50 (41)
2011– Atlético Madrid 34 (24)
2012– Tottenham Hotspur (0)

Well, some gooner obviously didn't think it was funny at all. This is what it says now:

"Falcao joins Arsenal F.C. for a fee rumoured to be around €40000000 (£31000000), the clubs record fee payed for a player."

Who has been busy on Falcao's wiki page then?

Tottenham Hotspur
2012–
Falcao joins Tottenham Hotspur for a fee rumoured to be around €40000000 (£31000000), the clubs record fee payed for a player.

Number 9
2001–2009 River Plate 90 (34)
2009–2011 Porto 50 (41)
2011– Atlético Madrid 34 (24)
2012– Tottenham Hotspur (0)

Been switched to Arsenal now

If Chelscum sign Oscar, this will be their midfield:

Essien
Romeu
Ramires
Lampard
Mata
Obi
de Bruyne
Malouda
Meireles
Hazard
McEachran
Marin
Benayoun
Paizon
Kakuta
Oscar

So 16 players for 5 available spots :-k

Essien = Getting on a bit, not the same player.
Romeu = Young, one for the future. Cup games.
Ramires = STARTER.
Lampard = Getting on, but still proves every year, STARTER.
Mata = Class, STARTER.
Mikel = I think di Matteo likes him, started him a lot last year and he always gets games, STARTER.
de Bruyne = Young, one for the future. Cup games or loan.
Malouda = I don't think he'll stay at Chelsea.
Meireles = Experienced midfielder, good player to have on the bench.
Hazard = Just bought him for alot of money, highly rated, STARTER.
McEachran = Young, one for the future. Cup games or loan.
Marin = I think he's been bought for bench or when players are tired, cup games etc.
Benayoun = Will be sold.
Piazon = Striker isn't he?
Kakuta = He was highly rated but hardly seen anything, wonder if they'll get rid on loan again.
Oscar = Nothing confirmed yet.

Romeu, McEachran, de Bruyne, Piazon and Kakuta will all go on loan I think, certainly won't get much action. Malouda is being offered to other clubs. Benayoun will just see out his contract, don't expect him to feature much at all.

If Chelscum sign Oscar, this will be their midfield:

Essien
Romeu
Ramires
Lampard
Mata
Obi
de Bruyne
Malouda
Meireles
Hazard
McEachran
Marin
Benayoun
Paizon
Kakuta
Oscar

So 16 players for 5 available spots :-k

To be fair, we're not exactly short of midfielders either. Sure, some of them won't be here come September 1st (but others will arrive) and some can't yet be properly described as first team players (but the same is true of your Chelsea list):

Bale
Lennon
Van Der Vaart
Sigurdsson
Modric
Sandro
Parker
Huddlestone
Livermore
Dos Santos
Jenas
Pienaar
Carrol
Townsend
Rose

Alright, maybe my post was a bit exaggerated

Or maybe im just tinkled that Chelscum sign players that I would like to see at Spurs

Or maybe im just tinkled that Chelscum throw money around like women at a christmas sale

Or maybe im tinkled that FFP will never actually work

Dont know - I guess every one of the reasons will do

Or maybe im just tinkled that Chelscum sign players that I would like to see at Spurs

Or maybe im just tinkled that Chelscum throw money around like women at a christmas sale

Dont know - I guess every of the reasons will do

I think we all understand and sympathise with exactly what you're getting at!

Dont know - I guess every one of the reasons will do

I think there's going to be a lot of that right now...they covet more than one of our players, our manager is in rime position to cause them embarrassment, I think we're throwing some herrings in their path to get who we really want!

Back