• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the player is Falcao and i wouldn't be at all surprised if we're getting him for less then what they paid for him (or at the very least the same amount).

I would be stunned if we were to get him. Surely if he was available cheatski, Man C, PSG and maybe a couple italians would go for him and be able to blow us out of the water?

As stated he might want a different challenge, how about a mooted swap with Modric.

Fact that you repeated that line , footballers taking less money and leaving powerfulful teams to play in teams that are significantly lower in stature must be something that doesnt surprise you

personally i cant think of many

Falcao thing is a pipe dream lads. The only tenuous link is that with AVB at Porto. The rest doesn't add up, financially or logically.

I've been seeing links between us and Julio Cesar..... I don't know if there is any truth in this, but, this could be the 'world class' signing?

I would be stunned if we were to get him. Surely if he was available cheatski, Man C, PSG and maybe a couple italians would go for him and be able to blow us out of the water?

Chelsea...Torres
Man C.....Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, RVP to come
PSG....about to sign Ibra
Italian clubs....Maybe AC milan and their need to replace Ibra, but Berlusconi has hinted they are selling to reduce costs, so to throw money at Falcao would make no sense

As stated he might want a different challenge, how about a mooted swap with Modric.

If he wanted the challenge of playing in the Premier League then I am sure he would join a club that plays regularly in the CL. We are not that club yet; we do not have the economic pull nor the stature in Europe to attract players such as Schweinsteiger.

Look, I would love it if there existed romantic footballers who would play this game for the love of the game, fighting for the club and all that, but those days are long gone. Finoto. Ended.

Money and Champions League. These are the terms FIFA/UEFA/PL has given us, this is what we have to get.

Bayern win trophies, is his home team, are in the CL, can pay bigger wages, can attract better players to play alongside him, have bigger gates. There is practically nothing that we can offer him that Bayern cannot and Bayern have infinately more resrouces available to them. I cannot see why either Bayern would sell or Schweinsteiger would want to move to us. Expecially on Bayerns part as they are desperately trying to regain their mantle at the top of the Bundesliga.

Bayern win trophies, is his home team, are in the CL, can pay bigger wages, can attract better players to play alongside him, have bigger gates. There is practically nothing that we can offer him that Bayern cannot and Bayern have infinately more resrouces available to them. I cannot see why either Bayern would sell or Schweinsteiger would want to move to us. Expecially on Bayerns part as they are desperately trying to regain their mantle at the top of the Bundesliga.

but i dont think they can offer this

10654578.jpg

akqayid @akqayid

Can someone make a Jpeg of Lloris saying 'chill.... I've got this' please. Then send it to everyone. Because. Chill. We've got this. #SCITK

akqayid @akqayid

Can someone make a Jpeg of Lloris saying 'chill.... I've got this' please. Then send it to everyone. Because. Chill. We've got this. #SCITK

Tottenham have failed in their attempts to sign Lyon goalkeeper Hugo Lloris after they did not make a £16million bid before the deadline set by the French club.

Lyon had required any clubs interested in the French captain to agree a deal for Lloris before he returned to the club for pre-season training or he would no longer be available for transfer.

At the beginning of the month Lyon president Jean-Michael Aulas told the club website: “Hugo told me he would leave if he had an opportunity to play in one of the five biggest European clubs.

“We talked before, during and after the Euros. We are perfectly in tune on the subject.

“If any of these clubs make a proposal to the value is €20million, it will have a good scenario. If this is not the case before July 15, it will be the Lyon for the season.”

Lloris returned to Lyon for pre-season training yesterday and it now appears extremely unlikely that he will be on the move this summer.

Tottenham had been heavily linked to the player and were believed to have made a bid of £12million but this was denied by Lyon.

Spurs are in the hunt for a goalkeeper with Brad Freidel and Carlo Cudicini unlikely to have long-term futures at the club, and Heurelho Gomes falling out of the first team plans.

At 25, Lloris was viewed as the ideal signing as a result of the experience he has already despite having the best years of his career ahead of him.

Andre Villas-Boas will now turn his attention to Inter Milan goalkeeper Julio Cesar who could find himself relegated to second choice at his club after the signing of Slovenian goalkeeper Samir Handanovic from Udinese.

Back