• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro
Ancelotti met Modric's agent in Austria. Spurs' asking price of €50m has 'not scared off PSG's Qatari investors', according to Le Parisien

director ‏@thedirector10

been reading about what @jetsetyid has been saying and yes it is exciting times for spurs but this signing his talking about is not as...world class as his making out a very good signing but not as big as he is making out

all roads lead to Lewandowski
It's a wind up account. A guy from Spurs Community trolling for followers.

Müller is Bayern's future and i dont see them selling him to anyone, as Arc said, one average season is more than acceptable considering how much he has contributed to Bayern recently and at such a young age

Didn't they take that young Basle right sided player in Jan, name escapes me but is really good

That paid over 40m for Pastore last year, iirc.

That would be a great deal for us. Unless Madrid want to match it, or at least increase their offer, which I am a bit dubious about considering they already have a strong central midfield, Luka can either chase the Qatari Dollar in Paris or he can stay here and play in a team competing at the top end of the 'best league in the world'.

If he goes, we can it seems get Moutinho in, so no biggie. Only problem then will be I hope we don't haggle over the fee for too long and end up missing out all together. I understand the need to get as good a deal for ourselves as possible, because we need money to spend on other areas of the squad too, but getting a quality replacement for Modric will be so important, we simply cannot end up in a Berbatov/Keane/Frazier Campbell situation again, but I don't think Levy will let us after that episode.

I can see the Moutinho negotiations dragging on for a fair bit though. AVB apparently wants the majority of business wrapped up before the US tour, although maybe with Moutinho an exception can be made since he knows what AVB will want already. As long as he is here for the opening game of the season all should be good.

The post was saying we could go with two strikers, so where does VDV fit into that? imo he doesn't, neither does Sig.

No, the post said 'Problem with that is neither Sig or VDV really work in a 442'

4-4-2 - Rafa fits into that as a CF which drops off a main CF in the same way as someone like Dennis Bergkamp or Teddys Sheringham used to (in the second half of his career)

No, the post said 'Problem with that is neither Sig or VDV really work in a 442'

4-4-2 - Rafa fits into that as a CF which drops off a main CF in the same way as someone like Dennis Bergkamp or Teddys Sheringham used to (in the second half of his career)

Sigh.

I said what happens with Ade if we sign some new super striker.

Someone else said maybe we'll play both and go 442.

I Said where does that leave VDV and Sig.

Capicé?

Hmmmm, Jjetset has been the reliable ITK this window, he got AVB first, Sigurdsson first and called Vertonghen before everyone else. But, we've been in this game for too long to get too excited just yet. :)

Sigh.

I said what happens with Ade if we sign some new super striker.
Someone else said maybe we'll play both and go 442.

I Said where does that leave VDV and Sig.

Capicé?

No, you said to me 'The post was saying we could go with two strikers, so where does VDV fit into that? imo he doesn't, neither does Sig' which was wrong as the post said 'Problem with that is neither Sig or VDV really work in a 442'

Capicé?

Really cannot be bothered to argue with you

I was referring to Mumorm's post, not mine! Jesus, read the full conversation before quoting the final post and taking everything out of context! If I have a conversation with someone about us signing Ronaldo, then 5 posts later I say that Bale doesn't get into our team and you just quote that part then it would make no sense, which is exactly what you've done here.

No, you said to me 'The post was saying we could go with two strikers, so where does VDV fit into that? imo he doesn't, neither does Sig' which was wrong as the post said 'Problem with that is neither Sig or VDV really work in a 442'

Capicé?

Really cannot be bothered to argue with you

Rossi was replying to a post that said 'If we sign Ade and another striker they could both play in a 4-4-2.' He said that neither VDV or Sigurdsson could fit into such a system. He is right.

director ‏@thedirector10

been reading about what @jetsetyid has been saying and yes it is exciting times for spurs but this signing his talking about is not as...world class as his making out a very good signing but not as big as he is making out

all roads lead to Lewandowski

Apart from the fact he is Dortmund's only striker the Chairman has stated he will not be sold

Apart from the fact he is Dortmund's only striker the Chairman has stated he will not be sold

Will be very tough to get him, they have already sold Kagawa and let Barrios go I think. They won the league last season and although not loaded they are far from broke. From what I understand he only has 2 years left on his contract, so if he doesn't sign and insists on leaving then I could see us getting him for around what they sold Kagawa for. But I don't quite see why he would insist on leaving them for us at this point.

Would be a great fit for AVB though I think.

Back