• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And thats Hudd in a two man midfield, i can only imagine he would flourish in a 3 man midfield.

I stand my ground in stating that I believe that THudd could definitely be the Modric-type replacement in AVB's 3-man midfield (assuming he stays fit).

- excellent 2-footed passer. As good as Modric.
- solid defensively. Not Sandro by any means but, again, not a downgrade on Modric. He's taller and more physical too so better at helping defend set-pieces.
- He's young (25?) and PL proven
- Oh, and lastly... he's FREE!!!

If we were being linked to THudd, the majority of posters would be creaming themselves over their keyboards. It would cost us over 20 mil to buy him from another PL team, but instead people would rather have some fancy-named Johnny Foreigner who could barely find London on a map.

All just my opinion of course ;)

BackPage. ‏@BackPage
People are saying a 'secret key' player is close to signing a new contract at Arsenal. I thought it was known that it was Koscielny.

Where : SO
When : Just now (10.20 pm)

Roger Morgan responding to Dragon 1 on young striker said :

'I think Rondon of malaga is more realistic.

I stand my ground in stating that I believe that THudd could definitely be the Modric-type replacement in AVB's 3-man midfield (assuming he stays fit).

- solid defensively. Not Sandro by any means but, again, not a downgrade on Modric. He's taller and more physical too so better at helping defend set-pieces.

If we were being linked to THudd, the majority of posters would be creaming themselves over their keyboards. It would cost us over 20 mil to buy him from another PL team, but instead people would rather have some fancy-named Johnny Foreigner who could barely find London on a map.

You also need to remember THudd can score goals! He has a good shot on him, as we have seen!

Its been so long. What are the details of his injury? Speed isn't crucial in a crowded midfield but mobility is. And with more pressing, more intense too.

Samuel J C ‏@samuelj29060
Caen forward M'Baye Niang joins Spurs on trial. Highly-rated 17-year old spent last week at #AFC

Samuel J C ‏@samuelj29060
Caen forward M'Baye Niang joins Spurs on trial. Highly-rated 17-year old spent last week at #AFC

Baye watch: Emirates Marketing Project primed to sign French starlet Niang from Caen

The Champions look set to beat Arsenal and Tottenham for the 17-year-old's signature after Brian Marwood invited him to the club for talks

Emirates Marketing Project are ready to win the race for French sensation M’Baye Niang - and snatch him away from Arsenal and Tottenham.

City supremo Brian Marwood has personally approached Niang’s club Caen with a request for Niang to come for talks this week after the teenager spent a few days with the Gunners.

Attacking star Niang, who has made 30 appearances in the first team already, is set to decide on a move before the window shuts and has also had an invite to visit Tottenham.

However City’s direct move - and money - may yet win the chase for the £6million-rated prospect who wants to leave the French Second Division outfit.

Niang, a quick and tall striker, is in the French under-21 side years ahead of his age and rated the best player to emerge from his country in that role for some time.

Marwood is trying to improve the quality of the next generation of City players - with Roberto Mancini unhappy that there have not been many coming through.

City have spent heavily on teenagers who could emerge in time, but Niang is seen as a player who could even walk right into Mancini’s first-team squad.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfer-news-mbaye-1144079

Hudd has a good shot but he's only ever scored like 8 goals for us. Hardly prolific.

Who is Rondon? Never heard of him.

Spurs invite Niang on trial as teenage French striker awaits decision from Arsenal

Tottenham hope to pip Arsenal to the signing of French teenager M'Baye Niang, but also face competition from City.

The powerful centre-forward has spent on trial with the Gunners but now Spurs have invited the Caen man for a similar stint.

Progress in north London has in turn forced Roberto Mancini's hand as he looks to get in some of Europe's hottest talent.

Niang, 17, burst on to the scene less than 18 months ago, and scored three goals in seven games at the tail end of the season before last.

He also impressed last campaign despite his team's hopeless form which ultimately ended in relegation.

It is believed that an offer of £5million would be enough to encourage Caen to sell.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...senal-trialist-MBaye-Niang.html#ixzz20jWgU9N3

AFC_Wheeler ‏@WheeLer_AFC
Caen want £6m for Niang, Arsenal made no decision after last weeks trial and only willing to stump up £3m. Emirates Marketing Project also interested.

Would love Niang and Muller! Surely if the former wants to develop, he wouldn't go to a club where there will always be three or four superstars ahead of him. Still, wages talk...

Muller would plug that wing forward gap quite nicely; i think Arsenal would be more tempting for him though because of CL footie and a bit of familiarity with Podolski. We'll have to sell ourselves as having more potential while also offering a starting position (love Lennon but not so sure he can work in a 433).

Rondon i remember had a great scoring record 2 seasons ago as 20 yo; however he strikes me as a younger Defoe - a poacher rather than a more complete forward who gets involved in all aspects of the game. He gets about 18 passes per game for example. If Defoe goes this one may have legs if we want an out-and-out striker, but i'm not sure AVB does.

Bale - Adebayor - Muller would be nice. Really doubt we would get Muller though. Would think that many clubs would be after him if he became available.

Niang is so highly rated in France it's scary. It's like the pressure on him to succeed is massive. Such a shame we haven't moved into our new training facility yet, imagine going from Arsenal to a trial in that brand new place, he'd be ours!

Niang is so highly rated in France it's scary. It's like the pressure on him to succeed is massive. Such a shame we haven't moved into our new training facility yet, imagine going from Arsenal to a trial in that brand new place, he'd be ours!

Yeah, they reckon he'll be their main man for the next decade. Potentially better than Benzema.

Spurs Sauce ‏@SpursSauce
AVB wants his squad 99% complete for the USA tour so this week should be very busy!

Unless we plan on having a hundred players in our squad I see problems with this.

Adebayor should be in, the Modric out?new player in is possible this week, so i guess that just leaves the big name striker which will take a bit longer than this week imo

Back