• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not really the right time for us to spend £20m on a left winger though.

He isn't really a winger, not in the Bale/Lennon sense. Besides he can play anywhere across the midfield.

Infact he plays that Modric role quite well.

[video=youtube;7HCDMyC4tL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HCDMyC4tL0[/video]

Berba has scored 48 in 108 games (wikipedia) that is not a bad return. How many of those as subs too.

Its not a brainfart - he wasnt a bad buy for them im just not sure why SAF just didnt like him. I loved the ****.

I think it's all about the style...with Nani and Young, Fergie was looking at speedy breaks. Berba isn't about that really...wonderful player with us, and even though he won the title with Utd, I'd wager he'd agree the best football he ever played was with us. Sublime.

I think it's all about the style...with Nani and Young, Fergie was looking at speedy breaks. Berba isn't about that really...wonderful player with us, and even though he won the title with Utd, I'd wager he'd agree the best football he ever played was with us. Sublime.

I agree but SAF surely would have recognised that Berba wasnt the quickest (although he aint a slouch)

Strootman would be a great signing for us. Wouldnt be the worst signing if we got him to replace Modric.

What about Dembele?? can cover multiple positions, great dribbling ability and change of pace. Would work well in a dynamic 433

King, the hudd is brilliant at dictating play and his defensive game is underrated too. He was a big part of the season that got us fourth because unlike our defensive fulcrum right now he can switch the play effectively. Look at him in this video of us vs Madrid at home:

[video=youtube;Rorp0o2bwCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rorp0o2bwCE[/video]

And thats Hudd in a two man midfield, i can only imagine he would flourish in a 3 man midfield.

akqayid ‏@akqayid
June 27ish I posted about a 'BM player' on SC. Seems it could be back on. Muller Rice

I'm not even hating or anything but that's one of the worst compilation videos ever. The first 3 minutes was a total snorefest.
Its not really a compilation video, its a video of every time he touched the ball in the madrid game. This guy who does these videos does it for a lot of player and includes every single moment even losing possession etc. Against Madrid you cannot see the hudd lose possession even once and the way he effortlessly transitions our play from attack to midfield is something we have lacked. AVB puts a lot of emphasis on transitions of play in his tactical theorem.

Back