• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
#Internacional's vice-president Luciano Davi affirmed that they will do everything they can to keep L.Damião now, as couldn't sign Nilmar.

Spurs Sauce ‏@SpursSauce
AVB wants his squad 99% complete for the USA tour so this week should be very busy!

Unless we plan on having a hundred players in our squad I see problems with this.

Why? Seeing as we have sold 2 and bought 2 plus released a handful of players not to mention Modric off... We can get atleast 3 more players and our squad would be no bigger than it was 2 months ago

Muller had a poor season though, and now there's more and more players ahead of him at Bayern - along with ever-fiercer competition in the NT thanks to the rise of Reus, Kroos, Schurrle, Holtby, Herrmann etc. and his own iffy form. If he wants to keep his starting place for 2014, he has to leave.

I don't think he'll come to us, but I think he'll certainly consider moving clubs this summer.

Mate, not a chance in hell

Germany's starting right winger, on Bayern's wages, competing at the very top - simply no.

I don't disagree. Was sort of just saying that "if" it's a sneaker past our window and it happens, I'd be laughing!

I actually believe Löw's decision not to start Muller in the final cost them the match, and Bayern subbing him cost them the CL. He is THAT good.

Inter eye record Oscar deal
Brazilians say Chelsea close to matching demands
By Paulo Freitas. Last Updated: July 16, 2012 7:30am

Brazilian club Internacional insist that Oscar's potential move to Chelsea must be the biggest in the country's history.

Chelsea and Tottenham have both been strongly linked, but Brazilian sources put the European champions firmly in pole position for the 20-year-old midfielder.

And now Inter chief Giovanni Luigi has revealed that they want any deal for Oscar to smash the Brazilian record, and Chelsea are close to this.

"I want the transfer of Oscar to be the biggest transfer deal ever in Brazilian football," Luigi told Radio Gaucha.

"And the Chelsea offer isn't that far from that."

However, Luigi admitted that they would have no qualms about keeping Oscar - just as they did with Leandro Damiao.

"Last year Tottenham made two offers for Leandro Damiao. We kept him and he was very important," he continued.

"He is Internacional's top scorer in Libertadores and Brazil's national team number 9.

"Oscar's situation is similar. I'm part of an administration that has always been competent to replace those players that leave.

"If regarding Oscar we get offers that match our expectations, we'll negotiate.

"But they have to be of the value that mean significant resources for Internacional. But those values would be the biggest negotiation in Internacional's history."

Ganso

Luigi also confirmed that the club are aware of Ganso's link to the club - as the midfielder looks set to quit Santos.

And whilst confirming their interest, he admitted he does not think the deal will happen.

"When I talked to him, he told me that his relation with Santos' board has been bad for a while. Delcir Sonda's [whose company owns 50 per cent of the player] information is that he was unhappy.

"If Santos were willing to sell their part, there would be two options: selling him abroad or move him to Internacional.

"This is a possibility, but a very remote one. I don't believe in that possibility.

"Sonda is a die-hard Internacional fan and overexcited at times. So he ended up talking about that in an interview. But I can tell you that this possibility is very hard."

Muller had a poor season though, and now there's more and more players ahead of him at Bayern - along with ever-fiercer competition in the NT thanks to the rise of Reus, Kroos, Schurrle, Holtby, Herrmann etc. and his own iffy form. If he wants to keep his starting place for 2014, he has to leave.

I don't think he'll come to us, but I think he'll certainly consider moving clubs this summer.

Who exactly is ahead of him at Bayern Munich?

He starred 33 games last season and competed in 53 overall, btw

He is 22 years old - surely one average season can be tolerated before they decied to kick him out?

Who exactly is ahead of him at Bayern Munich?

He starred 33 games last season and competed in 53 overall, btw

He is 22 years old - surely one average season can be tolerated before they decied to kick him out?

Gomez, Robben, Ribery, and they just signed Manduzkic for a big fee. Sure they are building a squad, but he was mostly playing where Robben or Kroos plays (going by the Starting 11 section here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_FC_Bayern_Munich_season). I am not too sure about Kroos really, but he started more games in that role than Muller. Adding Mandzukic suggests either he is to rotate with Gomez or they start playing with 2 up front, meaning one of the 3 is displaced. I would guess Kroos.

Maybe form, injury, whatever.. http://www.football365.com/transfer-centre/7892499/Muller-considers-Bayern-exit here, with quotes hinting at first team football.

Niang is so highly rated in France it's scary. It's like the pressure on him to succeed is massive. Such a shame we haven't moved into our new training facility yet, imagine going from Arsenal to a trial in that brand new place, he'd be ours!

I'm sure we would show him the new facilities, probably show him detailed stadium plans too.

Kroos plays centrally most of the time. Mueller has been rotating generally with Robben over the last season or so.

He had an overly publicised on-field bust up with Boateng and most of these rumours originated form there, imv. Problem is - he set himself a mighty-high bar with 20 goals in his previous 2 seasons (each) and a great WC to match. Following that - Robben managed to string some games together injury free so the speculation began as soon as he didn't start two games in a row

Last edited:
Müller is Bayern's future and i dont see them selling him to anyone, as Arc said, one average season is more than acceptable considering how much he has contributed to Bayern recently and at such a young age

After AS in Spain reporting on Friday that Real Madrid's transfer for Luka Modric was almost complete, they are now saying the opposite. The report last week was rather embarrassingly based on a TV station saying a deal was almost done - the station had got that from not seeing Modric in the photos for the launch of the new Spurs kit.

Today AS and other Spanish press go back to the long held position that Real Madrid will not pay more than €30m for Luka Modric but will throw in Ricardo Carvalho to sweeten the deal. The 34 year old Portuguese defender was rumoured to be available on a free transfer earlier this summer so the inclusion of him in any deal isn't likely to swing it.

In reality there hasn't been any actual news on the transfer for a while and other than the regular fabricated 'Modric deal could be concluded within hours' stories, it's very quiet on his future. Manchester United have been linked with other players, PSG seem to have blown their transfer 'budget' and Chelsea haven't been closely linked with him this summer.

Options are running out and any interested parties will know this. Luka Modric, according to AS, faces returning to England this week and Spurs on Wednesday with his tail between his legs. The player had clearly assumed a deal would have been completed by now and the talk of setting Real Madrid a deadline, which started in Croatia, has had little impact on anybody.

It's claimed that Modric is desperate not to travel with Spurs to the USA in less than a week because he fears he could harm his prospects of joining Real Madrid. There's been debate as to whether there is genuine interest from the La Liga champions or whether the player himself has been attempting to engineer the move.

If there is interest, the repeated claim that the club won't pay more than €30m presents a worry for Daniel Levy. Transfer speculation harmed Modric's form last season and this summer it's been upped a notch, if Madrid won't go near the valuation then he can bet that Manchester United won't.

Luka Modric could present himself at Spurs this week with a whole wheelbarrow of issues.

Modric is going to stay here! Well he will if Real Madrid's maximum offer of €30m is to be believed. That bid is a joke!

i really dont see why Real would be that desperate for Modric to spend over 30 mill for him this summer

i still feel Man U are waiting ominously in the wings for a transfer deadline day blockbuster offer

I don't disagree. Was sort of just saying that "if" it's a sneaker past our window and it happens, I'd be laughing!

I actually believe Löw's decision not to start Muller in the final cost them the match, and Bayern subbing him cost them the CL. He is THAT good.

I agree with this! He was one of their better players in an uninspiring performance from BM. After he was subbed out BM lacked any sort of attacking threat. Low's decision to play podolski rather than muller cost Germany the match too imo. Podolski was having a crappy tournament and muller was having a decent one with his usual all action display both while attacking and defending..

Would be a massive signing if it happens.. but don't think he would leave BM with all his national team mates there and BM being his home club and all..

Back