• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Muller and Kroos have fallen out havent they? Im sure this is part of the reason why he is being linked with a move.

Also when Muller scored 5 in WC, wasnt he playing as a striker? (could be wrong, just remember him and ozil in behind for some reason, Gomez wasnt picked maybe?)

If we could get Muller it would be amazing! At the end of the day, if the money is right, CL football doesnt matter. Ask Emirates Marketing Project's project boys!

Adebayor should be in, the Modric out?new player in is possible this week, so i guess that just leaves the big name striker which will take a bit longer than this week imo

And Lloris ....

Why? Seeing as we have sold 2 and bought 2 plus released a handful of players not to mention Modric off... We can get atleast 3 more players and our squad would be no bigger than it was 2 months ago

The squad can only be 99% complete if you're just missing 1 from 100.

'I leave Tottenham now or I'll go for free in six months', warns Dos Santos

The out-of-favour Mexican attacker has told Tottenham that he will depart on a Bosman next season if they do not let him go during the current transfer window

Giovani dos Santos has urged Tottenham to allow him to leave the club in the summer transfer window, stressing that he is prepared to leave for free next summer if he is not granted an immediate exit.

The versatile attacker is continually being linked with a move away from Spurs, but the Premier League side are only willing to let go of the 23-year-old for the right price.

Nevertheless, they're running the risk of losing Dos Santos on a free transfer next year if they don't sell him this summer.

"I'm either leaving the club this summer, or I'll sign for another club for free in six months time," Dos Santos told Medio Tiempo.

"I am very calm [about my future]. I have a contract with Tottenham and I don't know what will happen. I might leave the club. I'm at a good team, but I want to play.

"However, it's not my decision as to whether Tottenham sell me or hold on to me."

Dos Santos moved to White Hart Lane from Barcelona in the summer of 2008, but has so far been unable to secure regular first team action.

If we are smashing our wage structure, plus the signing of a coach that continental players seem to rate highly, plus the new training ground, plus other ambitious signings, I reckon we might just be able to pull of a deal for Muller.

The Modric thing is interesting. He and his camp seem to have assumed clubs will be falling over themselves to sign him, desperately trying to pick up a world class player and offer him a starting place in their team. But his options do seem to have dwindled and I wonder if they actually considered this would be the case. It wouldn't be the first time they've miscalculated something - they fudged up thinking they could walk over Levy and they may have fudged up this summer.

Levy won't sell him to United or Chelsea, even if they wait until deadline day and try to force our hand. I think both of those clubs realise it would be pointless to try, and it doesn't seem like the type of signing United make anyway. PSG is an option, but maybe they've spent their budget and don't actually need him all that much...plus the French league isn't really going to be a step up from Spurs regardless of how much money they have gushing around. Madrid's position is probably that if they could get him for a reasonable price, because they can play on the fact he wants out of Spurs, they will probably try and find space for him in the squad. But really, there isn't a great need for him there. Certainly not enough for them to pay what Levy will demand. The only other option then is to look at the other sugar daddy clubs. City is the same situation as United and Chelsea, won't happen unless a ridiculous offer is made. Malaga isn't a step up from us. And will he really want to go to Anzhi?

Basically unless Madrid pay what Levy can reasonably demand, he would surely have to conclude as a rational human being that it is better staying at Spurs, and to properly commit to us and not pine for a move away. We are an ambitious club, we have a great new training ground, a new stadium on the way, we will break the wage structure for him, and give him a platform to play at the top of the Premier League under a coach that he seemed very willing to play for last year. More ambitious signings are coming in - there's no point in leaving.

Berbatov reveals frustration

United striker expected to leave Old Trafford this summer

Last Updated: July 16, 2012 7:06am

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has admitted his frustration and feels it may be time to 'say goodbye' to the Red Devils.

The Bulgarian forward expects to leave Old Trafford this summer despite the club taking up an additional one-year option on his contract back in March.

Berbatov, who joined from Tottenham in a £30.75million deal back in September 2008, has become an increasingly peripheral figure in the past season.

With Wayne Rooney the undisputed main striker for Sir Alex Ferguson, Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez have been preferred to Berbatov in the pecking order.

"I want to play, I want to help. But for unknown reasons it's not going to happen, or my chances will be limited, so it's better for everyone if we say goodbye."
Dimitar Berbatov Quotes of the week

And the 31-year-old has admitted he has held further discussions with Ferguson over his future, with the Red Devils looking to recoup £5million from his sale.

Berbatov, who scored nine goals in his 21 appearances last term, is unhappy to have read press reports that he is valued at double that amount.

Tired

Berbatov wrote on his Facebook page: "Because I am tired of speculation, I am telling you this. I read the papers and I see they say £10million is my price.

"I go and talk with Sir Alex, and he says to me £5million. So who is telling the truth, what do you think?

"And the truth is, I love this club, but I am not going to be useful to anyone, if I am not playing.

"And I want to play, I want to help. But for unknown reasons it's not going to happen, or my chances will be limited, so it's better for everyone if we say goodbye.

"If not, I am professional and I will keep doing everything I can, to help my team and my team-mates, whenever I have opportunity to do so."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7903228/Berbatov-reveals-frustration

5m is a steal!

Come home, son

Adebayor and Berbatov for a combined 10-11 mill.....i mean, what more could anyone want

I actually fear he might go to Arsenal - too good of a deal for Wenger to overlook .All the signs are there

problem is im sure Dantchev and Berba will be looking for at least a 3 year contract and im not sure Wenger will oblige.

Fulham might be sniffing around, and as long as Jol and Berba still have a decent relationship then it could be a goer. QPR, maybe West Spam too will pay big wages

The original JJetset‏@jetsetyid
I can officially get you lot excited now. World class excited! When this one comes to light you will understand#shameidontdoquestionsanymore

Considering Lloris has already been linked with us for weeks.. i assume he's getting excited over a new link.. if what he says is true at all..

Back