• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tomorrow we will find out about the investment in our club & will know how much crap the ITKs have been spouting.

Furthermore, as today is the 15th, I assume we won't be signing Lloris now as I thought the 15th was the cut off date.

Lloris returns from holiday tomorrow I think. The quote was that he wanted it sorted by then, but we know Levy and deadlines.

Ahh ok... so would you use VdV as one of the front 3 still? Would you prefer Dembele to VdV in that role? I think Moutinho would be much more beneficial to us, but I still think Dembele could be a fantastic acquisition for us too.

if we sign Dembele i'd play Parker/Sandro, Dembele OR VDV, and Sigurddson. I wouldn't trust a VDV and Dembele partnership regardless of the protection Parker/Sandro provide and yes i think i'd prefer Dembele to VDV in that cm role behind Sigurddson.

Personally i think between Dembele and Moutinho that Dembele is the more beneficial of the 2 for us. He can cover 3 positions excellently (the 2 cm spots and the RWF spot) and at a push can probably do a job playing as the striker (i'm talking about if we get hit with an injury crisis). Moutinho imo can only cover 1 position.

If we can't sign Moutinho or Sahin then Hudd is worth a shot I think.

I like Cabaye too. Moves the ball well, good shot and sound defensively.

Big fan of Dembele too but he is not close to the same level player as Modric. Worth a punt though if all else fails.

Huddlestone? oh nooooooo man just no.

If we can't sign Moutinho or Sahin then Hudd is worth a shot I think.

I like Cabaye too. Moves the ball well, good shot and sound defensively.

Big fan of Dembele too but he is not close to the same level player as Modric. Worth a punt though if all else fails.

I would like to see Cabaye too as he was fantastic for Saudi Sportswashing Machine last season. Whoever we buy to replace Modric will automatically ask for at least £5m more for their player simply because they know we will be buying armed with the Modric cash.

I don't think we can use Thudd to replace Modric. If nothing else, Thudd has only just returned from a long term injury do could be susceptible to further injury which would leave us very short. I think he should instead be a utility player who has the ability to fit in to any of the midfield berths when required, against teams lower in table, and in one of the attacking two central roles against top 6 teams.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine want Andy Carroll back on loan this season - and are willing to pay £17million for a permanent transfer.

Apparently the approach has already been turned down.

if we sign Dembele i'd play Parker/Sandro, Dembele OR VDV, and Sigurddson. I wouldn't trust a VDV and Dembele partnership regardless of the protection Parker/Sandro provide and yes i think i'd prefer Dembele to VDV in that cm role behind Sigurddson.

Personally i think between Dembele and Moutinho that Dembele is the more beneficial of the 2 for us. He can cover 3 positions excellently (the 2 cm spots and the RWF spot) and at a push can probably do a job playing as the striker (i'm talking about if we get hit with an injury crisis). Moutinho imo can only cover 1 position.

Hmm I can see your line of thinking. But for me Moutinho is a top quality established CM who can certainly help us quickly forget about Luka and just slot in. He was outstanding in the Euros and has been very good whenever I have seen him for Porto. I've little doubt he can hit the ground running, and allow us to then focus on strengthening more forward positions.

I'm happy that the versatility of Kaboul and Vertonghen gives extra strength at LB and RB. Moutinho, Sandro, Parker, Thudd would give us an outstanding pool of CM talent to choose from.
Sigurdsson, VdV, Lennon and Bale are dangerous forwards. 2 wingers and 2 good ACM's. I would be happy to add Dembele to this category with the flexibility of helping out in CM.

We are still desperately short of strikers. We need probably 2 assuming we will sell Defoe.

I would ideally like a fall back option for Lennon or Bale still. Hoilett and Moses were my preferred choices here.

So if we sign a good GK (not essential still in my mind), Moutinho, Moses, Dembele, Ade and say Leandro/Lewandowski/Good quality striker, we will be in a fantastic position come the start of the season

Saudi Sportswashing Machine want Andy Carroll back on loan this season - and are willing to pay £17million for a permanent transfer.

Apparently the approach has already been turned down.

I don't see how they can expected anything higher than that, tbh I doubt Saudi Sportswashing Machine have even offered that much.

Berbatov, who scored nine goals in his 21 appearances last term, is unhappy to have read press reports that he is valued at double that amount.

Berbatov wrote on his Facebook page: "Because I am tired of speculation, I am telling you this. I read the papers and I see they say £10million is my price.

"I go and talk with Sir Alex, and he says to me £5million. So who is telling the truth, what do you think?

"And the truth is, I love this club, but I am not going to be useful to anyone, if I am not playing.

"And I want to play, I want to help. But for unknown reasons it's not going to happen, or my chances will be limited, so it's better for everyone if we say goodbye.

"If not, I am professional and I will keep doing everything I can, to help my team and my team-mates, whenever I have opportunity to do so."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/7903239/Berbatov-keen-to-resolve-future

Berbatov at £30m has to be SAF's biggest brainfart. I remember thinking at the time that Ferguson was like a kid at the candy shop when it came to Berbasex and simply couldn't resist. But I suspect that deep down it didn't feel right. It was essentially an emotional and impulse purchase.

In many ways though it speaks well of Ferguson that he just thought Berbs was so Godamn sexy that he had to have him. Just to make his team even flashier in attack. Good for him. But I suspect he got that sinking feeling after about 3 games and a dozen training sessions that he'd made a major mistake.

If he played week in week out I believe he would've been immense at United. Made absolutely no sense to me to pay all that and then play Hernandez ahead of him. His record in the season after he left us was top drawer.

Berba has scored 48 in 108 games (wikipedia) that is not a bad return. How many of those as subs too.

Its not a brainfart - he wasnt a bad buy for them im just not sure why SAF just didnt like him. I loved the ****.

Berba is perfect against the teams that sit deep and leave no room as he can conjure up something on his own.

Football Juice ‏@Football_Juice
Ajax are negotiating with Tottenham over Danish star Christian Eriksen - but are Barcelona also interested? #THFC #FCB

Arnaldo Ferreira ‏@ArnaldoFLance
Liverpool agree a £27million fee to sign PSV duo Strootman & Mertens. Both flying to England tomorrow for medicals e discuss personal terms.

Replacing Modric with Dembele would be as bad as replacing Carrick with Zokora.

Moutinho is a whole different calibre to Dembele and the nearest there is to a Modric replacement.

I wouldn't though mind us picking up Dembele in a year's time if Hudd's ankle does sort itself out.

Back