• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So we're screwed if we don't get either Moutinho or Sahin then?

for me VDV can play that position easily.

VDV and Sigurdsson as out two central midfielders? Regardless of Sandro sitting deeper covering, that is likely to be a lightweight midfield. I'm one of Rafa's biggest admirers, but he hasn't got the ball retention abilities Modric does.

VDV and Sigurdsson as out two central midfielders? Regardless of Sandro sitting deeper covering, that is likely to be a lightweight midfield. I'm one of Rafa's biggest admirers, but he hasn't got the ball retention abilities Modric does.

He has good ball retention abilities, good passing, good awareness and good movement. Vdv replacing Modric does not make our midfield any less lightweight and sigurddson's defensive capabilities is highly underrated.

VDV can easily play that position providing it's in a midfield 3 and he has someone like Parker/Sandro there. As i said before, Sigurddson is very hard working and is very good at pressing. vdv has played that position excellently numerous times for Holland and i think he'd be a revelation there.

what is our record transfer...16 mill?? I cant see Levy doubling that figure in this window, and not on a midfielder

Imo the most Levy would want to spend on Modric's replacement in 20 mill

Possibly the single most important purchase, we can afford up to what we sell Modric for, but we will instead skimp?

Deep-positioned playmaker?

Not convinced persoanally

Yeh mate i'm convinced he can with 2 runners like Sigurddson and Parker/Sandro next to him. He's done it with Holland with a midfield of Sneijder and Van Bommel/De Jong which is far more attacking and less energetic than ours imo (Sigurddson is far superior defensively than Sneijder and Parker/Sandro is equal to De Jong but more energetic than mvb).

----------------------------Sandro/Parker----------------------------

---------------------------------------------VDV-----------------------

-------------------------Sigurddson------------------------------------

anyway i still hope we buy a Modric replacement obviously but wouldn't be at disappointed if we line up with those 3 come the start of the season.

Last edited:
Dembele for around 10 mill is still an outstanding option if Modric leaves...different type of player but big potential there

yes we will....we are still a properly run club with Levy at the helm

And, upon the sale of Modric, money in the bank

did Levy spend the 32 mill from berbatov on one player to replece him??

same with the 18 mill for Carrick???

You think perhaps he might have learnt a lesson there - skimping on Frazer Campbell and Zokora did us a whole world of good didnt it?

He has brought in a new manager, backed him in the market so far - if AVB says Moutinho is the man, and we have the money, then we damn well better get Moutinho. Skrimping at this point fudges the whole situation

and what happened in both those instances ?

we replaced them with cheap poor alternatives

I think Levy will have learnt his lesson from the Berba situation. Levy wont leave it late and he certainly wont NOT spend the money to get in a replacement.

I would be happy with spending 30m of the 35m-40m from the Modric sale on Moutinho. the using the 5-10m on another striker or a keeper.

Back