• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry, but I think this is a myth continously repeated in the hope of becoming a gospel

His last 'major' injury was in 2010 according to tranfermarkt

If you look up 'Kaka injury record' on Google, the first two or three pages are full of stories about Kaka missing some game or the other due to niggling injuries. Most of them are from 2011, some from 2010, some from 2012. So it's hardly a myth.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satell...cia/Noticia/Kaka_injury_update_2011-03-08.htm

That's in the top three results. It's not the big injuries that make you injury-prone, you know. It's the continuous, niggling little ones.

But, like I said, that doesn't necessarily negate his potential value to us, should the unlikely happen.

One thing I'm confused about.... Wasn't VdV in the EXACT same situation? Great player gone to a great club but suffers a loss of form? I don't think it is fair to comment on him for his Madrid days, as it wasn't fair to do to VdV. If he did come here, only time could tell! same with VdV

If you look up 'Kaka injury record' on Google, the first two or three pages are full of stories about Kaka missing some game or the other due to niggling injuries. Most of them are from 2011, some from 2010, some from 2012. So it's hardly a myth.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satell...cia/Noticia/Kaka_injury_update_2011-03-08.htm

That's in the top three results. It's not the big injuries that make you injury-prone, you know. It's the continuous, niggling little ones.

But, like I said, that doesn't necessarily negate his potential value to us, should the unlikely happen.

For me - an injury prone player is someone like Owen for example who just about chronically 'out' these days. Missing a few odd games a season can be tolerated / accommodated in the right setup, imv

For me - an injury prone player is someone like Owen for example who just about chronically 'out' these days. Missing a few odd games a season can be tolerated / accommodated in the right setup, imv

That would fit my definition of a 'crock', i.e near permanently injured. See O.Hargreaves and D.Anderton for further examples. ;)

Imo, an injury-prone player is one who is more susceptible to injuries than the rest, is all.

One thing I'm confused about.... Wasn't VdV in the EXACT same situation? Great player gone to a great club but suffers a loss of form? I don't think it is fair to comment on him for his Madrid days, as it wasn't fair to do to VdV. If he did come here, only time could tell! same with VdV

Plenty of decent players have rotted/not been given games at real. VDV for one, add Sneidjer etc. Heck they even owned Eto once.

Oh and that Spanish tax discussion. There was a law whereby new people coming to Spain only had to pay a really low rate of tax like 20% or something for the first 3 or 5 yes of being in the country.

That law only applied to foreign nationals though.

Kaka is exactly the kind of signing we won't be making.

And comparing signing him to signing vdV is way, way off the mark - Rafa was 27 when we bought him, he only cost £8m, in a position we needed strengthening in, and he'll still be worth £4m when he's 30, after we get 3 years out of him.

Kaka is 30 now, would cost twice or more what Rafa did, we have his position covered, and in 3 years he'll be worth nothing.

Totally different scenarios.

And comparing signing him to signing vdV is way, way off the mark - Rafa was 27 when we bought him, he only cost £8m, in a position we needed strengthening in, and he'll still be worth £4m when he's 30, after we get 3 years out of him.

Kaka is 30 now, would cost twice or more what Rafa did, we have his position covered, and in 3 years he'll be worth nothing.

Exactly, and he would most likely ask for massive wages compared to VdV, and I think VdV would be worth more than £4m a year from now.

I think VdV would be worth more than £4m a year from now.

Yeah, I'd say that VDV is worth a hell of a lot more than 4m right now (I'd say around 20m if you think of the transfer market as it is nowadays) I don't understand how any one could value him at any less than £15m even though he is almost 30 he still has at least 3 years at a very good level if not a great level. What does every rate him at then?

Duncan Castles https://twitter.com/duncancastles:

@MarcoHotSpurs According to a reliable Tottenham source, they are out of Moutinho pursuit and looking elsewhere. http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football

Who do people think we can and should go for if both Moutinho and Sahin are no goes?

Cabaye will probably cost almost as much as Moutinho. We would need someone who is both very good on the ball and quite creative, but also solid defensively and hard working. Not many of those players around.

Yeah, I'd say that VDV is worth a hell of a lot more than 4m right now (I'd say around 20m if you think of the transfer market as it is nowadays) I don't understand how any one could value him at any less than £15m even though he is almost 30 he still has at least 3 years at a very good level if not a great level. What does every rate him at then?

he's scored 29 goals in two seasons - a top player who should command a top fee

I would love Kaka; i'm usually against signing older players especially when Aitch was about. But he usually signed Journeymen such as Nelsen, Saha, Parker and Friedel. All top pro's but never really player at the highest level. Gallas is the only one of the oldies who's lived up to the experiences we had with Naybet and Davids. Signing Kaka would be in the same bracket as them, a lot of youngsters could learn a lot from him and he would really inspire us.

Duncan Castles https://twitter.com/duncancastles:

@MarcoHotSpurs According to a reliable Tottenham source, they are out of Moutinho pursuit and looking elsewhere. http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football

Who do people think we can and should go for if both Moutinho and Sahin are no goes?

Cabaye will probably cost almost as much as Moutinho. We would need someone who is both very good on the ball and quite creative, but also solid defensively and hard working. Not many of those players around.

When Marseille kept asking silly money (compared to our valuation) for Remy we just stopped talking to them. Inital plan might have been to come back at a later time when they'd be willing to lower their price as they need the money. It could just be tactics again that we've started to look elsewhere. We don't want get into a bidding war if someone else is interested and we need them to lower the price.

When Marseille kept asking silly money (compared to our valuation) for Remy we just stopped talking to them. Inital plan might have been to come back at a later time when they'd be willing to lower their price as they need the money. It could just be tactics again that we've started to look elsewhere. We don't want get into a bidding war if someone else is interested and we need them to lower the price.

I agree, but would we sell Modric without being at least close to a deal for someone like Moutinho? Sell Modric and then go into the market and try to get someone, sounds risky to me. How long can we possibly stall a Modric deal for?

We can stall another week, but then we'd have to take him to the US. Hmm, if we do that we could stall another couple of weeks I guess.

Liverpool FC News ‏@LiverpooIFCNews
Graham Beecroft to TalkSport: "If Liverpool can't sign Cristian Tello, then all focus will turn to Theo Walcott."

I know Le Arse is falling apart, sort of, but haha, why on earth would Wal**** want to go to Loserpool?

Back