• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its a shame ESPN are not showing Internacional v Santos tonight, instead showing an MLS game. [-X

Set your recorders to 11:15am or 8pm tomorrow though.

This is the whole Benzema story. It's nothing:

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK
Benzema is a ‪#Spurs‬ target, trying to link him into Modric deal. ‪#THFC‬ ‪#Football‬ ‪#Madrid‬
As I said earlier Benzema is a ‪#Spurs‬ target, trying to get it part of the Modric deal. Personally I don't think it'll happen. ‪#THFC‬

Ian Abrahams ‏@Moose_talkSPORT
Spurs fans the "major" signing I mentioned yesterday I now believe will be Karim Benzema from Real Madrid watch this space

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK
@Moose_talkSPORT Do you just copy EVERYTHING I post?? ‪#Benzema‬ ‪#THFC‬ ‪#Fraud‬
@Moose_talkSPORT Still waiting for your answer?

I have just discovered the ITK motto:

"If something is not happening for you, it does not mean that it is never going to happen, it just means that you are not ready for it!?"

If there is legs to this 'Modric for cash+Kaka' Couldn't Kaka do the job, Modric does for us? to think VdV didn't get a game there yet he has thrived here! Maybe the same could be said for Kaka if that does happen? Would this also mean we wouldn't have to buy another playmaker... meaning we'll have a bit of cash spent on other areas? If this does happen, i think we'd all say it is a pretty good deal! Wouldn't you?

No way could Kaka play the Modric role. Anyway, we couldn't afford his wages and I doubt he'd want to come here.

Tbh, I see where you lot are coming from and i don't think any of us can determine anything for the team till we know things for sure. Anything is possible for us, even the unlikely can come true! It's just about waiting and seeing where we go!

footie news & gossip ‏@caughtoffside
COS: Real Madrid to Complete £35m Player Plus Cash Deal to Sign Tottenham Star Luka Modric Within 48 Hours

BackPage. ‏@BackPage
Arsenal are to make a move for Barcelona winger Ibrahim Afellay. The Catalan giants want around £8mil for the Dutchman

It's almost as embarassing as the new Kaka to Spurs which is included in the Modric to Madrid deal and Spurs fans saying they dont want him :ross:

Makes me fudging cringe.

A 30 year old injury plagued player that's never played in the Premier League who we would have to crush our wage budget to get? He even plays in a position where we have two good players already in VdV and Sigurdsson. Why not get Ronaldinho while we're at it?

I would rather we spent that Kaka money on someone like Oscar who would be with the club for a long time and who could improve here.

I just feel the kaka that went to Madrid 3 seasons ago is a shadow of the Kaka we have today. He may still be a big player but I would not go for him

A 30 year old injury plagued player that's never played in the Premier League who we would have to crush our wage budget to get? He even plays in a position where we have two good players already in VdV and Sigurdsson. Why not get Ronaldinho while we're at it?

I would rather we spent that Kaka money on someone like Oscar who would be with the club for a long time and who could improve here.

=D> This!

I just feel the kaka that went to Madrid 3 seasons ago is a shadow of the Kaka we have today. He may still be a big player but I would not go for him

I think Kaka is the victim of inactivity, therefore lose of form.

Given a long run of games he would get his mojo back.

Kaka would make his own transfer fee/wages back in shirt sales alone, I feel. He's still a massive name.

He's injury-prone, yes. But imagine him on the right of a front three. Won't have to deal with the physical side of the game as much (much like Modric being moved out onto the flanks by Redknapp early on), and would be able to display the skills everyone knows he's got without the hassle that would go with fitting into the center in a Premier League midfield. Plus, he'll have much less pressure on him than he currently has at Madrid, so he may be able to perform much better away from the medi spotlight at arguably the world's biggest club.

For a reasonable fee (Him + 25 million for Modric, perhaps) it would certainly be something to consider.

Liverpool FC News ‏@LiverpooIFCNews
Graham Beecroft to TalkSport: "If Liverpool can't sign Cristian Tello, then all focus will turn to Theo Walcott."

Back