• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No link because it was on the radio. But I notice you ignore the point I made on the basis that you are right and me wrong.

To be honest mate i don't think you heard anything like that (much less from 3 Spanish journalists). "Financially they are good"? nope no way do i think you heard that because that's the equivalent of a journalist...no 3 journalists going on national tv/radio and claiming Emirates Marketing Project are not rich or that barcelona do not play attractive football. I don't think a journalist will shame himself like that.

EDIT: Just seen your edit and as i thought it wasn't a spanish journalist and they didn't say financially good? yeh so it's 1 guy of the guardian podcast that said they'll sell him at a profit which has made you assume they;re in a good state financially.

Last edited:
To be honest mate i don't think you heard anything like that (much less from 3 Spanish journalists). "Financially they are good"? nope no way do i think you heard that because that's the equivalent of a journalist...no 3 journalists going on national tv/radio and claiming Emirates Marketing Project are not rich or that barcelona do not play attractive football. I don't think a journalist will shame himself like that.

The discussion was not about Madrid's debt and it was about how much Falco would go for. The point was made that they are in a position wherby they do not have to sell and if they do sell it would be at a profit on the money they paid a year ago. If you do not belive that then i do not give a fuk. Personally I knew nothing about their financial position because it was not discussed. If you do not believe me fine no prob, because I really do not care whether Falco moves or not because I know he will not be coming to Spurs.

Now for the final time I ask you - on the basis that you are right Madrid signed him for about 40 million when they were in severe debt. If they are still in debt why would they sell him for less than they paid for him considering over the past year he has improved his value be scoring 36 goals last season?

If anything, the Benzema deal would only be a loan to us I'd imagine, but it won't happen. More chance of Callejon being included in the deal

By the way Kingdawson saying someone is in a position whereby they do not have to sell (which is exactly what was said whether you believe me or not) does not mean they are not in debt, just ask Real and Madrid yet they do not go around selling their best players if it is not in their interest.

Matspur17 RE: AVB training

Quote:

First bit of ITK not very exciting but avb definitely isn't messing around. My friend plays a bit of tennis with David Bentley, at times. He said for their preseason they do two footy sessions 9-12am and 5-8pm and fitness 1.30-3pm. With Harry they only trained 9-12am even for preseason! (might explain how unfit we looked at beginning of season). He does have Banter though! Everyone has been given a fresh start a few guys you thought would leave might stay now. Luka however is not one of those.

9:00am to 8:00pm. That's treble session not even double!!

Over the years I've seen some idiotic posts on this forum and probably made a fair few myself, but this post blows the vast majority of them away with regards to complete stupidity. Unbelievable.

To be fair to Harry, he did say that if he could pass a night club like a football, he'd be world class. I think, once again, the club failed the player for a while there. We probably needed to culturally integrate him into our set-up more, integrate him into the club more and make sure that he had a more comfortable transitional environment. Otherwise he becomes a very wealthy young man with little guidance and a lot of freedom (potentially a nightmare)...I think there's a good chance AVB could get him to change his attitude, but that would be more about cultural similarities and understanding (Latin-Portugese) and because of the set-up, a more "international" attitude. I always felt he was very talented but absolutely understood why Harry gave up on him...here's to AVB finding the jewel in the rough there...

The discussion was not about Madrid's debt and it was about how much Falco would go for. The point was made that they are in a position wherby they do not have to sell and if they do sell it would be at a profit on the money they paid a year ago. If you do not belive that then i do not give a fuk. Personally I knew nothing about their financial position because it was not discussed. If you do not believe me fine no prob, because I really do not care whether Falco moves or not because I know he will not be coming to Spurs.

Now for the final time I ask you - on the basis that you are right Madrid signed him for about 40 million when they were in severe debt. If they are still in debt why would they sell him for less than they paid for him considering over the past year he has improved his value be scoring 36 goals last season?

Naija wtf are you talking about?

"No he wouldn't. As i've said before Atletico are in the bricker financially. I'd be very surprised if both Falcao and Lopez will be there next season"

that was my response to GB saying he'd cost over £50m.

"Actually I think you have that wrong. I have heard 3 different Spanish journalist say the exact opposite. Financially they are good, they really do not have to sell and if they do it will be for more than they paid for him"

That's your response. Now excuse me if i'm wrong but you're questioning me saying that they're in the bricker financially and responding to that by saying that the 3 journalists were saying they're financially good. You then state that they will sell for more then they paid which is irrelevant being that i was questioning the £50m fee (i could have been talking about £45m which is still more than what they paid). Nah your intentions at the beginning was clearly to question their financial status so don't get in a huff and state it was nothing to do with Atletico's financial status afterwards.

For what it's worth i'm pretty sure they'll let him go for what they paid (or even less then that). Your question really is weird though as maybe the severity of their debt has worsened? they signed him with the Aguero money which has now fudged them up even more imo. They've let Dominguez go who they stated for months was their rising star and future captain, i wouldn't be surprised if they leaked the Lopez talks to Marca so their fans can have us to blame for his departure should he eventually leave and not blame the board.

i think moutinho would actually be more value for our team than modric actually...ina different way. modders has rare skill for a CM play maker with the ball at his feet...but now that it looks like he is leaving i can pretty muh say that those extra talents arent 'necessary'....i ave liked moutinho for quite some time and never understood why he wasnt the first person out of Portugal....actually the fact that he stayed there made me think that there was something i was missing from not watching Portuguese footy.

but if he comes i will be ecstatic

Very fair comment there mate...I have loved watching Luka for the last few years, and genuinely think he is one of the finest players I have ever seen in a Spurs shirt (right up there with Hoddle, Ardiles, Gascoigne, Ginola, Berbatov) and wish he wanted to be part of the AVB world. But I am absolutely ready to see him go to Madrid now, and with what AVB looks to be building/doing, I agree that Moutinho might suit the system he intends to play better than Luka. It's not even about who's better or not (different types really, both great, I probably like Luka more as a player there again I think he's an incredible midfielder who, if he added 7-10 goals a season to his game would be one of the world's best) it's about suitability with AVB. Good post mate.

That's your response. Now excuse me if i'm wrong but you're questioning me saying that they're in the bricker financially and responding to that by saying that the 3 journalists were saying they're financially good. You then state that they will sell for more then they paid which is irrelevant being that i was questioning the £50m fee (i could have been talking about £45m which is still more than what they paid). Nah your intentions at the beginning was clearly to question their financial status so don't get in a huff and state it was nothing to do with Atletico's financial status afterwards.

The quote as far as I can remember was “ they are in a position whereby they do not have to sell” - by the way the guy on the Guardian podcast was Side Lowe and he is their expert on Spanish football. Now that was more or less what I heard. I am not an expert on Spanish football finances, I assumed that meant they did not have financial problems. For the record I actually think the conclusion I drew from the comment was a reasonable one as it was not a discussion about Madrid’s debt. There is no huff, just me stating what I heard and you indicating you do not believe me. For the record I am not an A, Madrid fan and am not bothered one way or another if they sell at a loss or at a profit. I just passed on something I heard on the radio. It was not suppose to start a big argument dude.

I cannot actually claim to know a lot about Moutinho. He was on of those players I had heard a lot about but had not seen much of him prior to the Euro championships during which he really impressed me, but I have a rule about judging a player just on tournaments. I figure if AVB wants him we should go with it, at least we know it will definitely be an AVB signing an dhe will get the glory of the grief depending on whether it is a good signing or not

Back