• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please buy a replacement for Lennon, He offers no goal threat and His decision making is terribe.
Buy Remy or Adrian to play on the right of the front 3 with Ade central and Bale on the left.

Middle 2 of Sandro and Moutinho and allow Sigurdsson freedom and Sell VDV and buy a striker from the sale funds.

Jokes

If those journalist are wrong and you are right I would suggest that is more the reason why he will not go cheap. According to you Madrid were in serious debt when they signed him. If you are right then it makes no sense to sell him for even cheaper a year later after he has proven he can score goals in an even better league

Again i'll ask what journalists are you referring too? and can you provide links?

"according to you" lol no not according to me. According to the fact that they were in serious debt.

40 million euros.

Atlético Madrid have bought the Colombia striker Radamel Falcao from Porto, in a Portuguese record transfer deal worth €40m (£34.7m). The Portuguese club said in a statement to the Lisbon stock exchange that the price tag could rise to €47m, depending on unspecified factors.

£ and € are virtually the same now the way we've devalued our currency and Germany has refused to with theirs.

Ian Abrahams ‏@Moose_talkSPORT
Spurs fans the "major" signing I mentioned yesterday I now believe will be Karim Benzema from Real Madrid watch this space

So this is the Benzema who is the number 1 forward for the biggest club in the world?

More chance of us signing Higuain (i.e. 1,000,000/1, whereas Benzema would be 2,000,000/1).

Falcao has the choice of any CL club in the world, including AC Milan who happen to have a massive chunk of wonga right now and a need for a striker.

Why exactly would a non-CL club whose record signing is 16.5m pay a minimum 40million plus 20m over a four year-contract in wages for a player with little resale value, considering his age? Our strategy has always been to buy potential, not world-class players at the top of their game - we want the Falcaos of the world before they become the Falcaos of the world.

It's possible we could buy him for a one year and sell him right after to get our money back, in a bid to get CL next season, but that's an extremely risky strategy if he doesn't hit the ground running - not to mention one that wouldn't go down well with the fans.

It's also well-documented that Adebayor is coming. Why would we pay so much money for a striker who plays in the same position, when Adebayor's wages are so high? Why would we not prioritize a wide forward instead?

Of course, we could've suddenly come into oil money, but that would be rather strange considering how much we've been haggling with Emirates Marketing Project and getting them to pay Ade's wages.

'I want to achieve this challenge': Drogba says Shanghai move isn't to do with money

So you would still have gone if they offered you half of what you're getting? Thought not.

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK
@Moose_talkSPORT Do you just copy EVERYTHING I post?? #Benzema #THFC #Fraud

Transfer_ITK ‏@Transfer_ITK1
Can confirm we HAVE enquired about Falcao and have been quoted 40 million euros, no more at this stage

Matspur17 RE: AVB training

Quote:

First bit of ITK not very exciting but avb definitely isn't messing around. My friend plays a bit of tennis with David Bentley, at times. He said for their preseason they do two footy sessions 9-12am and 5-8pm and fitness 1.30-3pm. With Harry they only trained 9-12am even for preseason! (might explain how unfit we looked at beginning of season). He does have Banter though! Everyone has been given a fresh start a few guys you thought would leave might stay now. Luka however is not one of those.

^^ Did we really look unfit? Last season I thought the first two games were down to Modric disrupting our team spirit, like with Berba (not to mention we were playing the two best teams in the league) - right after that we went on a great unbeaten run, at least partly due to a relatively stable XI with few injuries.

Our fitness issues started turning up later thanks to the lack of rotation.

I think it's noteworthy that apparently we're doing more ballwork now - so the training isn't focused just on getting back in top shape. Two sessions sounds like it might be tiring if it were Ramos's fitness guru but really it's because we're actually getting coached now (ye gods [-o<), so we now have more training to get in more tactics sessions and practice with the ball.

Again i'll ask what journalists are you referring too? and can you provide links?

"according to you" lol no not according to me. According to the fact that they were in serious debt.

No link because it was on the radio. But I notice you ignore the point I made on the basis that you are right and me wrong. For the record they did not discuss debt but just said they do not need to sell, and if they did it would only be a profit. One of the journalist was the correspondent on the guardian podcast, come to think of it he is English not Spanish (although it was on the radio)

Last edited:
Can we stop with the stupidly unrealistic players? He's first choice for Real Madrid, a team much bigger than Spurs. He earns a fortune, he'd cost a fortune, Madrid don't want to sell, he wouldn't want to come here even if he wasn't getting a game for Madrid. We have as much chance of signing Ronaldo.

Back