• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We'll have another one of these ITK threads next year, and it'll be the exact same flimflam as this year....What we should learn for next time around:

1. The "Regular ITK's" are not in the know. Those same names we see every day claiming to know stuff - absolutely not one of them has ever been right on anything, except by accident or the law of large numbers. They don't know anything because by claiming they know about everything, they are saying they have a source high at the club in a position to know about ALL transfer activity. Since nobody in a position of authority at a professional sports organisation would blab like that, we can dismiss these qunts out of hand.
2. The "Occasional ITK's" - people like journalists or hangers-on at agencies or around the fringes of the club or players, brothers of players etc. - might have occasional info, but that would be once or twice during a window at an absolute maximum. This type of ITK would not have knowledge about more than one specific piece of news relating to, say, their brother or client. In other words, stuff they have direct knowledge of - they wouldn't have a clue about Russian and Ecuadorian wunderkinds or Pep fudging Guardiola. Just about their guy, and that's it. These ITK's are rare, but low-level enough that they might post info a couple of times.
3. The "One-off ITK" is the most likely source of real info because they would have direct, specific knowledge about one particular news story. A real ITK wouldn't know about 8 different signings happening...he'd know about ONE that's related to whoever his source is. These guys are even rarer again and I wouldn't expect to hear more than once from them....as in, they blab once, get panicked and leave it there. THAT is a sign of authenticity.

You all have my permission and blessing to print out this post and stick it to the wall beside your computer and box of Kleenex.

That's very good.

ITKs are my guilty pleasure. They're like a methadone fix for the summer.

Why were you googling 'asshat'? :-s
Also what the devil are you saying man! I don't know if its you or me but, I just can't make any sense of it. :-k

I think Rock Strongo's remarks translate to:

Otherwise the bar is ours
The day and the night
And the car wash, too
The matches and the Bud
And the clean and dirty cars
The sun and the moon!
But all I wanna do is have some fun...

And at this point, he's not the only one

I had a one-off ITK, heard Harry was gone before the Euros, but it was more of a mutual consent.

Got ripped to pieces.

Turns out I wasn't (or my sources) far off! Levy makes you choose mutual consent!

Does that make me ITK??

I had a one-off ITK, heard Harry was gone before the Euros, but it was more of a mutual consent.

Got ripped to pieces.

Turns out I wasn't (or my sources) far off! Levy makes you choose mutual consent!

Does that make me ITK??

i remember you, your contact knew one of the Smith brother agents didnt he??

aye well done=D>

i remember you, your contact knew one of the Smith brother agents didnt he??

aye well done=D>

I didn't get anything from a Smith brother. I'd got wind from a journo friend of mine (works in politics though), but that was more that Harry was going to offer his resignation from what I remember. Even so, (if you'd consider this a correct ITK - just! I'd still reconsider anything I hear again, seeing as it got shredded last time!

I'd prefer to keep face, rather than be considered a rumour fluffy bunnies cuddling.

Got ripped to pieces.

Does that make me ITK??

I had exactly the same itk from a lawyer whose wife knew another lawyer who was supposedly involved in drafting the terms for mutual consent I posted it in this thread but apparently that got ripped apart by the itks on sc too. Seems like a split by mutual consent, as opposed to a sacking must have been on the cards at some point!

I didn't get anything from a Smith brother. I'd got wind from a journo friend of mine (works in politics though), but that was more that Harry was going to offer his resignation from what I remember. Even so, (if you'd consider this a correct ITK - just! I'd still reconsider anything I hear again, seeing as it got shredded last time!

I'd prefer to keep face, rather than be considered a rumour fluffy bunnies cuddling.

ah, then that was someone else then

and dont worry about being considered a rumour fluffy bunnies cuddling, this is the interweb after all, its not like real life is it8-[

I really hope we don't sign anyone this week. That is most definitely not the Spurs Way. The Spurs Way is to wait until the last 10 minutes before the final deadline, before trying to sign a lucky cast off from Barcelona/Real/Inter etc. only to find the fax machine has run out of paper.

To sign someone this week, would smack of planning and professionalism, of foresight and sensible management. That is just is not on. So I say NO to signings before 31 August (possibly allowable in the week running up to that at a push). And YES to wild ITK flimflam speculation, and spurious sightings of star footballers, who would no more sign for us than they would give up their hair gel. I need TP for my bunghole.

This ITK business is freaking hilarious. How can people still believe anything that comes from these "ITK's"?!?

Has anyone ever been right about something?

They know fudge ALL. It's ALL LIES!

More twitter rumours that AVB will be announced tomorrow.

Been the same thing RT fr the last 2 weeks aint it??

Tomorrow never seems to come, and I bet your ass when it does, there will be some
'ITK' claiming they knew.. Sheeeez

Who: david
When: 2nd July
Where: FTL

Arabs done a very positive naming rights deal being the latest. We shall see.

When asked for more he replied with...

Just that it well exceeded expectations and we were expecting well in excess of 100m. The stadium project was always a goer for next summer but the announcement should come soonish

This ITK business is freaking hilarious. How can people still believe anything that comes from these "ITK's"?!?

Nobody really knows anything. People close to the club might "hear" things but I know for example that I know fudge all about what the company I work for are going to do or what their long term or short term strategy really is. It's all inner circle board level stuff. I get told what I need to know to do my job and keep my morale reasonably high.

It's clear that the players or coaching staff don't get told about appointments or comings or goings and it's clear people like Hoddle and Roberts don't know much about what's going on either - the only people that do will be the board, including the chairman, director of football and the senior management team.

fudge me even redknapp didn't know everything about transfer dealings, remember all his "I think the chairman might have done a deal but we'll have to see " quotes?

The idea that anyone other than the club's inner circle knows anything in-depth about our transfer activity strategy etc is laughable

Andre?

Andre?

is that you??

Bring back the stone age. It's gotten out of hand. Especially since teletext

im hoping that the club announce AVB tomorrow morning, on the website, get all the uncertainty out of the way, and then maybe have a press conference on Thursday or Friday

Let's face it.. Nothing will happen tomorrow.. Or the next day.. Let's all meet back in this thread on on 31stAugust about 11:55

Back