• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im hoping that the club announce AVB tomorrow morning, on the website, get all the uncertainty out of the way, and then maybe have a press conference on Thursday or Friday

Agree. My day at work today was completely unproductive. Would rather not have too many more days like it

Who: david
When: 2nd July
Where: FTL

Arabs done a very positive naming rights deal being the latest. We shall see.

When asked for more he replied with...

Just that it well exceeded expectations and we were expecting well in excess of 100m. The stadium project was always a goer for next summer but the announcement should come soonish

Hmm if true then I'm guessing we were hoping for 125 - 150m say over 10 years and we perhaps got between 150-200m.

Assuming other quotes figures are true then thats pretty much the 400m raised made up of:

80-90 already spent and accounted for in club accounts buying up all the required land
5-15m on planning permission and design already spent
80m coming from Sainsburys (this figure sounds ridiculous to me but I've seen it in several places)
175m from naming rights to be in the middle.

Thats about 350m there already and I guess money would also come in from the flats as well.

Hmm if true then I'm guessing we were hoping for 125 - 150m say over 10 years and we perhaps got between 150-200m.

Assuming other quotes figures are true then thats pretty much the 400m raised made up of:

80-90 already spent and accounted for in club accounts buying up all the required land
5-15m on planning permission and design already spent
80m coming from Sainsburys (this figure sounds ridiculous to me but I've seen it in several places)
175m from naming rights to be in the middle.

Thats about 350m there already and I guess money would also come in from the flats as well.

based on this logic does that mean we won't be relying on any bank loans ?

that would be an incredible piece of work from Levy and would mean we would see the financial benefits from the moment we move in ?

edit: better move this to the stadium thread ;)

Nobody really knows anything. People close to the club might "hear" things but I know for example that I know fudge all about what the company I work for are going to do or what their long term or short term strategy really is. It's all inner circle board level stuff. I get told what I need to know to do my job and keep my morale reasonably high.

It's clear that the players or coaching staff don't get told about appointments or comings or goings and it's clear people like Hoddle and Roberts don't know much about what's going on either - the only people that do will be the board, including the chairman, director of football and the senior management team.

fudge me even redknapp didn't know everything about transfer dealings, remember all his "I think the chairman might have done a deal but we'll have to see " quotes?

The idea that anyone other than the club's inner circle knows anything in-depth about our transfer activity strategy etc is laughable

For good reason, in fairness the guy would have been on sky etc within minutes telling all who'll listen every detail.

JJetset says new manager tomorrow, oh yah and the mods over there have told him he can't post anymore for some reason.

Good. How many times do we wanna get excited about player x and try to make it reflect our position as a club and our future prospects? Who honestly had this qunt as a serious target in May? fudge him

Good. How many times do we wanna get excited about player x and try to make it reflect our position as a club and our future prospects? Who honestly had this qunt as a serious target in May? fudge him

Agreed. I bet less than 1% of Spurs fans would have had him in their top 5 preferred (& realistic) signings a couple months ago but now we cant live without him. If the other rumours are right then we've moved on to Oscar - cant believe we would be signing two attacking midfielders when we need to spend money on CFs and a CB

Lol!!! From the fighting ****:

Those who know me know well know that I used to post under a different name. I aven't posted any info in a whill as been to busy. The mods can verify my sauces.

Anyhow, I spoke to my sauce today, who was at the golf course with one of the directors. They said that the reason Redknapp had to go was that he did not know what the legacy of the club could become. AVB , on the other hand, is very much aware of what the club expects. Levy has made nightly phone calls from America to Jose Mourinho, who will sekritly be running the show and feeding guidance to AVB. Levy does not want this to get out to the press as it's all part of a five year plan to see Jose as manager of Spurs once we are regular title contenders.

Anyhow, AVB will sign his contract in the coming days. I am not sure which day but I am told it'll be July the 1st. It is likely to be a five year contract, although maybe a 3 year one with an opschion to extend it to 4 years if he makes CL in the first year, or maybe the second year.

Verts and Sig are DONE DEALS I am told. The hold up is becuz neither player likes the hotel rooms booked for them. Levy is said to be very upset about this as he wants to make a statement, and quick. There is no hold up because of the release dates of teh shirt. They can wear training gear to be unveiled.

Anyhow, I am also told that there will be a MAJOR marquee signing that nobody has yet menschioned. We have the money for it and hope to get it done. All my sauce would allow me to say is that Spurs fans will be very, very happy.

There are exciting times for Spurs fans. Levy really is making it happen.

Those who know me know well know that I used to post under a different name. I aven't posted any info in a whill as been to busy. The mods can verify my sauces.

Anyhow, I spoke to my sauce today, who was at the golf course with one of the directors. They said that the reason Redknapp had to go was that he did not know what the legacy of the club could become. AVB , on the other hand, is very much aware of what the club expects. Levy has made nightly phone calls from America to Jose Mourinho, who will sekritly be running the show and feeding guidance to AVB. Levy does not want this to get out to the press as it's all part of a five year plan to see Jose as manager of Spurs once we are regular title contenders.

Anyhow, AVB will sign his contract in the coming days. I am not sure which day but I am told it'll be July the 1st. It is likely to be a five year contract, although maybe a 3 year one with an opschion to extend it to 4 years if he makes CL in the first year, or maybe the second year.

Verts and Sig are DONE DEALS I am told. The hold up is becuz neither player likes the hotel rooms booked for them. Levy is said to be very upset about this as he wants to make a statement, and quick. There is no hold up because of the release dates of teh shirt. They can wear training gear to be unveiled.

Anyhow, I am also told that there will be a MAJOR marquee signing that nobody has yet menschioned. We have the money for it and hope to get it done. All my sauce would allow me to say is that Spurs fans will be very, very happy.

I smell a rat, possible post to get the ITKs all crowing the same only for this poster to say they made it all up.

I'm too cynical. :|

You attention seeking twunt

Are people on here so blind? The fighting **** is obviously a tinkle take. You have to be incredibly naive/gullible/stupid not to see that!

Anyways, today's been hilarious. Pretty much every single in the know said its all kicking of today, and what happened? Nothing. And they've all gone stone cold silent.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...063/Andre-Villas-Boas-is-up-for-an-Oscar.html

AVB is up for an Oscar

ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS wants to launch his Spurs reign by signing Brazilian boy wonder Oscar.

But they are reluctant to meet the £20million asking price for the attacking midfielder, who is seen as a replacement for Luka Modric.

Oscar, 20, is one of the game’s most exciting young talents having scored a hat-trick in last year’s FIFA Under-20 World Cup final against Portugal.

He almost signed for QPR in January but his application for a UK work permit was rejected.

Now Spurs are looking to hijack the deal and are confident Oscar — capped six times at senior level for Brazil — will get the green light to move to the Premier League.

But Spurs must agree a fee with his Brazilian club Internacional, who have rejected one bid and are holding out for £20m.

Oscar cost them just £4.85m from Brazilian rivals Sao Paolo last year but Internacional are ready to dig their heels.

The player first came to Villas-Boas’ attention when he was still in charge of Chelsea last season.

AVB will be part of a four-man transfer-committee when he is confirmed as Harry Redknapp’s successor.

The £30m-rated Modric is set to leave White Hart Lane for Real Madrid.

Are people on here so blind? The fighting **** is obviously a tinkle take. You have to be incredibly naive/gullible/stupid not to see that!

Anyways, today's been hilarious. Pretty much every single in the know said its all kicking of today, and what happened? Nothing. And they've all gone stone cold silent.

For clarity. I know it's satire!!!

Back