• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
According to Gazzetta della Sport in Italy:

Juventus have seen €10 million bid for Van Persie rejected. IMO just posturing for their fans before they sign someone lesser.

Diego Forlan is leaving Inter. They're apparently cancelling the remaining year of his contract.

Chelsea are after Maicon.

Brazilian defender Dodo is having a medical with Roma.

Have they sent the taxi?

yes, but they play A LOT of Football Manager - anyone worth their salt knows Defour can win you titles on FM

Haha, yeah, that's it! The ITK guys have a simulation game with FM going, putting in all the right variables, Harry getting sacked mid-June, scores of the Euros, etc etc, and then they're just monitoring what's happening in the game. That's it, that's how they do it, and that's why they're always wrong.

Hmm...when have Madrid not been able to afford someone. They print their own money.

Should have mentioned the source is Guillem Balague.

Although he was correct in saying Spurs spoke to Rafa Benitez. But then pretty sure that was common knowledge.

So, apparently, Madrid and Spurs and Luka have all agreed the deal (which is no surprise and pretty much 'known') but now the deal is in danger because Madrid can't afford the whole valuation in £ so offered Sahin as part of deal who refuses to move.

Really? I don't quite believe that last part.

If we're getting this Defour chap and Gylfi then not sure we would need Sahin

on friday, from straight next to the horses mouth, 100% true information. Same source has gone told and is not saying anything now..

take it as you will, I found it worrying on saturday when Gylfi was still here, that meant no pen to paper yet, leaviing every club on earth a day or two to outbid our offer. His father said that everything will be revealed today, we´ll see....

I have no reason not to believe you, but don't say stuff like 'take it as you will', or else hell will be unleashed round these parts!

shaky Spanish economy?!
Sahin has said he doesnt want to move, he likes it at Madrid.
Weird one - if i was at Real, it would be very hard to move, its amazing.
But then if im not playing - is being a bit part player enough?
Or, of course, he could be deluded enough to think he will be a superstar at Real next year despite the fact they are looking to strengthen in his position and he has already struggled to make an impact.
Sounds like the kind of attitude we could do with steering clear of tbh - but then that is based on a fair few assumptions

He's only been there one year and suffered with injury. Mourinho really likes him as well.

Should have mentioned the source is Guillem Balague.

Although he was correct in saying Spurs spoke to Rafa Benitez. But then pretty sure that was common knowledge.

Ballbag is a credible source over on RAWK. Everyone else in the world thinks he's full of crap.

I have no reason not to believe you, but don't say stuff like 'take it as you will', or else hell will be unleashed round these parts!

reason why I said that, is that although I am being honest, I can see why people will doubt anything

up to this, I have leaked everything that I´ve heard from people close to the player, day is not over, hopefully this will turn out right..

Nothing will be unveiled today. If there was going to be a press conference then we would surely know about it by now.

Modric is nailed on leaving. Got to be. Right age, prime time in contract to earn max amount of money off him. Levy will sell because he wants to.

Fee is probably going to be £30-£35M + the usual add ons. At a guess.

Nothing will be unveiled today. If there was going to be a press conference then we would surely know about it by now.

Do we always announce signings via a press conference? I thought we just announced them on the website and then arranged a press conference/media session etc the following day

reason why I said that, is that although I am being honest, I can see why people will doubt anything

up to this, I have leaked everything that I´ve heard from people close to the player, day is not over, hopefully this will turn out right..

All good mate, I'm not judging. Just know there's certain key ITK phrases that open up the can of whoop-ass on GG!

Very good call actually, the media is usually alerted quite far in advance, even if it is same-day announcements.

Hmm...when have Madrid not been able to afford someone. They print their own money.

Don't Madrid have some kind of special relations with the major Spanish banks who just loan them money for transfers never expecting them to repay, in return Madrid supporters are encouraged to bank with these institutions.

With the current state of the Spanish economy I could believe that Madrid are struggling to raise the cash.

on friday, from straight next to the horses mouth, 100% true information. Same source has gone told and is not saying anything now..

take it as you will, I found it worrying on saturday when Gylfi was still here, that meant no pen to paper yet, leaviing every club on earth a day or two to outbid our offer. His father said that everything will be revealed today, we´ll see....

Just stop with the fudging flimflam, you are as bad as Icelander.

If Gylfi's dad says he just wants to play in the best team possible and be paid as much as others on the team, why Liverpool? They clearly won't be better than us, especially with investment from GHod knows where it is coming from. It will really annoy me if he doesn't choose us, even if he does seem like a bit of a luxury player. I personally feel he will be more than that, as he will fit more into a 4-3-3 that Rafa will, and can get goals coming from deep. Rafa usually starts higher anyway,

Just stop with the fudging flimflam, you are as bad as Icelander.

There is no need for this at all. Ganter isnt playing ITK games, he is a regular and decent GG poster - who happens to hear talk from where he comes from.

Iceland is very much a "small place" when it comes to everybody knowing everybody else - he has only stated what is being said at home and its been entirely consistent with the press reports as well.

If anything it seems to me Gylfi (or his agent - dad?) is playing the age old "lets start a bidding war" routine for a player. Hence conflicting stories.

Back