• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've never been interested in Sigurdsson. Nothing to see here move along. At least the dippers will get a warm tingle that they've beaten us to him.

Yeah, someone said there was going to be a press conference yesterday at 3.30 as well, nothing much happened. Gylfi isn't that much of a loss if we don't get him, we can do better.

fighting C*ck reporting: Gylfi, vertonghen and steven defour, plus AVB at Press conf 2pm.

New name (to me at least!)!> Quick wikis search says that he's a 24 year old midfielder playing for Porto, was player of the year in belgium in 2008, previously linked with ManUre. Describes him as a playmaker...doesnt really get goals though, about 1 in 10 record which in Belgium, 2 in 27 games for Porto and only 1 in 34 internationals though. 34 caps for a 24 year old is a lot.

According to Gazzetta della Sport in Italy:

Juventus have seen €10 million bid for Van Persie rejected. IMO just posturing for their fans before they sign someone lesser.

Diego Forlan is leaving Inter. They're apparently cancelling the remaining year of his contract.

Chelsea are after Maicon.

Brazilian defender Dodo is having a medical with Roma.

Yeah, someone said there was going to be a press conference yesterday at 3.30 as well, nothing much happened. Gylfi isn't that much of a loss if we don't get him, we can do better.

Agree, he's a 'nice to have' rather than essential, though there's been a lot of love for him on here since we were linked with him

So, apparently, Madrid and Spurs and Luka have all agreed the deal (which is no surprise and pretty much 'known') but now the deal is in danger because Madrid can't afford the whole valuation in £ so offered Sahin as part of deal who refuses to move.

Really? I don't quite believe that last part.

So, apparently, Madrid and Spurs and Luka have all agreed the deal (which is no surprise and pretty much 'known') but now the deal is in danger because Madrid can't afford the whole valuation in £ so offered Sahin as part of deal who refuses to move.

shaky Spanish economy?!
Sahin has said he doesnt want to move, he likes it at Madrid.
Weird one - if i was at Real, it would be very hard to move, its amazing.
But then if im not playing - is being a bit part player enough?
Or, of course, he could be deluded enough to think he will be a superstar at Real next year despite the fact they are looking to strengthen in his position and he has already struggled to make an impact.
Sounds like the kind of attitude we could do with steering clear of tbh - but then that is based on a fair few assumptions

Hmm...when have Madrid not been able to afford someone. They print their own money.

You're just getting this from press reports right? i mean you never had inside info did you?

on friday, from straight next to the horses mouth, 100% true information. Same source has gone told and is not saying anything now..

take it as you will, I found it worrying on saturday when Gylfi was still here, that meant no pen to paper yet, leaviing every club on earth a day or two to outbid our offer. His father said that everything will be revealed today, we´ll see....

Back