• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You've got yourself a deal mate.

Deadline is midnight, Monday July 2, because if Levy is anything like us Icelanders, he won't even bother turning on his phone on Sunday much less announce a new signing!

*Imaginary high-five to seal it.....
It's been a while since I've chipped in with a donation - so I'm backing Team Wriggly for $5!!

Edmonton on COYS just replied to the Ryan_THFC laundry list with simply "stadium dates are wrong"

Edmonton, from what I understand, is (or has previously been) genuinely itk about the stadium.

To be honest, Ryan_THFC's info rang even less true than most itk posts.

Interesting that Edmonton only said that the dates were wrong, though.

Edmonton, from what I understand, is (or has previously been) genuinely itk about the stadium.

Not really, I read it more as a sly dig.

the latest rumour throwing message boards into chaos....

Apologies if posted, but Tango97 on COYS regarding Leandro:

Take or leave this. I know it to be true.

Leandro was met at Heathrow this morning and taken to a meeting at The Four Seasons Hotel in Canary Wharf. I don't know who he met but it lasted over an hour. They then went to a law firm in the city.

100% happened.

Tango97 at about 9:45 pm on COYS:

Just a quick clarification.

It was not "an airport sighting". It is a cast iron encounter.

As I said earlier, not sure who the club was that they met, it is a fair assumption that it was us as we are known to use hotels in Canary Wharf.

And the plot thickens:

Leandro Damiao @LeandroDamiaoo

Boa noite galera :)
(good night guys)

11:45 PM - 27 Jun 12 via Twitter for iPhone ? Details

Which in Brazil would be 7.45 PM

He's also changed his profile pic. His previous one was of him in his Internacional strip, now it's him in a suit.

Intriguing!!!!!!

:p

Tango97 at about 9:45 pm on COYS:

Just a quick clarification.

It was not "an airport sighting". It is a cast iron encounter.

As I said earlier, not sure who the club was that they met, it is a fair assumption that it was us as we are known to use hotels in Canary Wharf.

And the plot thickens:

Leandro Damiao @LeandroDamiaoo

Boa noite galera :)
(good night guys)

11:45 PM - 27 Jun 12 via Twitter for iPhone ? Details

Which in Brazil would be 7.45 PM

meh he posted the same message at the same time last week. Was in the london then too?

found this to be much more informative than all the attacking highlights for our defender of interest

[video=youtube;JsG6hA9chos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsG6hA9chos[/video]

How fudging typical - qunting Spurs bad luck

Vertonghen's Spurs move stalls

Belgian resigned to Ajax stay

Last Updated: June 27, 2012 2:47pm

The 25-year-old Belgian international had seemed set to complete a ?9.6m move to White Hart Lane but is now thought to be returning to Amsterdam for pre-season training with Ajax.

Vertonghen spoke of his frustration with the situation on Tuesday and admits he does not know how the situation will play out.

He told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad: "As it looks now, I'll be at Ajax on July 2. I'm hoping for a solution, but I'm not expecting a solution. This is a shame. I thought that it would be sorted out much sooner.

"I have one advantage: Ajax have got a good coach who knows me. I play in a good, stable squad. Let's become champions with Ajax for the third time in a row."

With the Dutch giants reportedly refusing to accept a clause in Vertonghen's contract entitling him to 15 per cent of the transfer fee, he added: "I'm shocked. The percentage is correct. It's unbelievable.

"I know that at Ajax a lot of things are leaking. When you hear it about other football players, you don't feel it. It's different when it's about yourself."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7844706/Vertonghen-s-Spurs-move-stalls

He does seem to have a insight into the stadium situation.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Chelsea are closing in on Fiorentina striker Stevan Jovetic, 22, after being told they can have him for ?25m.

Full story: Daily Star
Former Manchester United striker Michael Owen

Al-Shabab insist they don't want Michael Owen

Napoli have told Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea to forget about signing Uruguay striker Edinson Cavani, 25.

Full story: the Sun

United Arab Emirates club Al-Shabab say they have no interest in signing striker Michael Owen following his release by Manchester United - claiming he is "on the downhill". Full story: Daily Mirror

Tottenham could ease the pain of losing Luka Modric to Real Madrid by signing Turkey midfielder Nuri Sahin, 23, in part exchange.

Full story: Daily Mail

Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen's hopes of a ?9.5m move to Tottenham are fading because of a clause in his contract entitling him to 15% of the transfer fee.

Full story: the Sun

Borussia Dortmund's Lukasz Piszczek is top of Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo's shopping list for a new right-back.
Kuban Krasnodar striker Lacina Traore

Lacina Troare is a reported taregt for Liverpool

Full story: Metro

Liverpool are ready to make a move to sign Ivorian striker Lacina Traore, 22, from Russian club Kuban Krasnodar.

Full story: footylatest.com

Sunderland want to offload Ahmed Elmohamady and George McCartney to West Ham by the end of the month.

Full story: Sunderland Echo
EURO 2012

Football's law-makers will approve goal-line technology next week after officials failed to give a Ukraine goal against England.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Wayne Rooney flew to Los Angeles for a break to get away from the disappointment of England's Euro 2012 exit.

Full story: Daily Mail
OTHER GOSSIP

Rangers will begin pre-season training with only three players, with a host of contract rebels advised not to accept their wages if they choose to leave.
Lokomotiv Moscow and Croatia defender Vedran Corluka

Vedran Corluka has joined Lokomotiv Moscow

Full story: the Guardian

Roman Pavlyuchenko has told Lokomotiv Moscow they have captured Tottenham's best defender by signing Vedran Corluka. Full story: Daily Mail

Olivier Giroud is just the man to end Arsenal's seven-year wait for a trophy, says the club's former midfielder Stewart Robson.

Full story: talkSPORT
AND FINALLY...

Birmingham City were left red-faced after news of Lee Clark's appointment as manager was leaked on the internet - by his children.

Full story: Birmingham Evening Mail

Vertonghen is close to completion according to De Boer. Haven't seen any mentions of his quotes in here? Will post his quotes if anyone wants?

Such a shame, I was hoping for a season with a consistent CB pairing of vert and kaboul. Moving on from the constant injury merry go round of king and gallas

What about the quotes from Vert himself further up saying he's pretty much resigned to staying at Ajax for another season?

Some are saying these quotes are old and just an excuse to stir up a story? Not sure but im pretty confident he'll sign. Ajax Arent stupid enough to call his bluff and lose him on a free next yr surely? Thats 12m for sake of 1.8m... They wouldnt do that

Back