• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agency? I think that flatters some of them tbh!! :) one man and his dog working out if his car and a mobile phone more likely!!

There's one man out there that makes all ITKs look like the second coming of Jesus.

harryhotspur™ ‏@theboyhotspur
@ClaudineKeane1 Have you & Bob ever considered doing a suicide pact type thing?

Get me RVP ASAP!: Meddling Mancini's like a dog in a butchers' doorway

There's a row brewing at the champions because the club's bean-counters want to move current players on before launching Van Persie bid

Roberto Mancini is demanding that Robin van Persie is made Emirates Marketing Project's top transfer priority - even though it could put him on collision course with his bosses.

City are adamant they must sell before they can buy and want to offload a string of strikers, with Emmanuel Adebayor, Carlos Tevez, Roque Santa Cruz and Edin Dzeko all available.

But title-winning manager Mancini wants Van Persie and is straining at the leash to launch a full-on assault for the Arsenal striker.

The 29-year-old, who will have further talks with the Gunners before their pre-season begins, has been offered a new three-year deal worth ?130,000-a-week plus a ?5m signing-on fee.

But Van Persie has so far stalled and has told Arsenal he is fed up with not winning trophies at the Emirates.

That has left the Londoners fearing they may have to sell this summer for ?30m, even after strengthening their squad with big deals for fellow forwards Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski to try to prove their ambition to skipper Van Persie.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/roberto-mancini-demands-robin-van-942827

I don't know, the ITK people must surely know something, it seems to me that at least some of them calls some of our targets way before the journalists get a sniff of who we're trying to buy. I think most of the signings we've done over the last few years have at least been mentioned by some ITKs before it's been announced on the official website. So they must get some valid information every once in a while, but they're brick on details, and well, the cryptics, what a bunch of gonad*s, have no idea why they keep on doing that brick, it's like cold reading.

The Mirror seems to be the worst of the newspapers for publishing endless flimflam everyday although, thankfully, I remain largely ignorant what the Express and Star write.

The Express is actually decent for sport. Very comprehensive although I haven't read it for years due to the frankly hysterical coverage of Europe and other pet issues. It's aimed at the over 60's

Moutinho looks good. I hope Villas Boas signs him. He has had some great games for Portugal so i am a bit worried top clubs will be after him.

They'll probably want more money for him aswell.

Moutinho looks good. I hope Villas Boas signs him. He has had some great games for Portugal so i am a bit worried top clubs will be after him.

They'll probably want more money for him aswell.

Any club worth its salt would have been perfectly well aware of Moutinho's qualities long before the Euros. He's been around long enough now, so I doubt that his price (which will be high) has changed greatly.

Kraft not interested in buying soccer club

June, 27, 2012

4:29PM ET

By Field Yates | ESPNBoston.com

Patriots owner Robert Kraft explains in a recent piece on CNN.com that he has no interest in investing in a soccer club in the English Premier League, citing the lack of a salary cap and business sense involved with such a transaction.

Kraft states that he had an opportunity to purchase the popular Liverpool club in the past, and also that he has the resources to purchase a club presently, but would not do so. A group led by current Red Sox owner John Henry became the eventual owner of Liverpool.

Kraft references league champion Emirates Marketing Project, which incurred losses of $300 million over the previous financial year. Rather than taking such a massive hit, Kraft would prefer to donate that sum to charity.

Since purchasing the Patriots in 1994, Kraft has continued to grow the franchise and it now ranks amongst the most valuable in all of football.

Kraft not interested in buying soccer club

June, 27, 2012

4:29PM ET

By Field Yates | ESPNBoston.com

Patriots owner Robert Kraft explains in a recent piece on CNN.com that he has no interest in investing in a soccer club in the English Premier League, citing the lack of a salary cap and business sense involved with such a transaction.

Kraft states that he had an opportunity to purchase the popular Liverpool club in the past, and also that he has the resources to purchase a club presently, but would not do so. A group led by current Red Sox owner John Henry became the eventual owner of Liverpool.

Kraft references league champion Emirates Marketing Project, which incurred losses of $300 million over the previous financial year. Rather than taking such a massive hit, Kraft would prefer to donate that sum to charity.

Since purchasing the Patriots in 1994, Kraft has continued to grow the franchise and it now ranks amongst the most valuable in all of football.
I respect that. Not every billionaire wants to buy a sports team for a toy and lose hundreds of millions.

If you are right I'll donate one whole pound to GG. If he doesnt sign at the weekend, you donate one pound.

You've got yourself a deal mate.

Deadline is midnight, Monday July 2, because if Levy is anything like us Icelanders, he won't even bother turning on his phone on Sunday much less announce a new signing!

*Imaginary high-five to seal it.....

I don't know, the ITK people must surely know something, it seems to me that at least some of them calls some of our targets way before the journalists get a sniff of who we're trying to buy. I think most of the signings we've done over the last few years have at least been mentioned by some ITKs before it's been announced on the official website. So they must get some valid information every once in a while, but they're brick on details, and well, the cryptics, what a bunch of gonad*s, have no idea why they keep on doing that brick, it's like cold reading.

The fact that someone gets something right throughout an entire window doesn't mean anything else than that every single player that is even likely to be bought is being linked at some point.

As for official site vs other sources: That happens for almost every single deal we do and has nothing to do with ITKs.

LUKA MODRIC plans to submit a written transfer at Tottenham in the next seven days to trigger a ?30million-plus tug-of-war between Manchester United and Real Madrid.

The Croatian midfielder had refused to put in a formal request after being told by Spurs he would be held until his contract runs out in 2016.

Now Tottenham are looking for up to ?40m for Modric, 26, who is on holiday after Croatia’s exit from Euro 2012.

United are keen on an all-cash deal while Madrid prefer a cash-plus-players arrangement.

Modric’s agent has held discreet talks with Madrid and says a proposition will be made to Tottenham in the next few days.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4398686/Luka-Modric-sparks-30m-bidding-war-by-vowing-to-quit-Spurs.html

That's how it's done these days, just like RVP's agent already has agreed a contract with City, but they're waiting for the official bid.

carpediem991 said: ↑
Some news from Croatian Source: Modric deal seems to be done soon. Modric already agreed terms of madrid. Bit sad for him because his Croatian Agents will get about 1/5 of his salary. Criminal.

But still no fees agreed. Tottenham want 45m€, demand 35m€+ Sahin, but Madrid won't do that. Lass Diarra is close to a Moskva move, could be a possibility though to be in that deal, but unlikely. So Madrid has to improve their financial bid, that is most likely point of now.

All I heard....

Akqayid said:

Ok, sorry for the infrequent posting and not coming back earlier. so a gym session and couple of protein shakes later with my man I haven't really got anymore in all honesty than what I have previously posted.

He is positive that certain investments have been discussed as there seems to have been a 'step change' at the top and the tops thinking.

In all honesty that's tossy agent/marketing talk, I know, I use it! But it was the way he said it and hat we spoke about after, it ended up with him reminding me of my words about five years saying you can shove your billions up your arse. Or words to that effect. There's the fact that it could just happen as were not listed anymore, and also it may not happen and all we'd know is leaks later on long after the process has past. But there IS something there.

He also said that Southampton are after two of our players, and there's some kid there (can't remember name, but about 14/15) who is in the bale mould, who we've looked at last season in youth games.

Back