• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Such a shame, I was hoping for a season with a consistent CB pairing of vert and kaboul. Moving on from the constant injury merry go round of king and gallas

the combo of those two would worry me alot. i dont think kaboul has much positional sense and i find he can be the guy that chases the ball too much. and vert is unproven in this league.

i would rather gallas or king and one other

United Arab Emirates club Al-Shabab say they have no interest in signing striker Michael Owen following his release by Manchester United - claiming he is "on
the downhill". Full story: Daily Mirror

They may be right, but how utterly distasteful that a jumped-up bunch of gonad*s of a "football club" can talk with such casual disrespect about a top class international sportsman, even one in decline. Al-Shabab?? Who the fudge are you? What fudging league do you play in? Qunts. fudge off.

As for Vert, it'll get done. Tranquilo.

What about the quotes from Vert himself further up saying he's pretty much resigned to staying at Ajax for another season?

Pretty sure they're old quotes from last week, I remember reading something similar last week anyway. No way Ajax will let him go for nothing next season.

Ajax either pay him what he believes he's entitled to, or get diddly squat for him next season.

No brainer, he will be a Spurs player soon.

just stole this from The Fighting C*ck.....im not sure why Real would let go of a player like this. I still see them offering Granero instead, and i wouldnt be unhappy

http://bundesligafanatic.com/top-25-bun ... -201011-1/

From a purely tactical perspective, Sahin was the brains of the operation and organized Dortmund’s game in the truest sense of a midfield general. . . Sahin’s football instincts and natural talent helped him dictate games reminiscent of the great Xavi and spearheaded his team’s championship winning campaign. . .

Almost everything went through Sahin on the pitch. He was the primary link between defense and attack and it was Sahin that would be most responsible for Dortmund’s build up play. Before his injury at the end of the season no player saw the ball more than Sahin (2625 touches) and therefore it was more or less up to Sahin to decide how the play would be built and whether the best course of action would be to play the ball forward and initiate attacks or maintain possession and play it laterally or back. That is where the Xavi comparisons come in because Sahin single handedly dictated the tempo of play.

One element of his game that in particular stood out were his vertical passes whose deftness and accuracy resembled that of the Spanish maestro. His ability to find a player over long distances made Dortmund’s attacks much more quick and efficient. Sahin was therefore indirectly responsible for many of Dortmund’s goals, completing 71% of his 1779 passes. And despite playing deep in midfield he still managed a striking 6 goals and 8 assists in the league . . .

just stole this from The Fighting C*ck.....im not sure why Real would let go of a player like this. I still see them offering Granero instead, and i wouldnt be unhappy

http://bundesligafanatic.com/top-25-bun ... -201011-1/

From a purely tactical perspective, Sahin was the brains of the operation and organized Dortmund’s game in the truest sense of a midfield general. . . Sahin’s football instincts and natural talent helped him dictate games reminiscent of the great Xavi and spearheaded his team’s championship winning campaign. . .

Almost everything went through Sahin on the pitch. He was the primary link between defense and attack and it was Sahin that would be most responsible for Dortmund’s build up play. Before his injury at the end of the season no player saw the ball more than Sahin (2625 touches) and therefore it was more or less up to Sahin to decide how the play would be built and whether the best course of action would be to play the ball forward and initiate attacks or maintain possession and play it laterally or back. That is where the Xavi comparisons come in because Sahin single handedly dictated the tempo of play.

One element of his game that in particular stood out were his vertical passes whose deftness and accuracy resembled that of the Spanish maestro. His ability to find a player over long distances made Dortmund’s attacks much more quick and efficient. Sahin was therefore indirectly responsible for many of Dortmund’s goals, completing 71% of his 1779 passes. And despite playing deep in midfield he still managed a striking 6 goals and 8 assists in the league . . .

Can't see Sahin coming here. The player himself says he doesn't want to move as being at Real is "like a dream". Despite the fact he spends most of his time dreaming on the bench... He's a wasted talent at Real! Needs 1st team football and we need a player like Sahin to replace Modric. But Doubt it'll happen. Levy will go for cash deal I think

just thinking out loud, but what about a season loan then, or something like that?

ok Real, we'll accept your relatively low 35m bid, but we'll take Sahin on loan, the player then knows he can go back to Madrid if he so desire's, we get decent (not good) value for Modric and an almost like for like replacement for a year. I reckon Sahin would love it here if he's playing well and we're doing well.

These swap deals very rarely happen, so starting it off as a loan to see if both parties like each other maybe a decent solution?

just thinking out loud, but what about a season loan then, or something like that?

ok Real, we'll accept your relatively low 35m bid, but we'll take Sahin on loan, the player then knows he can go back to Madrid if he so desire's, we get decent (not good) value for Modric and an almost like for like replacement for a year. I reckon Sahin would love it here if he's playing well and we're doing well.

These swap deals very rarely happen, so starting it off as a loan to see if both parties like each other maybe a decent solution?

makes a lot of sense and 'try before you buy' might suit Spurs too

makes a lot of sense and 'try before you buy' might suit Spurs too

Only if there is some structure in place (agreed price) for us for the end of year ....otherwise we have the Frazier Campbell situation where we have a player for a season and he just goes leaving us with nothing.

If Sahin isn't getting agmes at the moment then RM would be happy to loan him to us for a year, us pick up his wages , him to get playing time and then go back to RM a better player. Win for RM, win for the player, draw at best for us.

Why doesn't he move to Spurs and sue Ajax? If it's in his contract then what's to discuss?

Presumably as he has a year left on that contract he can't leave until Ajax agree to letting him go - which they won't until this is sorted. Otherwise he is in breach, no?

Only if there is some structure in place (agreed price) for us for the end of year ....otherwise we have the Frazier Campbell situation where we have a player for a season and he just goes leaving us with nothing.

If Sahin isn't getting agmes at the moment then RM would be happy to loan him to us for a year, us pick up his wages , him to get playing time and then go back to RM a better player. Win for RM, win for the player, draw at best for us.

Yea we'd have to have some sort of option to buy at the end of it. At the very least it gives us an extra year to find a replacement.

Back