• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're missing the point aren't you? Makes a change. Let me spell it out. SPURS HAVE A DEAL WITH A CANARY WHARF HOTEL AND THAT IS WHAT WE UTILISE FOR ALL OUR LONDON HOTEL REQUIREMENTS. fudge me, is it really that difficult to grasp? It's not even a secret :lol:

So all meetings take place there do they? We pay players £5 million a season yet have a special deal with a hotel (fine) that we must use exclusively?? It makes zero sense to use a hotel in Canary Wharf if this was true, which it isn't anyway. You are talking about a potential saving over a couple of hundred quid!

So all meetings take place there do they? We pay players ?5 million a season yet have a special deal with a hotel (fine) that we must use exclusively?? It makes zero sense to use a hotel in Canary Wharf if this was true, which it isn't anyway. You are talking about a potential saving over a couple of hundred quid!

Er, yes it is. Spurs used to stay there for every home match. They stopped doing it under Redknapp, but no doubt it will happen again under the new manager.

And you clearly don't know the area as well as you boast. To get to the A10 from the Wharf is easy. Transport links are generally superb there full stop. It's easier to drive to and from the Wharf than the centre of London and you're more likely to be left alone there.

You can choose to believe it or not, but it IS true and is common knowledge.

And what is the driving time from Heathrow to canary wharf during the day? Couple of hours?

A lot less than that. I can get from Bournemouth to Bermondsey (having travelled past Canary Wharf via the Blackwall Tunnel) in under 2 hours and that's coming off of the M3 junction (which is 20 minutes tops from Heathrow).

Akqayid:

So that I can clear everything up an clear my inbox out, thought it good to just say it all.

- Bale was the beginning as I said yesterday
- Expect to have AvB paraded before the world in the next 48 hours (I'm hearing as soon as tomorrow)
- Vert, Sig to confirm signing either same day or 24 hours later
- I'm finding out about investor/partner this evening. Ill see if the Qatuar links are correct. Or Kuwaits or even just a lottery winner fancing a punt (the last bit is a joke)
- Ade to be confirmed soon (Bale was a big part of this)
- Mourinto number one target
- Trying to find out about Leandro sighting - think its a very tenuous link about airports!!

Other stuff
There are rumblings that Bentley has offers Fulham one, two in Spain and two in US. Jenas maybe back to villa, but other options for him, Southampton is one, possible French loan.
JD - don't think is going anywhere.

I'm just outlining this as in all possibility come 2nd July it's a whole new world.

Ryan_THFC on FTL has said (via COYS, via SC)

"Some ITK news for you from a VERY reliable source: ∙
Vertonghen WILL be a Spurs player come July 1st∙
Sig WILL be a Spurs player come July 1st∙
Loic Remy WILL be a spurs player come July 10th (delays in agreeing terms)∙
Modric WILL be sold to Real Madrid (?30m + Sahin) by July 9th∙
AVB WILL be Spurs manager on July 1st∙
we WILL be signing with our MAJOR sponsor/investor for naming rights on July 15th∙
Stadium work WILL be commencing July 27th after the signing of the final contracts.∙
2 x more MAJOR signings WILL be made before July 18th"

we WILL be signing with our MAJOR sponsor/investor for naming rights on July 15th∙
Stadium work WILL be commencing July 27th after the signing of the final contracts.∙

July 19th the guy looks like a prick because he chats brick.

Don't know if this is th right thread but when we go to America will levy come with us? Another words is it two weeks where potential transfers dealings stop?

Don't know if this is th right thread but when we go to America will levy come with us? Another words is it two weeks where potential transfers dealings stop?

Levy's mostly been in America for the last few weeks. If rumours are to be believed it doesn't sound like we've been idle.

so much lolz in that

Bale was never leaving. And a pay rise is a no brainer so it's a quite an obvious one really.

Cmon, gotta give credit where credit is due. Bale signing a new contract, while clearly not mind blowing news, is anything but a given considering his options to leave and interest from other clubs

I think if AVB arrived we should play Bale in the Hulk role cutting in from the right. I think he would do a lot better than being on the right in a 4-4-1-1 because his role won't be to get to the byline and cross, or wander and provide a ball for an outlet...he will be the outlet. Getting the ball to him high up the pitch, letting him cut inside and rifle shots home. He's a good finisher and he would pull that off well.

He would also do extremely well providing the width and sticking out on the left in the front 3, but he could defs work as our Hulk upfront I'd say.

You might be on to something there. If it is AVB then you can easily see him thinking that Bale can express the same qualities as Hulk and if the team setup stuff that's been discussed in this thread previously is to be believed he doesn't seem to favour an out and out left winger.

Moutinho is apparently % owned by a third part basically meaning he'll cost a few bob. But then these third party ownerships are basically set up for a future transfer

Back