• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly last time I checked there were quite a few hotels around the heathrow area. If you're willing to drive through the west end to canary wharf to try and impress someone with the time it'd take you may as well jump on the m25 from heathrow up to Enfield and show then around the new training facilities?

Thank you!!

What I will say in defence of POTL was that he got quite a few things right when he first came on the scene. But then he got too big for his boots and is giving ITK every other day and as a result his record has diminished....

I don't know if he's actually been on holiday or if he's been Defoe's personal assistant at the euros, but his latest news is just a rehash of what everyone else already know.

dzeko is technically better than ade , and a better finisher.

stil not sure if i would have him over Ade...i think i might. not sure

we should just play bale up front. premiership title in our hands after that

rebrab said:

Within the next week, there will be at least 3 announcements on the OS.

Akqayid said:

Thats just the playing staff, actually make it four.
Then theres the stadium.

Unless Spurs were paying for the hotel, and we all know Spurs have a deal with a certain hotel in Canary Wharf. Personally I think the story is flimflam, but you guys dismissing the logistics of this rumour clearly have never worked in Canary Wharf or seen the conference suites that are available in that area.

Utter flimflam.

Pretty much all of the 5 star hotels in London are in the WC and W postcodes. Not E14.

I know the area fine sunny don't worry about that. I'm down in London on business every week for 2-3 nights.

dzeko is technically better than ade , and a better finisher.

stil not sure if i would have him over Ade...i think i might. not sure

we should just play bale up front. premiership title in our hands after that

I think if AVB arrived we should play Bale in the Hulk role cutting in from the right. I think he would do a lot better than being on the right in a 4-4-1-1 because his role won't be to get to the byline and cross, or wander and provide a ball for an outlet...he will be the outlet. Getting the ball to him high up the pitch, letting him cut inside and rifle shots home. He's a good finisher and he would pull that off well.

He would also do extremely well providing the width and sticking out on the left in the front 3, but he could defs work as our Hulk upfront I'd say.

If the 25m + Carcalho + Sahin for Modric rumour was true I think I would be happy with that.

That buys us a top class striker, gets us a replacement to Modric (perhaps not the same but still quality (and younger)) and adds depth to the defence, over all that leaves us stronger.

And I think for it to be worth our while in selling Modric it has to be a deal with that sort of benefit

To be honest with you, if that deal went through and we completed the signings of Sigurdsson and Vertonghen then really buying the 2 forwards would be all we would need to be probably a stronger squad overall this season than where we were at the end of the august window last year.

I probably wouldn't have sold Corluka as I think he still had something to offer with us and certainly could have been used more often to allow Walker some rest time. But overall, If the Madrid rumour is true then I actually would be all for it and feeling better about our chances by comparison to last season.

So all these 'Quality' ITK, did any of them mention that Bale was signing a new 4 yr contract?? Surely the would know this right?

Investment info from a guy called 'The guvnor' on the tottenhamhotspurs.tv itk forum

Greetings all, new here, have some bits of info regarding future of our beloved thfc - take as you wish....

The Qatar investment authority is interested in investing in the club, there are other parties also interested as you will already be aware. Looking at around 300m , Daniel stays chair

I don't know who the manager will be, but if it's AVB, he isn't Daniels first choice. The process to replace Harry started ages ago, over a year, when Capello told fa he was going after euro 2012 and Harry was assumed in line by all and sundry. There were at least 2 preferred and top choices before AVB even went to chelski (yes Daniel does plan ahead, well ahead) and Daniel was in contact with one of them until recently. Obviously the PR will be different but that's why there are the stories of shortish contract and restricted compensation etc....bottom line is its a bit of a gamble....shame it never worked out with either top 2 guys , would have set the place on fire...such is football

Nothing earth shattering but will be back if hear anything of interest

COYS

As soon as I read stuff like this can't help but think anyone who genuinely was on first name terms with levy wouldn't see need to go on websites spouting brick? It's no suprise all these itk tossers call people by their first names to try and impress us

To be honest with you, if that deal went through and we completed the signings of Sigurdsson and Vertonghen then really buying the 2 forwards would be all we would need to be probably a stronger squad overall this season than where we were at the end of the august window last year.

I probably wouldn't have sold Corluka as I think he still had something to offer with us and certainly could have been used more often to allow Walker some rest time. But overall, If the Madrid rumour is true then I actually would be all for it and feeling better about our chances by comparison to last season.

Without sounding too greedy I'd like us to sign maybe sign a young back-up keeper too and let one of Cudicini or Gomes go.

So all these 'Quality' ITK, did any of them mention that Bale was signing a new 4 yr contract?? Surely the would know this right?

Roger Morgan, 19th Jun 10.15am

"Likely to sign a new contract extension, pay rise."

Akqayid, Monday at 11:58 PM

"Bale WILL sign a new contract"

What I will say in defence of POTL was that he got quite a few things right when he first came on the scene. But then he got too big for his boots and is giving ITK every other day and as a result his record has diminished....

Sounds a bit like JJ Jetset who now even gives analysis on other ITK like hes some kind of missionary.

Hasn't he only ever got 2 things right (Saha & Nelsen), admittedly that did prove some excellent knowledge but you need a long term record to act like that.

Utter flimflam.

Pretty much all of the 5 star hotels in London are in the WC and W postcodes. Not E14.

I know the area fine sunny don't worry about that. I'm down in London on business every week for 2-3 nights.

You're missing the point aren't you? Makes a change. Let me spell it out. SPURS HAVE A DEAL WITH A CANARY WHARF HOTEL AND THAT IS WHAT WE UTILISE FOR ALL OUR LONDON HOTEL REQUIREMENTS. fudge me, is it really that difficult to grasp? It's not even a secret :lol:

Sounds a bit like JJ Jetset who now even gives analysis on other ITK like hes some kind of missionary.

Hasn't he only ever got 2 things right (Saha & Nelsen), admittedly that did prove some excellent knowledge but you need a long term record to act like that.

Exactly.JJ Jetset is asked all sorts of questions from posters now, don't really see him getting much right either. Always Sao the few ITKs that are reliable are those that rarely surface - the likes of Dragon 1 and Peanut. When they do, you know it's something good. Vast majority are just attention seekers....

You're missing the point aren't you? Makes a change. Let me spell it out. SPURS HAVE A DEAL WITH A CANARY WHARF HOTEL AND THAT IS WHAT WE UTILISE FOR ALL OUR LONDON HOTEL REQUIREMENTS. fudge me, is it really that difficult to grasp? It's not even a secret :lol:

Yup, 8% off single rooms at the back of the hotel for multiple bookings and an extra fried egg for free with breakfast.

DL - wheeler dea...

Yup, 8% off single rooms at the back of the hotel for multiple bookings and an extra fried egg for free with breakfast.

DL - wheeler dea...

What concerns me is that it's still the same hotel that lasagnegate happened at! It's probably a worldwide agreement if the truth be known, but it's common knowledge in the Wharf that Spurs stay there. It changed a bit under Redknapp because he was happy to let the players stay at their own place before a home match, but under Ramos they stayed there the night before every home game (even Ekotto who only lives 15 mins walk from the hotel :lol: ) and Spurs often use the conference suites there to entertain sponsors etc.

Back