• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
really? in that case then he obviously can play there.

versatile little fudger isnt he

I'm only going by what my reading supporting nephew who has a season tickets told me says when he first broke into the team it was obvious he was a central player but Rodgers didn't have faith in him playing there and to accommodate him played him on the wing apparently was so so wasn't untill McDermott came in that he moved him in behind the forward and he began to shine

But that was the comparison, Sigurdsson and Dembele. The rest doesn't matter. Ifs and maybes. The set pieces part is a very strong asset, something we definitely lack.

yeah i personally dont subscribe to that kind of analysis and getting conclusion (x player is more lethal than z player in front of goal. cause x player has more goals) that way. ... how can the rest not matter when they directly relate and influence the numbers?

set pieces are good though no doubt, but if rumours are to be believed, we lack them cause we dont practice them alot under harry. the new guy might have a different approach...in which case Bale and VDV could become relevant again? i know , ifs and maybes. siggy though does have a good set piece on him i'l admit

Please no more of this "Sweeper Keeper" crap.

LOL, it isnt crap...Van der saar played that for ajax and whats his face plays that for barca.......

its more when they have the ball, as opposed to the keeper actully being a marauding mathias sammer type sweepr LOL.

I think this means the end of Rafa to be honest. 2 years left on his contract, so we can either get a decent fee for him now rather than lose him for free in 2 years time. Actually keeping him for another 2 years and letting him go may be not the worst thing, since he would hit his 30s and not command a massive fee anyway, but his performances would decline and injuries would stack up.

This is us getting Siggy in to replace Rafa, with Siggy's best years ahead of him, and we'll probably be able to turn a profit on the dealing too. Siggy replaces the goals from midfield, and also fits into a 4-3-3 that are likely to play. If it's AVB, Rafa doesn't really have the pace to play in the front 3, and doesn't suit the midfield.

Gonna be an interesting summer for the new man. The club will likely be letting Rafa and Modric go. Good replacements will be needed. I think Siggy and Sahin would be great business actually, and the Modric money would allow us to strengthen other areas too.

i actually like the fact that siggy brings height to the table. looking forward to the working relationship of siggy and sandro

i thought that might be it.

siggy played in the support striker position..../ tip of the diamond, dembele played in the CM position i thought?

siggy also took their set pieces , dembele didnt for fulham. then there is the system that swansea played versus fulhams style......i dont know. stick dembele on the tip of the diamond or as a support striker in rodgers system where he as absolute license to roam into that box...i think he gets alot more than just 2 goals

To be fair I think the reason Dembele is at CM now is because he wasnt prolific enough when played AM/wing forward

oh okay, you see i didnt know that.

did he play in a wonky or a 5 midddle? was it AM or wing forward or both?

A bit of everything as I remember. Hughes signed him in the first place, and had him playing virtually any of the attacking roles. AM/Wing forward/wing....

While he looked like he had obvious ability he wasnt getting many goals that I could see.

Jol puts him at CM and he holds his own and does a very credible job. A lot like Modric actually (IMO) in as much as he makes them tick, moves them forward, pulls off some sweet moves but never gets the direct assist/goals his game seems to warrant. Always the assist to the assist....

Not that thats something I mind, just an observation really

I have heard that Liverpool offered Gylfi 70k plus several bonuses last night...

Could be that the people around him are doing smokescreens

No one has said he has signed.

Reports strongly suggest he will.

Doesnt seem unreasonable for people to discuss the potential move and its impact.

Or can we only deal in things that have actually happened?

(in the Summer-2012-Transfer-Rumour-ITK-discussion-and-associated-crap-thread )

NakedGinola is right. Lets not count our chickens.

My personal preference is Dembele over Sig, but maybe there is room for both with Piennar, Kranky and probably Jenas all on the way out. I almost just want to sign Sig to tinkle off the scousers as much as anything.

LOL, it isnt crap...Van der saar played that for ajax and whats his face plays that for barca.......

its more when they have the ball, as opposed to the keeper actully being a marauding mathias sammer type sweepr LOL.

The first sweeper keeper I ever saw was Ray Clemence.

the latest rumour throwing message boards into chaos....

Apologies if posted, but Tango97 on COYS regarding Leandro:

Take or leave this. I know it to be true.

Leandro was met at Heathrow this morning and taken to a meeting at The Four Seasons Hotel in Canary Wharf. I don't know who he met but it lasted over an hour. They then went to a law firm in the city.

100% happened.

Back