• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
word around the office is that we have offered Gylfi 70k also

as i said yesterday, this is Levy-v-Rodgers....Levy will go to extraordinary lengths (70k a week for Gylfi is mental money) just so that Rodgers doesnt get his way and sign his number one target

Never cross Levy

as i said yesterday, this is Levy-v-Rodgers....Levy will go to extraordinary lengths (70k a week for Gylfi is mental money) just so that Rodgers doesnt get his way and sign his number one target

Never cross Levy

So assuming a 4 year contract you really think Levy is dumb enough to spent 14.5m just to prove a point

With all this SWEEPER KEEPER talk perhaps the extra player were trying to get from Ajax is one of their goalies Jeroen Verhoeven.

soccer-graphics-jeroen-verhoeven-785899.jpg

Looks pretty mobile. :-"

So assuming a 4 year contract you really think Levy is dumb enough to spent 14.5m just to prove a point

I think it's simply that the plan is to move Rafa out because he has two years left, so we want to get money for him. And we are doing that because the opportunity to sign Siggy is there. And to make sure we get him, we will offer him top wages.

He's going to be the best guy we can get in terms of signing a goalscoring midfielder and a good price, and we don't want this opportunity to pass us. Don't think it's about screwing over Rodgers whatsoever to be honest.

With all this SWEEPER KEEPER talk perhaps the extra player were trying to get from Ajax is one of their goalies Jeroen Verhoeven.

soccer-graphics-jeroen-verhoeven-785899.jpg

Looks pretty mobile. :-"

"Verhoeven is often teased about his size, which is uncharacteristic for a keeper, by opposing fans. In one match against ADO Den Haag during the 2010-11 season, the home supporters showered him with chants of "Pizza!" when he touched the ball."

cross Levy at your peril, thats all i have to say..........

im just speculating;) its the off season, im bored

I think it's simply that the plan is to move Rafa out because he has two years left, so we want to get money for him. And we are doing that because the opportunity to sign Siggy is there. And to make sure we get him, we will offer him top wages.

He's going to be the best guy we can get in terms of signing a goalscoring midfielder and a good price, and we don't want this opportunity to pass us. Don't think it's about screwing over Rodgers whatsoever to be honest.

Can't see us moving VDV on, we can just extend his contract so in a year or two we can still get money back.

If Modric goes, VDV is our only true top class player left, makes no sense to move him on due to being worried about a couple of million we may or may not get in two years time.

Vertonghen 'very close' to Tottenham move, says Ajax boss De Boer

It had appeared the deal was on the verge of collapse because of a dispute between the Dutch champions and the Belgium international over his entitlement to a 15 per cent share of the reported €12 million transfer fee.

However, De Boer told reporters at a press conference on Wednesday that the two parties are nearing an agreement.

"We're very close," the former Netherlands defender said. "But if the deal is not done, Jan must start his training next week with us.

"I was in the same situation [when he left Ajax for Barcelona in 1999]. But, eventually, I expect the deal will be done. I expect everything will be alright."

De Boer went on to reveal that he has already turned his attention to finding a suitable replacement for Vertonghen, both at the back and as skipper.

"We need a player with experience when Jan leaves," he admitted. "Toby [Alderweireld] will be the first one to fill in, but he still has much to learn. We know who the new captain will be, but first Jan has to leave."

Ajax are also currently attempting to sign Luciano Narsingh, but De Boer insists that the club will not be held to ransom over the Heerenveen winger.

"We think we made a good offer for him," the 42-year-old coach explained. "We won't go any higher.

"We can't pay huge salaries or transfer fee. Players and clubs must think about that."

It has been rumoured that PSV are now trying to hijack the deal but De Boer insists that he knows nothing of their alleged interest in the Netherlands international.

"I read the same in the newspapers as you guys," he stated. "But I don't know any more on that. How far along are they they? No idea."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/462/net...ery-close-to-tottenham-move-says-ajax-boss-de

all im saying is that people are putting him in formations etc just like we did with Hazard and look what happened there. Now the Vertonghen deal looks like it could be fooked. As most say, I will not believe it until I see a player in the shirt.

Believe what you like - its the idea we arent supposed to talk about it I struggle with

Can't see us moving VDV on, we can just extend his contract so in a year or two we can still get money back.

If Modric goes, VDV is our only true top class player left, makes no sense to move him on due to being worried about a couple of million we may or may not get in two years time.

It's not just about the few million though, I think the thinking will be that we could probably effectively pay for Siggy and have cash left over if we sell Rafa, and we are then exchanging an older player who will be declining in the next few years - with a history of injury niggles - for a young, proven goalscoring midfielder with his best years ahead of him. It makes a lot of sense to me.

That, and Siggy may easily fit into the new mans system rather than Rafa.

Vertonghen 'very close' to Tottenham move, says Ajax boss De Boer

It had appeared the deal was on the verge of collapse because of a dispute between the Dutch champions and the Belgium international over his entitlement to a 15 per cent share of the reported ?12 million transfer fee.

However, De Boer told reporters at a press conference on Wednesday that the two parties are nearing an agreement.

"We're very close," the former Netherlands defender said. "But if the deal is not done, Jan must start his training next week with us.

"I was in the same situation [when he left Ajax for Barcelona in 1999]. But, eventually, I expect the deal will be done. I expect everything will be alright."

De Boer went on to reveal that he has already turned his attention to finding a suitable replacement for Vertonghen, both at the back and as skipper.

"We need a player with experience when Jan leaves," he admitted. "Toby [Alderweireld] will be the first one to fill in, but he still has much to learn. We know who the new captain will be, but first Jan has to leave."

Ajax are also currently attempting to sign Luciano Narsingh, but De Boer insists that the club will not be held to ransom over the Heerenveen winger.

"We think we made a good offer for him," the 42-year-old coach explained. "We won't go any higher.

"We can't pay huge salaries or transfer fee. Players and clubs must think about that."

It has been rumoured that PSV are now trying to hijack the deal but De Boer insists that he knows nothing of their alleged interest in the Netherlands international.

"I read the same in the newspapers as you guys," he stated. "But I don't know any more on that. How far along are they they? No idea."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/462/net...ery-close-to-tottenham-move-says-ajax-boss-de

Is he any good? Cover for Lennon!?

[video=youtube;qMTe-Z4WEG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMTe-Z4WEG0[/video]

the latest rumour throwing message boards into chaos....

Apologies if posted, but Tango97 on COYS regarding Leandro:

Take or leave this. I know it to be true.

Leandro was met at Heathrow this morning and taken to a meeting at The Four Seasons Hotel in Canary Wharf. I don't know who he met but it lasted over an hour. They then went to a law firm in the city.

100% happened.

Why would you drive from Heathrow, through the city ad west end, to Canary Wharf? Complete and utter flimflam

Why would we sign Gylfi just because VdV has two years left on his contract?!?!? We'd just extend VdV's deal......!

Cant see VdV going anywhere - he's one of the 3 best players we have

Back