• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These rumours of Levy wanting Nari Sahin as part of the Modric deal are just teasing us surely? Could he come to Spurs? Would love it if he did

sigurdson and vertonghen could change the way we play quite dramatically. both are capable of attacking right down the centre at speed. good acquisitions if we succeed in introducing some variation in the way we play.

i wouldnt say they individually attack with speeds, both are quite pedestrian in their movement, but they have the ability to move the ball quickly and incisively so will be able to get the ball quicker to the faster players like Bale and Lennon

I have no idea what OGS stands for.

Anyone?

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer....cant see him leaving Molde for a while yet. The Molde owner and financier threatened to withdraw all his funding to the club if OGS walked out a few weeks ago to A Villa. Made OGS feel really guilty that his leaving would effectively destroy the club so was forced to stay

RAWK Transfer Forum Rules v2:

UNLESS FROM THE BELOW SOURCES, NO TWITTER brick.

Journalists from - The Times, The Liverpool Echo, The Liverpool Daily Post, The Guardian, The Torygraph, The Independent & The BBC.
Duncan Jenkins, Guillem Ballague, Gabriel Marcotti (Basically any respected foreign journalists) & any of the Anfield Wrap lads.
(If you think someone should be on the above list then PM me and I'll add them on once I've checked them out or missed them out.)

Please only discuss LFC related transfer moves. No 'Oh I see Spurs have signed Vertoghen thats depressing' As it ends up sparking a discussion about how far LFC have fell, why aren't we buying him now, blah, blah, blah. It's boring a tedious, leave it out.

Abuse any LFC Playing & None Playing staff will not be tolerated.

If a players' thread becomes locked for a reason other than arguments/going off topic don't come in here to start posting the views you would have posted in there.

If anyone breaks these rules persistently they will be muted or possibly banned. If you don't like it then sorry there's plenty of other places were you can discuss things.

Oh yeh, and no complaining about the rules either.

See, and you lot think WE are a bunch of nazis ;)

Not the correct thread but nowhere else to post it.

Apparently Parkers Achilles was aggravated by playing in the euros and now needs an op, will miss start of season. Levy is seeking compensation.

it could be that the Liverpool owners dont want to spend too much on Gylfi as they dont see him as a priority. i mean, look at how many midfielders they have, Adam, Lucas, Spearing, Shelvey Henderson, Gerrard, Aquilani......plus, if Rodgers plays 433 in the attacking positions they have Suarez, Cole, Downing, Maxi, Bellamy, the highly rated kid Sterling

they are seriously overloaded in those positions and will find it difficult to shift some of the ones they dont want

Not the correct thread but nowhere else to post it.

Apparently Parkers Achilles was aggravated by playing in the euros and now needs an op, will miss start of season. Levy is seeking compensation.

never doubted that for a second when i heard Parker needed an op

go Dan!!

Neil Jones ‏@neiljonesecho
Sigurdsson: LFC say wage demands were unrealistic and they expect him to join Spurs, though not officially ruling themselves out yet.

In all honesty Im taking this (if it happens) as a huge win for Spurs - when was the last time we could realistically compete with Liverpool for players? Let alone beat them to a signature.

As recently as them signing Joe Cole we didnt seem to stand a chance (prior to that them poaching Keane...)

In all honesty Im taking this (if it happens) as a huge win for Spurs - when was the last time we could realistically compete with Liverpool for players? Let alone beat them to a signature.

As recently as them signing Joe Cole we didnt seem to stand a chance (prior to that them poaching Keane...)

Every cloud.....

Ironically we missed out on Joe Cole because we didn't want to pay ridiculous wages around 100k I think I remember them offering him ! We would have offered closer to 60k (est based on current top earners, ageing player, etc.).

This wages thing is crap anyway, it's sounding like they tried to get him on the cheap, 25-30k or something, our offer would be 50-60k (again estimated), which is much more market level (but again ironically its the inflated wages market that Liverpool helped to create!).

Back