• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pole Ajax-ed! Vertonghen move to Spurs on brink of collapse due to contract clause

http://m.mirror.co.uk/ms/p/tmg/mirr...Q/view.m?id=3653831&&cat=Mirror-News&a=941203

Spurs chiefs are fighting to keep their ?10million move for defender Jan Vertonghen alive.

The talented Belgian, 25, has revealed he expects to go back to Ajax for pre-season next week after looking a certainty to join Tottenham.

The two clubs have already agreed a ?9.6million deal. But Ajax appear unwilling to meet a clause in Vertonghen?s contract suggesting he is entitled to 15 percent of the fee.

The player revealed: ?As it looks now, I?ll be at Ajax on July 2. I?m hoping for a solution, but I?m not expecting a solution.

?This is a shame. I thought that it would be sorted out much sooner.

?I have one advantage: Ajax have got a good coach who knows me. I play in a good, stable squad. Let?s become champions with Ajax for the third time in a row.?

Vertonghen, however, has also given a hint of the extent to which his relationship with the Dutch giants has broken down when he blasted them over leaking details of the transfer.

He went on: ?I?m shocked. The percentage is correct. It?s unbelievable.

?I know that at Ajax a lot of things are leaking. When you hear it about other football players, you don?t feel it. It?s different when it?s about yourself.?

Pole Ajax-ed! Vertonghen move to Spurs on brink of collapse due to contract clause

http://m.mirror.co.uk/ms/p/tmg/mirr...Q/view.m?id=3653831&&cat=Mirror-News&a=941203

Spurs chiefs are fighting to keep their ?10million move for defender Jan Vertonghen alive.

The talented Belgian, 25, has revealed he expects to go back to Ajax for pre-season next week after looking a certainty to join Tottenham.

The two clubs have already agreed a ?9.6million deal. But Ajax appear unwilling to meet a clause in Vertonghen?s contract suggesting he is entitled to 15 percent of the fee.

The player revealed: ?As it looks now, I?ll be at Ajax on July 2. I?m hoping for a solution, but I?m not expecting a solution.

?This is a shame. I thought that it would be sorted out much sooner.

?I have one advantage: Ajax have got a good coach who knows me. I play in a good, stable squad. Let?s become champions with Ajax for the third time in a row.?

Vertonghen, however, has also given a hint of the extent to which his relationship with the Dutch giants has broken down when he blasted them over leaking details of the transfer.

He went on: ?I?m shocked. The percentage is correct. It?s unbelievable.

?I know that at Ajax a lot of things are leaking. When you hear it about other football players, you don?t feel it. It?s different when it?s about yourself.?

FFS!!! Get the deal done already.

Who: Akqayid
When: 26/06/12
Where: SC

AvB wants a reunion with ghosts of Porto Past....

And to screw Chelsea into the ground. Crouching Coach, hidden passion. I'm liking where our future lays.

Sig is done too. Next week is a VERY busy week

RAWK Transfer Forum Rules v2:

UNLESS FROM THE BELOW SOURCES, NO TWITTER brick.

Journalists from - The Times, The Liverpool Echo, The Liverpool Daily Post, The Guardian, The Torygraph, The Independent & The BBC.
Duncan Jenkins, Guillem Ballague, Gabriel Marcotti (Basically any respected foreign journalists) & any of the Anfield Wrap lads.
(If you think someone should be on the above list then PM me and I'll add them on once I've checked them out or missed them out.)

Please only discuss LFC related transfer moves. No 'Oh I see Spurs have signed Vertoghen thats depressing' As it ends up sparking a discussion about how far LFC have fell, why aren't we buying him now, blah, blah, blah. It's boring a tedious, leave it out.

Abuse any LFC Playing & None Playing staff will not be tolerated.

If a players' thread becomes locked for a reason other than arguments/going off topic don't come in here to start posting the views you would have posted in there.

If anyone breaks these rules persistently they will be muted or possibly banned. If you don't like it then sorry there's plenty of other places were you can discuss things.

Oh yeh, and no complaining about the rules either.

To be honest i have only seen Sigurdsson play a handful of times so i cannot really make judgement on if he is / isn't good but i have seen Dembele play quite alot last season and i know they play similar roles. Can anyone give a comparison on these players are they like for like, who is better and who would you have out of the 2?

Sorry for being tardy to the party, but I'd go with

Vertonghen - 4.5
Sigurdsson - 3

RAWK is hilarious. That is all.

Ajax do not have a leg to stand on if they have agreed to the Tottenham offer.
IMO there is more than whats being said. All he has to do is sign for Tottenham then take Ajax to court over breaking contract agreement, they would incur costs plus the 15% and interest from the day they accepted the Tottenham offer.

To be honest i have only seen Sigurdsson play a handful of times so i cannot really make judgement on if he is / isn't good but i have seen Dembele play quite alot last season and i know they play similar roles. Can anyone give a comparison on these players are they like for like, who is better and who would you have out of the 2?

Dembele's faster and stronger. Sigurdsson's far more lethal in front of goal, and is better at set-pieces. They're both quite good.

Overall, though, I'd have Dembele just because at a pinch he could cover up front. Doesn't mean I'm not happy about the potential Siggy signing, though, I loved the fella last season.

Who: Akqayid
When: 26/06/12
Where: SC

AvB wants a reunion with ghosts of Porto Past....

And to screw Chelsea into the ground. Crouching Coach, hidden passion. I'm liking where our future lays.

Sig is done too. Next week is a VERY busy week

And someone was trying to convince me that Spurs v Chelsea wouldn't be extra spicy next season!

A question for the people who have seen alot of Sigurdsson last season- where do you see him in our system ?

Box-to-box CM,AM/SS(VdV role) or winger that cuts inside like Kranjcar?

sigurdson and vertonghen could change the way we play quite dramatically. both are capable of attacking right down the centre at speed. good acquisitions if we succeed in introducing some variation in the way we play.

Back