• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why did Harry spend money on 19yr old Walker and 20yr old Naughton?

It wasnt Harry. it was Levy. it was all Levy. Levy got us top five three seasons in a row (of which two top four places) for GHod knows how long.

Remember the old Jol vs Comolli signings debate? Anyone good was a Jol signing, anyone brick was Comolli's fault.

Sometimes I wonder if some of the posters on here actually think conversations between Levy and Redknapp go like this:

Levy: Looks like Llorente is available, I'm gonna sign him.

Redknapp: WHO?

DL: Fernando Llorente, you know, the Spain striker...

HR: Never heard of him. Don't you dare sign him, he's probably another Samassi Abou and I'll look bad if he doesn't perform. I want Louis Saha instead.

DL: Er...he's old and brick.

HR: No, he's a great lad, perfect signing. I also want to sign Gary Neville.

DL: Are you fudging mad, I've finalised a deal to bring Kyle Walker to the club.

HR: WHO??? I've never even heard of him. Therefore he must be brick. I want Neville.

DL: Tough brick. We're signing Walker.

HR: Bah, we'll I'm going to loan him out for a year until I've had a chance to watch him on MOTD. And fudge that Llorente bloke, if you sign him then I won't talk to him. I only want to sign my mates.

The Sun jumps on the " Modric to Utd " bandwagon with this story in their friday edition:

Luka Modric to join Man Utd

By NEIL CUSTIS

Boss Alex Ferguson has offered Tottenham a ?ú25million fee, rising to ?ú30m based on appearances and success.

Modric, 26, will be handed a four-year deal worth ?ú26m.

His wages of ?ú125,000 a week will put him among the big earners at Old Trafford.

Modric has kept up to date with talks while at Euro 2012 with Croatia and will seal the move on his return.

Spurs held off interest from Chelsea to hold on to the midfielder last year.

The Croatian said he had no intention of quitting Spurs having signed a six-year deal in May 2010.

United boss Fergie signed Japanese star Shinji Kagawa this week and wants Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s Cheick Tiote and Everton left-back Leighton Baines — but refuses to match the ?ú20m valuations on each.

Remember the old Jol vs Comolli signings debate? Anyone good was a Jol signing, anyone brick was Comolli's fault.

I haven't said Harry's signings are brick and Levy's are good though, just that the two are easily distinguishable. The young, relatively unknown "take a punt" kids are down to Levy, whilst the older experienced "as before seen on motd" pros are Harry's.

No. Harry didn't know a thing about Sandro, to which he even admitted.

That is quite a bold statement, can you find any quotes to back that up? My recollection is that Sandro was spotted by Broomfield who reports to and was appointed by Harry.

@ITK_Gossip

THFC and Birmingham are in talks over NR no fee agreed yet. Will have more info when/if they agree a fee.

Yeah, Redmond looks really good, proper diamond in the rough. Would be the ideal back up. like-for-like!

I haven't said Harry's signings are brick and Levy's are good though, just that the two are easily distinguishable. The young, relatively unknown "take a punt" kids are down to Levy, whilst the older experienced "as before seen on motd" pros are Harry's.

Explain VDV then

Here's an easy Redknapp signing flow chart for everyone:

Is the player under 25? Yes ---> Levy

No
|
v

Has the player played in the Premier League? No ---> Levy

Yes
|
v

Is the player almost universally popular with the fans? Yes ---> Levy

|
v

Redknapp

Because there's no way a professional football manager like Harry has ever heard of Carlos Kickaball 'Rafael van der Vaart'

Last edited:
Don't know where to put it but did anyone else hear that Jack Wheelchair allegedly tested positive for cocaine. :lol:

This twitter update from him 3 days ago suddenly makes more sense :lol:

Jack Wheelchair ‏@JackWilshere

I'm afraid to say I will be deactivating account for a little while as I step up my rehab and push for next season.

Back