• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd like to see a fit Pienaar stay with us, I feel he can offer us some genuine quality squad rotation.

Well aware I'm in the minority and in all probability he'll go back to Everton.....

Problem is

1) Bale

2) Harry doesn't do rotation

3) Pienaar's already said he wants to go back to Everton

I'd like to see a fit Pienaar stay with us, I feel he can offer us some genuine quality squad rotation.

Well aware I'm in the minority and in all probability he'll go back to Everton.....

Problem with Pienaar is that he is another one who seems to play best on the left in a 4-5-1. A system we don't play and he is up against Bale. But like I said about Kranky, I'd personally like to see Redknapp mix it up a bit more and against weaker teams (or when we are dominating possession but failing to break teams down) I'd like to see Bale played at left back (effectively playing as a wing back) with someone like Pienaar or Kranky in front of him.

Posted in the Daily Mirror:

"Carlos Tevez is staying at Emirates Marketing Project – forcing Edin Dzeko out of the exit. With Tevez determined to stay and Mancini keen on a new striker – Arsenal’s Robin van Persie is his No.1 target – it leaves Bosnia’s Dzeko as the likely fall-guy. Dzeko admitted: “I’m enjoying the Premier League, but you never know what will happen".

Would it be worth a cheeky bid? He absolutely destroyed us at the 'Lane at the start of last season.

How is their formation different to ours? Different personnel and style sure, but the shape is the same.

Posted in the Daily Mirror:

"Carlos Tevez is staying at Emirates Marketing Project – forcing Edin Dzeko out of the exit. With Tevez determined to stay and Mancini keen on a new striker – Arsenal’s Robin van Persie is his No.1 target – it leaves Bosnia’s Dzeko as the likely fall-guy. Dzeko admitted: “I’m enjoying the Premier League, but you never know what will happen".

Would it be worth a cheeky bid? He absolutely destroyed us at the 'Lane at the start of last season.

Adebayor, Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko. All on ?ú150K or more a week. RVP will probably be on more than 200K. Now there's the right way for you.

NIKO TO DYNAMO

We have reached agreement for the transfer of Niko Kranjcar to Dynamo Kiev.

The midfield playmaker joined us from Portsmouth at the beginning of September 2009 and subsequently made 72 appearances in our colours, scoring 11 goals.

The 27-year-old Croatian international is currently with his national team preparing for Euro2012 and we wish him every success for the future

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/niko-to-dynamo.page

Problem with Pienaar is that he is another one who seems to play best on the left in a 4-5-1. A system we don't play and he is up against Bale. But like I said about Kranky, I'd personally like to see Redknapp mix it up a bit more and against weaker teams (or when we are dominating possession but failing to break teams down) I'd like to see Bale played at left back (effectively playing as a wing back) with someone like Pienaar or Kranky in front of him.

And what would happen if we played that side and we didn't win? This forum would go into meltdown bale needs to play left midfield, players out of positions etc etc

Arrrrrrggghhhhhh

Harry does do rotation - when the players comin in are competent enough. Rose, Bentley, Jenas et al are NOT competent enough.

And what would happen if we played that side and we didn't win? This forum would go into meltdown bale needs to play left midfield, players out of positions etc etc

True, but you can't please all the people all the time. I keep reading that we didn't squad rotate enough last year, but what that really means is "I rate a player sitting on the bench who I want to see play". Against Norwich we started Livermore (something a few posters were crying out for us to do) and struggled as a result (and those same posters then attacked the Manager). There is always going to be an element of any fanbase that is somewhat over emotional and irrational.

I wouldn't like to see Bale as a left back regular, but if we are dominating the game then I think it's an option. He can still get forward and provide width whilst giving us another attacking option further up the field. I wouldn't want us to start with too often, but against weaker teams at home I wouldn't mind. And after 70 mins if we're dominating a match and unable to break through I think it would be worth a shot.

Arrrrrrggghhhhhh

Harry does do rotation - when the players comin in are competent enough. Rose, Bentley, Jenas et al are NOT competent enough.

Yep. If Harry left out Bale to play Pienaar, he would be absolutely ridiculed by most Spurs fans.

That's the issue, I'm hoping Redknapp has seen and learnt that he does need to rotate a little more although bearing in mind Bale is an extremely fit lad and possibly our most important player wouldn't necessarily need to be rotated that much. Pienaar can play other positions besides LW, although accepted that's probably his best position I think currently he's our best back up for Lennon aswell.

If Redknapp does rotate properly I'd say both Pienaar and Dos Santos from our current fringe players would get some more regular game time...

Yep. If Harry left out Bale to play Pienaar, he would be absolutely ridiculed by most Spurs fans.

But surely if everyone here has been banging on about how squad wasn't rotated enough then they could see when our players are looking jaded and understand why Harry has rested them?

That's the issue, I'm hoping Redknapp has seen and learnt that he does need to rotate a little more although bearing in mind Bale is an extremely fit lad and possibly our most important player wouldn't necessarily need to be rotated that much. Pienaar can play other positions besides LW, although accepted that's probably his best position I think currently he's our best back up for Lennon aswell.

If Redknapp does rotate properly I'd say both Pienaar and Dos Santos from our current fringe players would get some more regular game time...

Thing is people say we didn't rotate enough but hardly any of our players played a massive amount of games.

I don't know the stats but I'm assuming that's due to the first team players being deployed mainly for league games and the FA Cup, not really Europa League and League cup. Also most of our first team had been out for a decent period time with an injury of sorts, which you could argue would be down to not being rotated?

But surely if everyone here has been banging on about how squad wasn't rotated enough then they could see when our players are looking jaded and understand why Harry has rested them?

Our better players are better tired than our back ups at full freshness.

Lets put past season behind us and start afresh this season inclusive of this summer

Our better players are better tired than our back ups at full freshness.

Lets put past season behind us and start afresh this season inclusive of this summer

If that were true then whose fault is that? Harry's been here 4 years now, it's his squad he's assembled. Even then, if the likes of Gomes, Corluka, Bassong, Kranjcar etc start a game then most of you would sit up in horror, yet they all played the majority of our best ever Premier League season so they can't be that bad? Or have they just turned to brick over night? Nothing to do with Harry treating them like garbage?

Back