• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Going by various sources we are currently bidding for/enquiring about/interested in:

Green
Lloris
Ruddy
Butland
Vertonghen
Rio
Tomkins
Dembele
Mulumbu
Redmond
Adebayor
Leandro
Remy
Siem de Jong
Luuk de Jong
Demba Ba
Christian Eriksen
Joe Cole
Krasic
Kovacic
any other promising Croatian
a Bayern Munich player
a Barcelona player
a couple of French players
others I've forgotten about

Should be some team once we get all these sorted.

Why would we want Mulumbu? I know that he's a very talented player but bearing in mind that we have both Parker and Modric do we really need another defensive midfielder?

Another example of our club being cited to increase likliehood of other clubs expressing interest in players?

Agents love using us in the media, but I don't really see how it creates any more interest in the player. How many clubs use newspaper articles as the basis for their transfer targets?

Sandro, Livermore, Modric, Parker.

We wouldn't need Mulumbu. Sure he's better than Livermore but he'd be on much higher wages and Livermore is hardly a starter and doubt he even cares that he's not.

Besides Livermore is just 22 and will get better. And there is also Hudd

Agents love using us in the media, but I don't really see how it creates any more interest in the player. How many clubs use newspaper articles as the basis for their transfer targets?

Raises the players profile, more clubs might consider whether he is worth persuing if they think that he is available as a potential transfer target. Clubs who may have a level of interest may also want to act more quickly lest they should lose out on the signing to a rival club.

West Brom have approached Robert Green's agent about the West Ham keeper signing on a free transfer (Daily Mail)

Yes please.

HARRY REDKNAPP reckons he is closing in on a defensive pass master in Jan Vertonghen.

TottenhamÔÇÖs boss insists a ?ú14million deal for the Belgian defender is still a little way off.

Redknapp said: ÔÇ£JanÔÇÖs a terrific passer and versatile too. He can play at the heart of defence but also plays very comfortably at left-back.

ÔÇ£I hope a deal is done but I donÔÇÖt think itÔÇÖs quite finished yet.ÔÇØ

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...aster-says-Tottenham-boss-Harry-Redknapp.html

HARRY REDKNAPP reckons he is closing in on a defensive pass master in Jan Vertonghen.

Tottenham’s boss insists a ?ú14million deal for the Belgian defender is still a little way off.

Redknapp said: “Jan’s a terrific passer and versatile too. He can play at the heart of defence but also plays very comfortably at left-back.

“I hope a deal is done but I don’t think it’s quite finished yet.”

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...aster-says-Tottenham-boss-Harry-Redknapp.html

?ú14mil. Thats a little bit over the odds, no?
Quite impressed with his passing tonight I'd have to admit.

Haven't seen Verts before today - is he a little bit short on pace? Wasn't paying full attention to the game.

Who: Harry Snapper Organs (COYS)
Where: FTL (via COYS)
When: 2nd Jun 3pm (BST)

from glennspurs on ftl:
5m ish is our bid (james tomkins), not for me

I didn't include either of Hudd or Modric as I see them playing a different role to that offered by Mulumbu. I think that Livermore is of a lower quality but he did an excellent job for us last season when he came in.

I think we really need to look to improve the key areas, that we have all discussed first; strikers, defenders, goalkeepers, reserve winger and then maybe a midfielder

Shouldn't include Livermore then. He's not a defensive midfielder.

According to reports in the Spanish media, Tottenham have made informal enquiries about Athletic Bilbao's 27-year-old striker Fernando Llorente.
Full story: FootyLatest

Can somebody give me a rundown of Llorente's strengths and weaknesses? Maybe a player his game is similar to as well?

I've never seen him play except for on Youtube and he's pretty good on that.

Can somebody give me a rundown of Llorente's strengths and weaknesses? Maybe a player his game is similar to as well?

His strengths, he can finish with both feet, isn't slow, is an intelligent mover who can dominate the channels as well as the 18 yard box. Is a strong finisher from anywhere in the box, not just poaching (which he is also very good). His main strengths however are his ability to head the ball, and to dominate defenders. He is amazing at both, he can link and score with his head, each of them 10 times as well as Crouch. As I say he can also dominate supremely well - such that I would compare him best to Drogba. No, I never said he was as good as, but he is similar. He can really bully defenders, and be clinical. Some players are 8/10 at their very best, but consistently a 6/10. Llorente (in the 10-15 games I've seen) is consistently an 8, often hitting a 9.

His weaknesses - maybe his lack of pace, like I said, not slow..but not quick exactly. That's about all I can think of, he is such an outstanding footballer. I'd be shocked if we got him. He's worth 40 or 50m in my opinion.

According to reports in the Spanish media, Tottenham have made informal enquiries about Athletic Bilbao's 27-year-old striker Fernando Llorente.
Full story: FootyLatest

No chance, seeing as his wage demands are more than Ade is currently on, and there'd be a ?ú30m transfer fee.

Haven't seen Verts before today - is he a little bit short on pace? Wasn't paying full attention to the game.

Only if you think Ashley Young is short on pace, as he had the measure of him.

Perhaps Andy Carroll but more skillful. Not as mobile or quick as Ade though.

No chance, seeing as his wage demands are more than Ade is currently on, and there'd be a ?ú30m transfer fee.

Only if you think Ashley Young is short on pace, as he had the measure of him.

Perhaps Andy Carroll but more skillful. Not as mobile or quick as Ade though.

even in the last year of his deal?

Back