• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vertonghen is LB for country, as per usual. This is because while Vertonghen is a very versatile player who is good in many positions, his friend Vermaelen is not as good at LB/DM, an so there isn't much of a choice.

Tomkins normally plays as a central defender so if we sign Vertonghen, and with Caulker coming home along with Gallas, Kaboul and Dawson methinks he will not have a lot of playing time at Spurs next season

Vertonghen has done OK tonight, out of position but not much has come past him

Who does Mertens play for, tricky little sh1t

The next matches now will be the Euros, but we will need a new thread once pre season/European qualifiers get under way. Preferably one NOT started by Greg. Nothing but bad luck to be had from his threads.

I was very impressed with Vertonghen tonight.

Two others who impressed me were Fellaini and Mertens. Hazard didn't do much as I expected.

I was going to come into this thread to mention some of the Belgian players - looks like people already are though.

Mertens looked like the best attacking player, and all three of their midfielders looked good - Witsel, Dembele, and Fellaini. All are gettable I would think unless a bigger team comes in.

We should sell Modric for a fortune imo and go for 2 of those 3 Belgian midfielders. Fellaini and Sandro in midfield would be 8).

Wasn't Witsel close to a move to Madrid only a few weeks ago, whats happening with that?.. I don't think Fellaini will leave Everton, not for cheap neither considering how much they spent on him. Dembele however is gettable and the one we should be going for.

Mertens might be quite gettable too and think he'd be good for us.

I'd watched Mertens a couple of times this season and think he scored 6 in the 2 games I watched. Then again, it is the Dutch league.

Back