• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sky Sports sources understands West Ham have made a ?ú4million bid for Norwich striker Grant Holt.

Fat Sam building his trademark team.

Roberto Martinez has set his sights on the Tottenham job as Harry Redknapp tries to sort out his White Hart Lane future.

MirrorFootball can reveal Martinez has opted to gamble on the Spurs post rather than face the threat of getting stuck in another relegation battle at Villa Park. :lol:

The decision is a sizeable risk as Redknapp’s future is still unclear and he would face fierce competition from Everton’s David Moyes.

With a year left on his contract, Redknapp, 65, is in limbo over his long-term position.

Chairman Daniel Levy has not ruled out a new deal but it remains to be seen whether he will grant his manager’s wish of another three years and a hefty transfer budget.

Redknapp has been targeted by a Middle East consortium over a lucrative job in Qatar.

Germany boss Joachim Low, former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas and ex-Tottenham star Jurgen Klinsmann will also be considered if and when Redknapp leaves.

Belgium defender Jan Vertonghen has said he will join Spurs this summer.

The Sun

• Nemanja Vidic has handed Man Utd a huge boost after getting the all-clear to rejoin full training at the start of next month.
  • Harry Redknapp reckons he is closing in on a defensive pass master in Jan Vertonghen.
  • Brendan Rodgers is poised to make midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson his first Liverpool signing.
  • Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is stalling over giving boss Harry Redknapp a new deal.
  • Southampton are plotting a ?ú2million raid for Millwall's Liam Trotter.

Daily Star

• New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers wants to splash ?ú20million on three players. His targets are Swansea's Joe Allen, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Clint Dempsey.
  • Emirates Marketing Project are eyeing Saudi Sportswashing Machine captain Fabricio Coloccini - after being turned down by Jan Vertonghen.
  • Sunderland are tracking Emirates Marketing Project striker John Guidetti and weighing up an offer for Wolves' Steven Fletcher.
  • Chelsea are closely monitoring talks between Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp and his chairman Daniel Levy.
  • Alan Smith is closing in on a free transfer to MK Dons.
  • Manchester United will have to clear a work-permit hurdle to complete their ?ú17million signing of Japan midfielder Shinji Kagawa.

Sunday Mirror

• Roy Hodgson was hit by a double injury blow last night, just five days before Euro 2012 kicks off.
  • England stars will come home empty-handed if they fail to make it to the quarter-finals of Euro 2012.
  • Brendan Rodgers is set to break Swansea hearts again by making Gylfi Sigurdsson his first Liverpool signing.
  • Roberto Martinez has set his sights on the Tottenham job as Harry Redknapp tries to sort out his White Hart Lane future.
  • Chelsea are only halfway through an incredible summer recruitment drive - despite already agreeing to splash nearly ?ú80million on Eden Hazard, Hulk and Marko Marin.
  • Emirates Marketing Project will begin their summer spending with a ?ú25million offer for Athletico Bilbao defender Javier Martinez.
  • Lee Clark has been targeted to replace Aston Villa-bound Paul Lambert as Norwich manager.
  • Arsenal have joined the race for Crewe starlet Nick Powell.
  • Martin O'Neill is poised to offer Aston Villa striker Gabby Agbonlahor a chance to revive his career.
  • Managerless Swansea City could make a shock move for Ian Holloway if they fail to prise Graeme Jones from Wigan.

People

• Tim Sherwood has emerged as a leading contender to replace Paul Lambert at Norwich.
  • Emirates Marketing Project are plotting an ?ú8million raid for Saudi Sportswashing Machine skipper Fabricio Coloccini.
  • Harry Redknapp has signed up with top agent Paul Stretford in a bid to get his Tottenham future sorted.
  • Pep Guardiola is set to tell Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich he wants to press on with plans to take a full year out from football.
  • Moussa Dembele is being offered a new deal worth ?ú10million over four years to make him Fulham's top earner.
  • Steve Kean wants Blackburn's owners to give him ?ú15million to spend to get Rovers a return to the big time.
  • Brendan Rodgers is set to consider offering Joe Cole a Liverpool lifeline.
  • Highly-rated young keeper Jack Butland could become Joe Hart's understudy for club and country.
  • West Ham manager Sam Allardyce is on red alert for a dramatic Premier League reunion with Nicolas Anelka.

Sunday Express

• Paul Lambert will go back to Norwich to make Grant Holt his first Aston Villa signing.
  • New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers could hijack former club Swansea's ?ú6.8milion move for their on-loan Icelandic star Gylfi Sigurdsson.
  • Chelsea are ready to add to their Belgian contingent by snapping up Fulham's Moussa Dembele.

The Mail

• Manchester United have been told they will have to pay ?ú72million to land top targets Luka Modric, Leighton Baines and Cheick Tiote this summer.

Roberto Martinez has set his sights on the Tottenham job as Harry Redknapp tries to sort out his White Hart Lane future.

MirrorFootball can reveal Martinez has opted to gamble on the Spurs post rather than face the threat of getting stuck in another relegation battle at Villa Park. :lol:

The decision is a sizeable risk as RedknappÔÇÖs future is still unclear and he would face fierce competition from EvertonÔÇÖs David Moyes.

With a year left on his contract, Redknapp, 65, is in limbo over his long-term position.

Chairman Daniel Levy has not ruled out a new deal but it remains to be seen whether he will grant his managerÔÇÖs wish of another three years and a hefty transfer budget.

Redknapp has been targeted by a Middle East consortium over a lucrative job in Qatar.

Germany boss Joachim Low, former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas and ex-Tottenham star Jurgen Klinsmann will also be considered if and when Redknapp leaves.

Belgium defender Jan Vertonghen has said he will join Spurs this summer.

What a load of cobblers! I cant help feeling this is written from the point of view of "We have hyped Martiez so much for a big job, now that he hasnt got Liverpool we had better find another club to set him up with"

Competing with Moyes?
Any realistic chance Redknapp will move to the middle east!? :ross:
Martinez (a very sensible chap) gambling on a job that isnt available yet, and will be competing with 4 other managers already?

That said, after all that - I do think he (like Rodgers) would do better with us than Pool...

Joachim Low is the interesting one. It's like they are just sprouting names out of nowhere lol!

....................Lindegaard
Jones......Ferdinand......Vidic.......Baines
.........................Tiote
...............Carrick......Modric
Valencia........................................Young
.........................Rooney

....................Lindegaard
Jones......Ferdinand......Vidic.......Baines
.........................Tiote
...............Carrick......Modric
Valencia........................................Young
.........................Rooney

No Nani?

New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers may bid for Gylfi Sigurdsson if the Icelandic international's proposed permanent switch to Swansea collapses.

Sigurdsson has verbally agreed a club record ?ú6.8m move from Hoffenheim to the Swans but has yet to sign.

The attacking midfielder played under Rodgers at their former club Reading and the Reds boss said: "If he comes on the market I have to be interested.

"He knows that I rate his qualities and abilities."

Swansea's agreement for Rodgers to move to Anfield included a clause preventing Liverpool bidding for any Swansea players within 12 months.

But Rodgers says Sigurdsson, 22, joined on loan from German club Hoffenheim in January only because the Northern Irishman was in charge.

"Gylfi came to Swansea because I was there as manager and his scoring record was fantastic," said Rodgers.

"I pushed the club to make an agreement to sign Sigurdsson permanently and they did that in terms of the fee - and agreed the salary.

"So I have said to Huw [Jenkins, Swansea chairman]: 'I'm not going to do anything untoward. This is a guy you want, but it is down to Gylfi'.

"If he comes on the market I have to be interested. He knows that I rate his qualities and abilities.

"I said to Huw: 'If I speak to the kid, I'll tell him to speak to the new manager, whoever that is'.

"But if he's not comfortable with that, he's in the market place then - and I have to look at him."

The 22-year-old impressed during his spell at the Liberty Stadium and scored seven goals in 17 starts.

Hoffenheim signed Sigurdsson in 2010 for ?ú6.5m from Reading.

Swansea's initial bid, thought to be close to ?ú4m, was rejected by the Bundesliga club, who are keen to recoup the fee they paid for Sigurdsson.

The Welsh club earned ?ú45.9m from television and prize money during their first season in the Premier League, finishing 11th in the table, and so have funds to strengthen the squad.

Sigurdsson said in April he would be happy to stay at the Liberty Stadium beyond the end of the season.

But Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins had also admitted the Welsh club would struggle to keep hold of the midfielder.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18314658

Nice bit of tapping up there. "If he still wants to join, you can have him, but if he weasels out of it I'm bringing him here."

Llorente...He's worth 40 or 50m in my opinion.

Steady on. He's a 1 in 3 striker who's just benefited from a freakishly good streak by his team that, like Spurs, all went rather tits-up at the end. Moreover, he's 27 and has been at Bilboa for 8 years, and in that time none of the big clubs have come in for him. Yes, he's just scored a hatload this season, but that doesn't suddenly make him a 50m player, and up to now none of Europe's top coaches/clubs have thought so either.

What a load of cobblers! I cant help feeling this is written from the point of view of "We have hyped Martiez so much for a big job, now that he hasnt got Liverpool we had better find another club to set him up with"

Competing with Moyes?
Any realistic chance Redknapp will move to the middle east!? :ross:
Martinez (a very sensible chap) gambling on a job that isnt available yet, and will be competing with 4 other managers already?

That said, after all that - I do think he (like Rodgers) would do better with us than Pool...

Actually, that Martinez story makes a lot of sense to me. He probably doesn't mind at all going back to Wigan for another year if he thinks none of the jobs available this Summer suit him, and if he thinks a better one will be available before too long. Nor would it surprise me if, of Spurs, Pool and Villa, Spurs was the one he wanted - and for much the same reason that many on here want him...there just seems to be a fit between Marty and Spurs. I think he probably senses that too. And while of course there's competition, he might also figure that AVB and Capello won't wait till next Summer just for Spurs, whereas he would. I think all that has a ring of truth about it to be honest.

German media reporting that Hoilett will be joining Bourissia Monchengladbach. Very good signing for them who have lost Reus for big money to Dortmund but have managed to being in Hoilett and Xhaka who looks like a very good young talent.

Last edited:
I've moved the last few pages of Redknapp posts to the Redknapp thread. Please can you keep discussion about him to there because the same arguments and discussions are filling two threads otherwise.

Milo - specifically this is bourne out of transfer gossip and is based upon such - it was not going into his management, rather his future here. Quite purposefully, no need to move.

Back