• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Milo - specifically this is bourne out of transfer gossip and is based upon such - it was not going into his management, rather his future here. Quite purposefully, no need to move.

I disagree. The same discussions were happening on both threads. Redknapp's future here, who might replace him, what Levy may or may not think of Harry, whether Levy would reintroduce the DoF system and Harry's transfer preferences have all been discussed at length on the other thread.

Fenerbache sign Kuyt for a fee in excess of ?ú1 million. Watch him leave them next summer as they haven't paid his wages.

I prefer Hoilet, more intelligent and mature.

That's what i'm saying mate, i agree with that at this moment in time but Moses has more raw ability. Tbh i just noticed they're the same age (thought Hoilett was around 23 tbh) but still Moses has that little something that COULD turn him into a Superb/top class player whereas Hoilett will always be good but imho hasn't got that 'it' factor to turn good into top class or great.

Fenerbache sign Kuyt for a fee in excess of ?ú1 million. Watch him leave them next summer as they haven't paid his wages.

I know his age but I have to say if it was down to me, I would have signed him on a 2 year deal tbh. Would have been a good experienced pro and forward who could have played a short term part in the squad over the next couple of seasons. For the fee involved and wages, I am sure a good deal could have been struck if we had wanted him.

Not surprising that the man with no first touch was the first to leave with Rodgers wanting to implement some pass and move. Passing requires a first touch. Wouldn't be surprised to see Adam go soon as well, moving requires, well, movement...

That's what i'm saying mate, i agree with that at this moment in time but Moses has more raw ability. Tbh i just noticed they're the same age (thought Hoilett was around 23 tbh) but still Moses has that little something that COULD turn him into a Superb/top class player whereas Hoilett will always be good but imho hasn't got that 'it' factor to turn good into top class or great.

Difference to me is that Hoilett on a tribunal will most likely be very cheap while a Moses who really burst onto the scene this season will cost ?ú10-15m easily.

Not surprising that the man with no first touch was the first to leave with Rodgers wanting to implement some pass and move. Passing requires a first touch. Wouldn't be surprised to see Adam go soon as well, moving requires, well, movement...

I don't think his first touch is that bad tbh. I have always thought that he is pretty selfless as well, sacrifices his own play for the best of the team. I know that after Bale started to breakthrough, whenever we played Liverpool he would always be told to forget about his offensive output and double up with his right fullback to make sure they weren't isolated 1v1.

Played alot of his career on the right hand side and never moaned about it either. Always thought he was a good finisher as well which is why for me he would have been a good option within the squad imo.

Obviously we see them very differently. Moses is quicker, but Hoilett is the better dribbler. Both have goals in them, but where Moses are instinctive Hoiletts are purposeful.

Hoiletts composure, intelligence and maturity, at this young age (especially compared to Moses who, like you, I thought was a few years his junior) is what makes me think "WOW! This lad is going to be something"

You seem to be looking at some hidden potential and hoping it will emerge to make him the better player?

Right now Hoilett is better IMO, and I would wager in 5 years it will still be the case

958147ad.jpg

Posted on FTL. SC seem to have narrowed it down to Steve Madanda, possibly Doumbia.

Back