• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It depends who Norwich get to replace Lambert. That squad is a poor one in terms of players, and it is seriously a phenominal job he has done with them when you really look at some of the players he picks, that probably wouldn't get into a lot of top 8 Championship teams. But the thing is, he has built a versatile squad, and tends to pick exactly the right approach for each game he comes up against, and picks the players to carry it out. He's the only manager that really does that right now, and that's what gives him his edge.

If Norwich got in a good manager like say, Poyet, he may be able to keep them up but it will depend on whether he can implement his philosophy on the club in the space of one pre season. Hughton seems to get the best out of players too, I think Birmingham did amazingly well to to what they did last season so maybe he can continue that with Norwich.

Villa should definitely be up there in the top 8 though. They don't really have a squad that is comparable to the top 6 teams, but if he gets money to spend, with players of better quality I reckon Lambert could have them pushing for it. He's unique at the moment, and that's giving him an edge on other teams.

Lambert did the same to Colchester what he has done to Norwich, one whiff of the barmaids skirt and he was off, he will do the same at Villa if his stock rises again and a bigger club want him

I heard that Brum want a lot in compensation for Hughton, as he is seen as their prize asset. It would be a pity if he was priced out of a move and was stuck at Brum.

id rather be at Birmingham than Norwich to be honest, they may be in the premiership but the players they have there are poor, Lambert just got a massive amount from the team as a whole - they don't have much money to spend on strengthening either

Villa should definitely be up there in the top 8 though. They don't really have a squad that is comparable to the top 6 teams, but if he gets money to spend, with players of better quality I reckon Lambert could have them pushing for it. He's unique at the moment, and that's giving him an edge on other teams.

Lerner seems reluctant to put any more money in and who can blame him after the wage bill O'Neill left them with. Lambert will need to sell before he can buy and will not get all of the funds raised through sales to reinvest. Villa are going to be a team of cloggers and hoofers for a while yet.

Lambert did the same to Colchester what he has done to Norwich, one whiff of the barmaids skirt and he was off, he will do the same at Villa if his stock rises again and a bigger club want him

No different to Rodgers, Most managers that have success will move up the food chain. Sooner or later they will sink or swim at the top level. It's up to teams like Norwich to not let all that progress since league one come undone and try and find the right person to keep it going.

There's plenty of managers around the football league / conference level that yo-yo up and down after short periods of success and failure... in fact 3 odd years that Lambert stayed is quite an achievement compared to how quick clubs are in sacking struggling managers nowadays.

Villa would deserve it. They did they same to Brum last year, McLeish resigning, so they wouldn't have to pay compensation. Well done Norwich for not letting him go that easily.

Sunderland's Ahmed Elmohamady confirmed last night: “West Ham are in talks with me. There could be something next week"

Who: Harry Snapper Organs (COYS)
Where: FTL (via COYS)
When: 2nd Jun 3pm (BST)

from glennspurs on ftl:
5m ish is our bid, not for me

Who: Storky (GG)
When: 2nd Jun 10:15am (MST)

Vert and Parker - no acknowledgment during handshake - deal scuppered.

Back