• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dembele is in the top 10 in tackles per game. http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/2935/Stages/5476/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2011-2012

His character is rated as:

Dribbling Very Strong
Tackling Very Strong
Defensive contribution Very Strong
Holding on to the ball Strong
Passing Strong
Direct free kicks Strong

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/12187

has anyone seen the passing stats on that site. you got goal keepers as the best long distance passers

but more of a reason why i think thats gonads is cause it has modric as 4th best most accurate long passer at about 8 long passes a game? rubbish ..am not having that

has anyone seen the passing stats on that site. you got goal keepers as the best long distance passers

but more of a reason why i think thats gonads is cause it has modric as 4th best most accurate long passer at about 8 long passes a game? rubbish ..am not having that

It's based on OPTA's stats as far as I know.

This. Then again, if he's happy being a second choice behind Big Bad Brad, whereas Gomes might not be, then perhaps on a free Green wouldn't be 100% poor as a signing.

I'd still prefer a young up and coming keeper as number 2 though.

The thing is we already own Gomes and unless someone buys him off us we are stuck with him. Whether Gomes is happy being 2nd choice or not shouldn't really come into it. I wouldn't be too unhappy with Gomes on the bench, he's certainly good enough for that.

I'd also be worried that if Green came he would be considered as Friedel's long term replacement which would be a disaster in my opinion.

No offence Jordinho but i prefer to believe my eyes than whoscored.com. Dembele a very strong tackler? hmmmm no.

If Dembele or any cm in world football was very strong at dribbling,tackling,defensive contribution and holding on to the ball plus also being strong at passing he'd be the best cm in the world bar none. No CM in world football is that complete.

The thing is we already own Gomes and unless someone buys him off us we are stuck with him. Whether Gomes is happy being 2nd choice or not shouldn't really come into it. I wouldn't be too unhappy with Gomes on the bench, he's certainly good enough for that.

I'd also be worried that if Green came he would be considered as Friedel's long term replacement which would be a disaster for me.

QPR are looking for a keeper. Rumours of Green and a tiny mention of them looking at Gomes at one point. I'd prefer it if they took both of them.

So presumably (with out current squad and assuming that Adebayor signs) that would mean dropping either VdV or Lennon

I'm not assuming that adebayor signs though. Its unlikely he will take a 60% cut in wages to come to us.

I would like to try 433 as I think Bale would work well on the left of it as an inside forward with maybe vdv drifting in of the right of it. I don't think lennok scores enough for this formation but he would still perform well and would be able to supply runners from deep with his cut backs etc.

Of course im not suggesting we stick rigidly to one formation, it should also be dictated by opposition and form etc.

Because of this its likely Dembele will miss some games but if you think midfield and attack are 6 places then we need 8/9 players who are all capable of sustained runs starting in the team and in key games if circumstances dictate.

Got a rare piece of ITK from a rare source, don't shoot the messenger, I know it's a bit out of the blue, but trust me on this one;

Verthongen to sign for Spurs!

:p

Paul Lambert is the new manager of Aston Villa, the Premier League club have announced.

he'll do well at Villa, doesn't particularly play the best brand of football but i reckon he'll have Villa back in the top 8 shake up within a couple of seasons.

Norwich to go down fo sho

"after his release from Aston Villa, Emile Heskey has gone on a shooting rampage in Birmingham City Centre. No one was hurt."

he'll do well at Villa, doesn't particularly play the best brand of football but i reckon he'll have Villa back in the top 8 shake up within a couple of seasons.

Norwich to go down fo sho

Not if they got in someone like Chris Hughton I dont think they'd go down

Back