• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like Fryers is a Standard Liege player, 2yr contract.

Not surprising. With the minimal compensation package they will have to pay they can afford to pay the player far more then us. Plus he's more likely to get games there.

We have so many games, both Leandro and Ade will get more than enough game time. Leandro is best being integrated slowly anyway like Sandro was so we don't have to be overly concerned this season. There will be times when we will be chasing games and need both of them on, we need another top striker one isn't enough. Next season we will be in the Champions League so will definitely need both then :)

I like the idea of Leandro having time to settle while Ade leads the line, then (hopefully) being available from the new year to step in as Ade needs a rest

Sounds good in theory but if (and thats a big if) we splash out 20m plus on him I highly doubt he will be sitting on the bench for long

Ive always felt that players coming from South America take time to settle, and this needs to be considered.

We seemed to handle Sandros integration very well, he wasnt rushed at all.

In fact it wasnt until around Jan that he started making an impact having not been used since the summer.

- Liege pay a minimal fee for Fryers
- Spurs pay the fee they were willing to in the first place £2m-£3m
- Everyone's a winner
- Well except Utd if he turns out to be any good

Ive always felt that players coming from South America take time to settle, and this needs to be considered.

We seemed to handle Sandros integration very well, he wasnt rushed at all.

In fact it wasnt until around Jan that he started making an impact having not been used since the summer.

I agree with all you've said but Sandro cost us a fraction of what Leandro would he would no doubt be our club transfer record

Amazing what I read on these threads

- AVB has shown he can play something other than 4-3-3, if we got a 20M Striker, we would play that striker +Ade, simple
- Love the denial of VDV hate, ever since he's been here lots of posters love to make little digs re he's not fit, doesn't work hard, is a luxury, no manager can fit him in, doesn't suite x style of play, most of which is just flimflam, he's a World Class player who has contributed heavily with goals/assists, always gives his all and has a great attitude. Sig is not good enough to "replace" him (nothing against Sig), we need "flair" players and VDV for me is crucial to our team.

What did Sandro cost? Saw it as reported from £6m all the way up to £12m.

Even at the lowest valuation it is a lot of money, and we handled him very well IMO.

If anything, we have set a working blueprint for helping players from South America acclimate, not sure why if Leandro costs more we would automatically push him into the side.

Especially with Ade/Defoe in place to cover in the short term.

What did Sandro cost? Saw it as reported from £6m all the way up to £12m.

Even at the lowest valuation it is a lot of money, and we handled him very well IMO.

If anything, we have set a working blueprint for helping players from South America acclimate, not sure why if Leandro costs more we would automatically push him into the side.

Especially with Ade/Defoe in place to cover in the short term.

My understanding is that Sandro cost us £6,000,000 in March 2010 from Internacional.

Here are the transfer histories of every Spurs player from 1908 to 2012...

Tottenham Hotspur Player Transfer History 1908-2012

Sandro actually settled pretty quickly, had very few starts in his first season until he got a run from February onwards where he was a motm contender in near enough all of the games. Unfortunately Harry set him back a year after buying Parker.

Sandro actually settled pretty quickly, had very few starts in his first season until he got a run from February onwards where he was a motm contender in near enough all of the games. Unfortunately Harry set him back a year after buying Parker.

In all fairness Sandro was injured for the first 2-3 months of the season. Buying Parker was not a bad move.

Who: faceyb2
Where: FTL
When: 23rd August

Willian Flew in to London today, no idea how things have progressed just passing on what I was told.

Andre Villas-Boas insists Tottenham will not be signing another striker this summer, despite being linked with Leandro Damiao.

Spurs started the season with just one senior striker in Jermain Defoe but finally completed Emmanuel Adebayor's permanent move from Emirates Marketing Project this week.

The White Hart Lane club have also been tracking Brazil international Damiao for over a year but with 19-year-old academy product Harry Kane also in reserve, Villas-Boas claims he is now happy with the attacking talent at his disposal.

Asked on Thursday if he would sign another striker, the Tottenham manager replied: "I don't think so. With Adebayor, Defoe and Kane coming through, I think I have enough options.

"Damiao is obviously a fantastic player but he is not our prospect at the moment because we are closed with what we are trying to do on the striker situation."

Defoe scored Tottenham's goal as they began the season with a 2-1 defeat at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
Defoe stay

And despite being linked with Aston Villa, QPR and Sunderland, Villa-Boas believes the 29-year-old England international will be staying put.

"I spoke to his agent two days ago and conversations have been extremely productive," he said.

"Jermain is a player I have immense confidence in. I appreciate his qualities so I am hoping that he will continue to be a Tottenham player."

Villas-Boas confirmed that Croatian midfielder Luka Modric is set to complete a move to Real Madrid,though.

"The chairman (Daniel Levy) has told me the talks are ongoing," he said.

"They are making some progress and the situation can be solved within the next couple days."

Back